Godlang Bus Terminal Khon kaen

malct

We are looking to travel from Yasothon to khon Kaen and my wife has been to the bus station and asked about the VIP bus, She has been told that the bus drops you off at the Godland station which is 5 to 10 KM outside of the City. Anyone have any information on this or as my wife been asking at the wrong counter and getting the wrong bus, When looking on the web, it says khon kaen as 2 bus stations in the city.

Also any advice for getting a bus from khon Kaen to Hua-hin.

Thank you in-advanced

Malc

There are two bus terminals in Khon Kaen, although that should change this month.

I presume the "Godland Station" is he new bus terminal, which is ready but not yet in use.

I also presume when this new bus station will be opened all taxi's and tuktuks now serving the present terminal will serve the new one.

Also, there is a new diret bus service from Khon Kaen to Hua Hin.

Thank you for your quick reply, i guess then the local bus will run between the 2 places, with having lots of cases, then a taxi into the city would be better.

I will look into the new diret bus service from Khon Kaen to Hua Hin when i get to KK

Edited by malct

There should be plenty of non VIP buses which run into the city.

However because it's not that far, any VIP buses probably avoid the city, which would explain why they can only drop you at a station outside the city.

That's just my 2c though, I don't live in either Yasothon or Khon Kaen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There are two bus terminals in Khon Kaen, although that should change this month.

I presume the "Godland Station" is he new bus terminal, which is ready but not yet in use.

I also presume when this new bus station will be opened all taxi's and tuktuks now serving the present terminal will serve the new one.

Also, there is a new diret bus service from Khon Kaen to Hua Hin.

They have started to use new bus station - its only 3 kms from centre & I believe there are shuttle buses to take to old bus station & VIP Station in town

Show your wife this extensive report in Thai about the new "terminal 3", opened on Feb 1.

This seems to be this new bus terminal.

http://forum.khonkaenlink.info/index.php?PHPSESSID=lclsff5kognulcash9a89kcd95&topic=16776719.0

Some pictures to be seen.

Very poor and provincial style: the signboard does not show an english translation.

"Godlang"? No clue/find about this transcript.

It is on the western bypass, but very close to Mithrapap and so about 6 km to the city.

Just found this pdf in Thai:

http://www.kkpao.go.th/kkpao/uploads/content/556/5209a77bda216.pdf

On the left there seems to be a table of bus routes that go to this terminal? (maybe someone can confirm this)

To my suprise the place is on Google Maps already (in a construction state obviously):

http://goo.gl/maps/PRRkh

Quite sure you will find adequate transport to the city.

Edited by KhunBENQ

No2, yes. Sometimes I forget, that some people don't know "Mithraphap" (friendship highway) alias No. 2 smile.png

Its just at the intersection, but on the western side of No. 2. Kalasin is to the east.

Edited by KhunBENQ

got dropped off at the new bus station and got a taxi into town at a cost of 150baht, The driver would not use the meter because it was out of town!!!!!

Can any one tell me were i book coaches for either Hua hin or pattaya in Khon Kean without having to go to the new bus station.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm driving toward Khon Kaen from Udon Thani way.

What do I look for, where do I turn?

Presumably this is before you get to the big dino in the middle of the dual carriageway? The one that shelters the nice policeman with the camera.

Will it be necessary to go there for NCA?

All NCA buses now leave from the new bus station. Heading from Udon Thani you would go under the ring road past the Tesco-Lotus on the left; then make a U-turn and the head north turning west (left) onto the ring road to the bus station.

IxNay That is if you drive straight through on Mittraphap / 2 -- if you want you can just take the ring road north of KK which I believe shows the direction to airport and just stay on that -- the bus station will be on the right just before again hitting 2 which will again require a u-turn.

Edited by JLCrab

All NCA buses now leave from the new bus station. Heading from Udon Thani you would go under the ring road past the Tesco-Lotus on the left; then make a U-turn and the head north turning west (left) onto the ring road to the bus station.

Thank you kindly.

Actually I'm still confused. I am on no 2 Mithraphap coming from UT and Lotus is on the right, and I don't think I go under any road, but rather over them.

Ah well, I'll find it.

Edited by mahtin

See edit above.

Take 2 -- There are 2 T-L's in KK -- one north of town one south of town -- I was referring to the one south of town. But again if driving you could just take the ring road and avoid a lot of traffic in central kk.

Edited by JLCrab

See edit above.

Take 2 -- There are 2 T-L's in KK -- one north of town one south of town -- I was referring to the one south of town. But again if driving you could just take the ring road and avoid a lot of traffic in central kk.

Well, UT is north of KK, I am coming from Khao Suan Kwang, Namphong, moving south on Highway 2 toward KK, so I just need to take the correct turnoff and I'm there. I think.

See edit above.

Well, UT is north of KK, I am coming from Khao Suan Kwang, Namphong, moving south on Highway 2 toward KK, so I just need to take the correct turnoff and I'm there. I think.

Take the ring road exit off H2 north of KK that says Airport heading to the west side of KK -- stay on that until just before you would again join H2 and the bus station will be on the right.

There is a large Singha water bottling plant on the Right a few km before the bus station also on the Right.

Edited by JLCrab

Nice, thank you.

May just do a recce, go and buy the ticket there instead of the usual phone call and pay at the 7.

Surprise the 14 yr old son with the omniscience of his elders and betters.

Cheers.

OK just one caveat as I was there at the new station this SAT AM -- you can only use cash at the new station ticket window as they have not installed a credit card machine. I had to then travel on my 100cc Honda Wah-vay back to the old station downtown where they still maintain a ticket window,