Guns suspected to be used in Kwanchai murder attempt discovered

webfact

Guns suspected to be used in Kwanchai murder attempt discovered

2-10-2014-10-44-00-AM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Udon Thani provincial police said they have recovered three AK47 assault rifles from a roadside small canal and suspected they might be used in the attempted murder of hardcore redshirt leader Kwanchai Praipana last month.

Chief investigator of Udon Thani provincial police command Pol Col Chakkrit Chantararat said that the assault rifles were found when a fisherman used net to catch fishes at an irrigation canal beneath Lamtakraw 3 bridge on the Chaiyaphum-Nakhon Sawan highway in Bung Samphan district of Phetchabun province yesterday.

He reported the finding to local village headman and later to the police.

The police went there and brought them back for forensic examination if they are the assault rifles used by the gunmen in the shooting of Kwanchai or not.

But initially they suspected they might be used citing the highway was used by gunmen as escape route.

The three assault rifles were later sent to Khon Kaen for forensic test to prove if they were used in the attack on Kwanchai.

It will take a week to know the forensic test, the officer said.

The chief investigator also said that the four wanted soldiers suspected to be in the shooting team have not yet turned themselves in to the police for interrogation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/guns-suspected-used-kwanchai-murder-attempt-discovered/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-15

so after everyone has handled the guns and put them to their shoulders to pretend they are shooting them they want to do forensic tests, how many fingerprints will they now find on them, hahahahaha, these idiots are totally hopeless but at least it will mask any reds prints so they cant be identified

fat fingers and keyboards dont mix well, you should see my nostrilscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by seajae

so after everyone has handled the guns and put them to their shoulders to pretend they are shooting them they want to do forensic tests, how many fingerprints will they now find on them, hahahahaha, these idiots are totally hopeless but at least it will mask any reds prints so they cant be identified

fat fingers and keyboards dont mix well, you should see my nostrilscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Just where in that article did you read that everybody had handled the guns and pretended to shoot them? Another knee jerk reaction post?

Amazing how effective and pro active the law can be when a crime is committed against a red shirt.

Amazing how everything just falls into place and evidence appears when a crime is committed against a red shirt.

Any luck on who bombed Abhsist's house yet? Any luck on the 47 bomb attacks on the PDRC protestors?

Those "one principle of democracy" supporters are a confused bunch.

They support an unelected criminal boss running the country (Yes, yes yingluck is the PM still) on the run claiming democracy yet denounce "equal protection under the law"

Can't wait to hear the but, but, but brigade.

But it is equal protection. But the farmer found the gun. But the CCTV camera's didn't get a good picture of the criminal. But the bombers are PDRC supporters blowing themselves up. But the PDRC supporter are all on drugs as was proven when the police planted found the drugs. BUT BUT BUT..

Ohh the gullible.

Some won't even say BUT. They simply say, "You are a liar and tell lies like liars do!" blink.png Can't argue with that heay?

Talking of "creativity" these 47 bomb attacks? You're not getting confused with a contemporary film title, are you?

Amazing how effective and pro active the law can be when a crime is committed against a red shirt.

Amazing how everything just falls into place and evidence appears when a crime is committed against a red shirt.

Any luck on who bombed Abhsist's house yet? Any luck on the 47 bomb attacks on the PDRC protestors?

They support an unelected criminal boss running the country (Yes, yes yingluck is the PM still) on the run claiming democracy yet denounce "equal protection under the law"

But it is equal protection. But the farmer found the gun. But the CCTV camera's didn't get a good picture of the criminal. But the bombers are PDRC supporters blowing themselves up. But the PDRC supporter are all on drugs as was proven when the police planted found the drugs. BUT BUT BUT..

Ohh the gullible.

Some won't even say BUT. They simply say, "You are a liar and tell lies like liars do!" blink.png Can't argue with that heay?

Talking of "creativity" these 47 bomb attacks? You're not getting confused with a contemporary film title, are you?

I will put it another way then.

10 people were killed and 621 wounded as of 4 days ago.

Some won't even say BUT. They simply say "Talking of "creativity" these 47 bomb attacks?"

• Like 2

The four military suspects have not yet turned themselves in and I wonder if that includes the Lt. Col who could not be contacted a couple of days ago ?

This all begs the questions as to what the BIB are doing, if anything, to actively locate them and what effort, if any, the army are putting in to assist ?

