New Cans for Coca Cola

Gonzo the Face

About 2 years ago these cans of gut rot, caffeine, sugar and chemicals with names I`ve never heard of except I know they eventually kill you, discretely decreased the amount of liquid inside the cans from 330ml to 325ml. Since then I have not drunk the stuff. I progressed onto real home made fruit juices, tastes better, feel better.

Sounds like the air we breathe and food we eat.

Every thought about how much sugar you consume as well in those HEALTHY fruit juices or the ingested organochlorine derivatives?

Terrible. Enjoy life and everything in Zmoderation and do yourself no harm

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Where does the sugar come from if he juices at home? The only sugar present will be natural sugars contained in the fruit and not the poison variants such as HFCS and it's derivatives.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chatting to a Coke representative a few years back and in OZ, the biggest problem coke faced at that time was the Asian imports of the smaller coke cans.

No doubt other countries are experiencing the same problem.

I assume the different labelling and can types would allow Coke to determine the distributor more easily so they can put a stop to the cheaper imports.

Edited by Lockheed

Will it still dissolve a coin within 48 hours and explode when you add a Mentos to it?

Yes, and the stuff will also clean toilets and remove rust from mental:

Might just be something to do with the high levels of phosphoric acid!!!!

The half can idea is the Coke company's answer to saving lives. With 24 teaspoons full of sugar in one standard can you can last a lot longer by drinking only half as much !

But if you didn't drink it at all....................................

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

The Japanese had these skinny cans of Coke in the eighties. They have often been design trend setters so it is a wonder they didn't reach here before now. Maybe they were not a success then.

But if you didn't drink it at all....................................

Don't forget about giving up sex, any kind of food that tastes good and alcohol. They can all cause harm.

Bored-Nothing.jpg

Sex is good for you unless it is with the professional wrestlers wife that is standing right next to the bed with two naked people inside!!

I eat delicious food all the time and it is extremely healthy food as I am a health guru. It doesn't have to be poison like Burger king or KFC.

Also, alcohol in moderation is good for you (especially red wine) and it is good for your cholesterol (although it will elevate your triglycerides).

As has been pointed out in other threads-- didn't most of us come here to avoid nanny states and the nannies who live there?

As has been pointed out in other threads, most of us came for the girls. tongue.png

Have you noticed that the new cans are shaped more like a Thai lady, whereas the old ones are more like the larger western lady "fatass" shape... ;-)

I eat delicious food all the time and it is extremely healthy food as I am a health guru. It doesn't have to be poison like Burger king or KFC.

Also, alcohol in moderation is good for you (especially red wine) and it is good for your cholesterol (although it will elevate your triglycerides).

I love Upsized KFC meals with a Jumbo Pepsi!

Only 105bht.

Yes, I've seen them and I don't like them, at all. Not only do they create stacking problems on shelves that used to hold six-packs, two high, but our little drink refrigerator has wire shelves and if they're not placed "just so", then they tip over on the refrigerator shelf.

Yeah, I know there are bigger annoyances in life, but why'd they have to make this change? During the couple weeks they were making the switch, it was difficult to find Coke Zero and Diet Coke in Chiang Mai. Took me back to the Bad Ole Days (actually months) after the floods when it was impossible to find these products.

They also dont stand up in my tin holder in the truck.

Yes, I've seen them and I don't like them, at all. Not only do they create stacking problems on shelves that used to hold six-packs, two high, but our little drink refrigerator has wire shelves and if they're not placed "just so", then they tip over on the refrigerator shelf.

Yeah, I know there are bigger annoyances in life, but why'd they have to make this change? During the couple weeks they were making the switch, it was difficult to find Coke Zero and Diet Coke in Chiang Mai. Took me back to the Bad Ole Days (actually months) after the floods when it was impossible to find these products.

They also dont stand up in my tin holder in the truck.

That's outrageous; just tell her to squeeze slightly more tightly... ;-)

• Like 1

For me the jury is back in...... verdict is that the whole idea is guilty of being a crappy idea.

As Nancy sez , they now don't stack 2 high, which makes for wasted space and enough space for only half the amount of cans.

The thin-ness of the can makes for toppling over much easier.

The Pull tabs not only are more difficult to open with normal size adult fingers , but also seem to have a tendency to snap off leaving the can unopened, or with just a crack. Of course this requires a small screwdriver type of tool to pop the tab in.

Are there any newly arrived members from the US or Europe, and have they gone to the new can over there, or is it just another brilliant chinese chinch idea to add a few coins to someone locals pocket.

To me this is a terrible idea, and I do not think it was fully thought out or use tested to any degree.

Does any one know if this is all over from Coca Cola or just some local attempt at brilliance? Maybe another 2 baht coin of an idea.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

One other thing that was mentioned to me........ How are the vending machines to be adjusted to accommodate the new cans....

Interesting...

and just another follow up thought......... you ever see a cola vending machine over here...... do they have them at all????

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I drink always from glas bottels, taste better then tins and plastic

Is Coke even still available in Glass? Not in the USA anymore. We still have the glass bottles in Japan available

from vending machines at Highway Rest stops and outside of big shopping plazas. I drank one last summer.

Last Coke I had. Im a Coke Light drinker.

Are the cans smaller portions? Many companies have been reducing content of packaged food surreptitiously at the same price to squeeze more profit. The new can shape may also save on bulk shipping costs.

Edited by arunsakda

• 1 month later...

Well more than a month has passed since originally posting this thread and the only change in my feelings about this change is that I am more than sure that it is one of the stupidest product changes ever tried.

Does anyone know if this is worldwide by Coca Cola or just a local bit of non brilliant expression?

These new size cans are enough to make you give up and go to Pepsi.

G