Baiting, can you do it

seajae

Or, hire someone to drive bamboo stakes into the ground along the fence line, the distance between being too narrow for the dogs to fit through.

Or... a thin "skirt" of concrete along the edge... or just put some wire mesh along the ground for a meter or so out from the fence. Look at it as a challenge to outsmart or frustrate the pooches. If you kill them you will feel remorse guaranteed.

• Like 1

I don't see killing the dogs ending well.

Fix the fence. Burying rabbit wire would be good, but if you don't want to dig, run one string of razor wire right along the ground on the inside of the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OP: Did you discuss with your wife prior to speaking to the dog’s owner, probably would have said don't waste your time. As others have said, better to invest in a rabbit fence or some other effective means. In the meantime, as your business in incuring financial loss, have you approached your Amphur to see what action, if any, they will take against the nuisance dogs?

Baiting on your property is more than likely legal, although a bit of a grey area as Thailand does have animal cruelty laws that are sometimes enforced, the fine is 1,000 baht. Unlikely the dog’s owner would go down this path; more probably some form of dispute revenge.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

If you do kill the dogs....make sure the corpses can't be found.....and deny, deny,deny.....and you probably will feel remorse, which at the end of the day is probably not the best solution.

The rabbit wire, razor wire buried beneath your boundary sounds good......may I also suggest broken bottles scattered amongst the wires beneath the ground to deter them digging.

Frustrating for you OP I do feel for you......hope you find a solution soon and continue with your franj's.

Cheers.

• Like 1

What I would do- buy some small gauge reinforcing steel, cut into lengths that were long enough for the purpose and hammer into the ground close enough together to stop the dogs digging through. Would cost a bit initially, but would be a permanent solution.

That is why I recomend bamboo for that purpose, much cheaper and will last long enough for the dogs to forget what fun it is to go there.

• Like 1

If you are growing expensive varieties of anything, put your hand in your pocket to pay for decent security for your investment. That does not include poisoning your neighbours' pets. If you do this, I hope you get caught by your neighbours and by Karma.

yes, how dare I expect someone to take responsibility of THEIR dogs digging into MY area and trashing MY plants because THEY dont want them to SH*T in their yard and reuse to stop them, get a life.

• Like 1

quick update, went back down there last night and placed full bags of coconut chips(I use them for mixing in the area around the trees) across all the areas where the dogs have dug before and this morning they had not got in, will check again this afternoon but I also warned the owner if I found any dogs or signs of them in there again they would be poisoned/killed and I would seek restitution for all the damage caused from the owner and told him how much so far, he sh*t himself. No more playing around, I cant move them now until the flowering season is over or I lose years of work to get to this stage(ready to cross pollinate) or flowering for the first time(I also just spent heaps getting them prepped for the season) but I will be moving them once this season is over and we are looking for land now. Cannot believe people have animals as pets but refuse to take responsibility for what they do or simply dont care, I think the owner was a tad upset after realizing I am not playing around anymore, he was also told that I have the backing of the police officer next door which makes it a lot different, he is the one in the losing position if he does not heed my warning.

• Like 2

I had dogs from a neighbour coming in my garden and ruin my stuff. I went to the owner a few times and showed her what they damaged and also the wounds on my hands from grabbing them (they bit me). I told her that if they don't have vaccinations i have to go to Bungumrad 5 times for injections and that my insurance would claim the costs for that on her account.

She paid the damaged things and called her vet who told her they had vaccinations. Also she said the dogs would be moved to her hometown. Never seen them again.

Also last week i told my direct neighbour that her poodles are barking all day long when being left alone. They drive me crazy. She didn't bring them anymore when she comes here for the weekends.

If you just talk normal to the Thai (in slow clear english, normal calm voice even if you are furious) they will understand you. At least in this moobaan they do. The locals outside the moobaan i would not talk to. They have loads of soidogs and i sure would kick them if they come to close to me or my wife.

Last year the dog of a friend stayed here for some weeks and got her dog-period time. The soidogs came all the time to our fence and one morning (i forgot to lock the gate) i found them mating on the street. They managed to open the gate somehow. She was pregnant but all the puppy's found a home.