Oh I know, I do expect too much and do ask stupid questions.

You should be laughing at your self, as you post suggest you are extremely clueless on what forensic test determine.

Each bullet has its own fingerprints, as it travel though the barrel the lands and groves imprints its finger print on the bullet, and ( at the lab. the weapon is test fired and the bullet retrieved and the marking IDed) if the markings on the bullet, matches those taken from the crime scene.

If they match that was the weapon used in the attack.

Quite simple, hey!

Cheers

Exactly. The spent cartridges that are tossed about as they are ejected also have unique microscopic imprints from the firing chamber, the extractor, and from the firing pin striking the primer.

Edited by NeverSure

You should be laughing at your self, as you post suggest you are extremely clueless on what forensic test determine.

Each bullet has its own fingerprints, as it travel though the barrel the lands and groves imprints its finger print on the bullet, and ( at the lab. the weapon is test fired and the bullet retrieved and the marking IDed) if the markings on the bullet, matches those taken from the crime scene.

Quite simple, hey!

Cheers

Exactly. The spent cartridges that are tossed about as they are ejected also have unique microscopic imprints from the firing chamber, the extractor, and from the firing pin striking the primer.

Thanks for bringing that up I completely forgot to address the spent casing!

Edited by kikoman

Just where in that article did you read that everybody had handled the guns and pretended to shoot them? Another knee jerk reaction post?

There is a photo in the OP of someone handling one of the weapons.

clap2.gif

This morning (Saturday) the home of the anti-corruption commission "Hua Naa" was attacked by gunmen ... and last night the criminal court bldg was attacked by gunmen .... also last night two grenades thrown at PDRC in Rayong injuring 4 people (but not Red Shirts) ....... so I bet the police don't break any records trying to solve any of these.

Edited by rogerdee123
  • Like 1

Ohh the gullible.

Some won't even say BUT. They simply say "Talking of "creativity" these 47 bomb attacks?"

OK so we'll put the 47 bomb attacks BS down to your imagination and you've come back with 10 dead and 621 wounded.

Are these all anti government protesters? I'll answer for you shall I? No, they're not - it includes police and pro government supporters. Care to tell me the real figures?

Care to tell me how the investigation and arrest warrants are going for the PDRC gunmen? Oh, hang on, looks like the courts threw those out.

One could be forgiven for thinking the PDRC have some influential guardian angels - just like the good old days of PAD, I wonder if they're the same people?

Edited by fab4

clap2.gif

Forget the self congratulating. That was a re-enactment from days ago when the first Gunman was arrested, long before these guns were discovered. How smug do you feel now?

But it is equal protection. But the farmer found the gun. But the CCTV camera's didn't get a good picture of the criminal. But the bombers are PDRC supporters blowing themselves up. But the PDRC supporter are all on drugs as was proven when the police planted found the drugs. BUT BUT BUT…..

Ohh the gullible.

Can't argue with facts either. The photo shows the police are not neutral and are biased to the PTP.

Facts the PTP kryptonite.

More importantly, any progress on the investigation of the assassination of Mr. Suthin? Almost certainly this was an act of red shirt violence, and I doubt even one of the 50 red shirts from the area in which the shots were fired has even been interrogated.

• Like 1

Love the way the police have got the suspect to point the AK-47 at photographers during the re-enactment ceremony.

Even with no magazine, you have to assume there is one in the chamber because there sometimes is. Who would be charged with murder if he accidentally killed a photographer due to police incompetence?

hmmm

quote:
they might be used in the attempted murder of hardcore redshirt leader Kwanchai Praipana

Its nice to see the police giving advance warning of the attempted murder and possible weapons being used... Bravo person journalist! thumbsup.gif

Quite simple, hey!

Cheers

How many episodes of CSI have you watched?

There seems to be a great deal of unsubstantiated supposition going on both by us (TV) and by the OP. On that basis I'll add my comments/suppositions.

The AK47 is, I suppose, not a cheap gun. If used by a terrorist it would be kept for future use unless, of course, funding for the weapon came from a person or persons with unlimited resources.

If they were military weapons they would neither have been used nor discarded. They would be too traceable. It is quite likely that the evidence of the guns is a bit of a red herring, after all, since honesty in the government is in such short supply why should we believe police forensic evidence as told by the police. As others have remarked everything seems to fall into place so conveniently in this report. Of course it could all be true, but I have a feeling of wrongness about this one.

