Thai Government House retaken without resistance

webfact

Government House retaken without resistance

2-14-2014-1-09-56-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government has seized back the Government House without any resistance from the protesters, including their leaders, who escaped before the police’s arrival.

Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tarit Pengdit told the media this afternoon (Friday) that the protesters and their leaders who are wanted by the police had escaped before police moved in on to reclaim the Government House.

He claimed that several bomb-making equipments and narcotic drugs were left at the Government House apparently abandoned by the protesters.

Tarit said that the government would try to reclaim other state properties still occupied by the protesters whenever it deemed fit. He, however, made clear that police would not just try to retake the properties but to arrest protest leaders against whom arrest warrants had been issued.

He explained that the reason to retake the Government House was to enable officials to return to work there. However, he said that it would take some time before the venue was ready to resume normal function.

Regarding the disclosure of companies suspected of providing financial support to the protesters, Tarit said the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) would take into consideration the suggestion of the private sector that the move would not be a persecution of the private sector and it must be transparent and fair.

He said that the suspects would be given a chance to make clarifications before they are to be listed as protest financiers and legal actions to be taken against them.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-house-retaken-without-resistance/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-14

In a way, it's somewhat akin to plugging a hole in a dyke, only to find another hole appear. This game of musical chairs will clearly be the CMPO dance of choice. In the meantime, it's imperative for administrative officials to refrain from smiling at the camera at any and all times, lest they give the impression of being human. And breaking out into howls of laughter every time Tarit speaks will be dealt with most harshly, and will cause his feelings to be hurt.

They took an empty camp site and the KPT are already back in place (same place - Thai Government House)!!! clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

The Thai army used the same approach to deal with the communist insurgents in the South. Announce a big push in a certain area in advance. Take an empty camp with jubilant press photographs and articles extolling the bravery of Thailand's boys in green. The Malaysian army was more apt to get into bloody fire fights with the same enemy on their side of the border.

Who is the chick sitting to the left of Tarit?

I suggest giving citizen Tarit a call and ask for her phone number.

If I go up on the stage, maybe Tarit will come to me.

You might get arrested and deported...

Ooh no he wont, oooh yes he will, ooh no he wont, ooh yes he will

(Thai Pantomime)

He claimed that several bomb-making equipments and narcotic drugs were left at the Government House apparently abandoned by the protesters.

dam_n I thought the police or the DSI would have planted weapons of mass destruction.

Oh well they have painted the peaceful protestors as bomb making drug users now. They should have said they were manufacturing meth as well. If your going to go half way might as well go the whole mile.

Amazing that not a single weapon or bomb "found" was used against the police when they took all the protest sites over. Amazing they all abandoned the protest site leaving of of this behind especially when they would have guessed they were going to be raided when at 1am this morning buses of police turned up. So thats why they call it Amazing Thailand.

This could go down as the most heavy armed peaceful protestors in history.

​Ahhh, the gullible.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

(Thai Pantomime)

You will have to leave,you are on the stage,you are not Thai,you are a danger to the country,i'm sorry but those are our principals and if you don't like them.........well we have others.

(Thai Pantomime)

double post

Edited by soalbundy