New Cans for Coca Cola

Gonzo the Face

Personal I thank any soda from any can taste. like shyt. It needs to be packaged in glass or plastic.

Personally I take it serious and buy Pepsi Max in the liter and one half plastic bottles.

I believe the new cans were made that way because to maintain their profit margin in a market where all there ingredients were going up they would have to reduce the amount in each can.

The new cans are not as obvious as the old cans would have been if they had made them shorter. Their strategy is working perfect every body is complaining about the shape of the can not the quantity in it. Also Schweppes is in the same cans now.clap2.gif

I got that spelling of the can I always thought it was a shorter spelling.facepalm.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well more than a month has passed since originally posting this thread and the only change in my feelings about this change is that I am more than sure that it is one of the stupidest product changes ever tried.

Does anyone know if this is worldwide by Coca Cola or just a local bit of non brilliant expression?

These new size cans are enough to make you give up and go to Pepsi.

G

Yes, saw the "skinny can" in Australia last week...

Blame the "hipsters" movement first it was "skinny jeans", now "skinny cans" of coke! The end is near my friends! Commy bar stewards!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Check the volume again. Think its only 250ml and not 330ml.

http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/press-centre/2013/july/coca-cola-launches-250ml-can.html

It is the same 330ml. When it first showed up at the mini mart next to my office and I went to buy one the owner said 10 Baht, but hesitantly. They were new and she hadn't registered the price. I looked at the can and it showed 330ml, the exact same volume as the wider can. She realized that also and gave the normal price, same as the previous model at 15 Baht.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that it was 325 before and it is 325 now. I compared the cans side by side when the skinny ones came out and i probably would have noticed. It is possible that Pepsi is less though. I usually try to get Coke Zero or Coke Light, if they are available.

Can anyone tell me why ordinary Coke (red cans) is 20 baht in bars while Coke Light is 35 baht. The price is the same at supermarkets.

GBO's (Greedy Bar Owners).

Not just bars. Restaurants do it too. I avoid any place that charges more for diet drinks than regular as the retail price is the same.

Coke cans are the same size and same price.

Pepsi cans are smaller and 2B cheaper.

They are a pain in the ass, since all other inventions such as cupholders, soda racks, etc are made for the wide can.

Awww man, I just realized when I was teaching surface area of cylinders I could have had my students calculate the two cans to see if there is a difference. Perhaps the new cans use less material?