Fab4

Very smug until you show me proof. At which time I will feel very very embarrassed.

While I agree that the police have, yet again, shown themselves to be more than useless at investigating or preventing attacks on PDRC protesters, fab4 is absolutely right to point out that the photo in the OP is from the original re-enactment with the, apparent, self-confessed shooter.

Play the ball and not the man.

Quite simple, hey!

Cheers

and does not still identify who pulled the trigger you CSI sleuths

There seems to be a great deal of unsubstantiated supposition going on both by us (TV) and by the OP. On that basis I'll add my comments/suppositions.

The AK47 is, I suppose, not a cheap gun. If used by a terrorist it would be kept for future use unless, of course, funding for the weapon came from a person or persons with unlimited resources.

If they were military weapons they would neither have been used nor discarded. They would be too traceable. It is quite likely that the evidence of the guns is a bit of a red herring, after all, since honesty in the government is in such short supply why should we believe police forensic evidence as told by the police. As others have remarked everything seems to fall into place so conveniently in this report. Of course it could all be true, but I have a feeling of wrongness about this one.

I also wonder why the mastermind would have decided to use a village defence volunteer from the South mixed up with professional soldiers who are all senior NCOs and officers from Kanchanaburi. The village volunteer, who claims he only earned B8,000 for this job on the other side of the country, seems to have been easily picked up and beaten into signing a real or fake confession. One would have thought that the professional crew from Kanchanaburi would not have need of the amateur's help, not to mention that his Southern accent would make him stand out like a sore thumb in Udon. Doesn't make any sense and combined with the ever so swift results is highly suspicious. Accusing the army of a high profile hit like this is a serious business, even if it is true. I suspect that the investigations into that side of things will get nowhere.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

A demagogue has a knack of changing the subject when an inconvenient truth is presented to them. A really skillful demagogue does this without the person that raised the original point even realizing the subject has been changed. The argument then is not about the overall argument presented, but more a word or in this case a number that was grabbed out of the whole text to allow the demagogue to remove himself from answering difficult questions that formed the main context of the original post. This gives them a sense of rightness whereby they have not only alleviated the need to answer the difficult truths, but also allowing them to continue on with their other traits of demagoguery which is their fallacy of moral equivalence and cunning projection and victimization. And surprise surprise examples of this are in the form of you asking me questions and wording the sentences in such a way that would make a demagogue proud.

There were not 47 attack. Well there were on the 13th of January. The number is up to about 62 now. BUT as that was only a grab out of my overall post I will not fall into a demagogues trap and start arguing about it.

The ironic thing is I preempted the replies as well and I got just what I expected.

If you care to comment on my original post which was highlighting a principle of democracy called "equal protection under the law" (which contrary to some posters on this forum who believe that "elections" are the only principle of democracy) then I look forward to some healthy debate on the subject.

I am sure I can preempt the next reply too if I get one. It will involve demonizing or picking a bit out of my second post or simply ignore all I have said and rehash the 47 number. I suspect the 3rd. That is what a demagogue would do.

Kikoman

Hey, I am the demagogue, you used that same reply against me just two days ago, What is it your one reply fits all responses to any opinion.

The topic of this thread is the possible recovery of the weapons used in the attack on Kwanchai, as a poster stated the guns were being handled in the picture of the OP. that picture was taken at the reenactment of the shooting by the suspect arrested in the case and is not the same weapon.

Please stay on topic, if you want to debate what a Democracy is, this is not the thread!

Cheers

Quite simple, hey!

Cheers

How many episodes of CSI have you watched?

Just some little hints I picked up on how to handle many type of weapons in my years of service in the US Army, well acquainted with the AK-47 that was the weapon of choice of many of our opponents.

Actually I have never watched that program you mentioned!

Cheers

Fab4

Very smug until you show me proof. At which time I will feel very very embarrassed.

While I agree that the police have, yet again, shown themselves to be more than useless at investigating or preventing attacks on PDRC protesters, fab4 is absolutely right to point out that the photo in the OP is from the original re-enactment with the, apparent, self-confessed shooter.

Play the ball and not the man.

I stand corrected and WILL ADMIT I made a mistake. (something new for PTP supporters)

Smug mode disengaged and embarrassment mode activated. facepalm.gif

I notice an AFL term slipped in too. Nice one.

• Like 1