Way to Soundproof my Bedroom from Street Noise

jdean

Definately double glaze the windows.

In relation to the walls, if your bedroom is large, what about a timber frame cavity wall that is heavily insulated inside the cavity. Then just your usual plasterboard and painted finish. Sure, your room will be slightly smaller, but if that's no problem for you, it could fix your problem. Or, similarly, double brick the wall, from the inside, which would probably be cheaper.

Another idea, and I haven't seen your property, but you did say it's a house, is to put a high fence up along the street front boundary, not for anti-theft or privacy reasons, but to act as a sound barrier, as it will bounce a lot of noise back off it. A cheaper option to this is using trees.

NanKangMan, I agree. Windows first. Do you know where to order double glass windows ???. I Cannot find any and must construct and special order my own.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been fortunate that the op has chosen my company to replace his windows for soundproof uPVC ones.

Cant really advertise on the forum as its against the rules but feel free to pm me and hopefully I can help.

Ps we are based in Phuket

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app