No unity government: Suthep

Lite Beer

I suppose Suthep is right in one sense, if he ends up setting up a government it won't be one of "unity", as it will be against the wishes of most of the Thai people!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What the protesters and most people who wants national reform agrees with, is a interim govt free of politicians. Because it is the politicians who got Thailand into these mess.

We can always look at the American Revolution when the founding fathers were unelected but managed to establish one of the greatest governing democracy.

Thais and most foreigners all recognize that the system is so broken and tainted. And everyone argues why whoever is in charge never make changes. This is the reason why politicians can not be involved with the reform. The reform is not about party lines. A government should work for the people and not for themselves or their parties. Remember most people are not corrupt, they only become corrupt when it becomes standard practice. Time for a long over due housekeeping.

And dont forget that suthep and his thugs were amoung thse politicians before.

• Like 1

sorry i post too soon,

wife just tell me this is man who they want to be pm for suthep. surin pitsuwan not sure what the name of his hairpiece is

BglR4QVCAAAmjmH.jpg

Dr Surin, intelligent, highly educated with an impressive record as an MP in Thailand and an excellent resume internationally.

High quality, just what Thailand needs after the last 2 years.

• Like 1

sorry i post too soon,

wife just tell me this is man who they want to be pm for suthep. surin pitsuwan not sure what the name of his hairpiece is

BglR4QVCAAAmjmH.jpg

Dr Surin, intelligent, highly educated with an impressive record as an MP in Thailand and an excellent resume internationally.

High quality, just what Thailand needs after the last 2 years.

such a dullard he was proposed for the UN leadership......

Alternatively.... ok.. lets get him on the ballot paper!!

Edited by bkkdave1220
  • Like 1

This just goes to show that suthep only wants a dictatorship and whith him as the dictator. it is so simple to see I dont know why the good people of thailand can not see that.

They can, that is why they had to trash the election.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"if the ex-premier met him in person at the Dusit Thani Hotel, which is near the main protest site at Lumpini Park.

But he didn't think Thaksin would dare to return to Thailand for such a meeting and risk being arrested after being convicted and sentenced to two years' jail for abuse of power.

"So the door for talks should be considered shut," Suthep said"

Now I'll bet Thaksin would be more than willing to meet him for a chat in Dubai,... but I doubt Suthep's got the balls for that!

Agree with Suthep, involving politicans from the Taksin Network would cause problems for a real progress. Politicans are one of the most hated jobs, you find them in the top 5 everywhere, together with insurance sellers or used car sellers and stock brokers, maybe real estate sellers. Why people hate them? Because they all liars, sorry if you have a job you must lie if you want to make money, but thats the reality. Nobody would make a goat to your gardener, so it is important that the overhaul of the constitiution will be done by honest people in two stages, a peoples council and the interims-Government. How this can be organized looks difficult, because they must be accepted by the Thais, but its possible. It can be a historic step forward for democracy...smile.png

Do you not know that Suthep is a 34 year veteran office holder for the Democrat party, in my interpretation I would classify him as a politician ( one of those people you stated were all "LIARS"), along with at least eight of his fellow protest leaders.

Who is going to define what is an "Honest People" and who is going to appoint them, you also seem to forget the military junta already "overhauled" the constitution after the 2006 coup! That is what cause the total mess the country is in now.

On a parting note! Suthep needs to stand trial for the accusations of murder against him along with the charges of "Insurrection" on the same fast tracking of charges as those against Yingluck!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

I suppose Suthep is right in one sense, if he ends up setting up a government it won't be one of "unity", as it will be against the wishes of most of the Thai people!

What the protesters and most people who wants national reform agrees with, is a interim govt free of politicians. Because it is the politicians who got Thailand into these mess.

We can always look at the American Revolution when the founding fathers were unelected but managed to establish one of the greatest governing democracy.

Thais and most foreigners all recognize that the system is so broken and tainted. And everyone argues why whoever is in charge never make changes. This is the reason why politicians can not be involved with the reform. The reform is not about party lines. A government should work for the people and not for themselves or their parties. Remember most people are not corrupt, they only become corrupt when it becomes standard practice. Time for a long over due housekeeping.

"We can always look at the American Revolution when the founding fathers were unelected....." That is not exactly correct. The First Continental Congress was a convention of fifty-six delegates appointed by the legislatures of the twelve colonies (aka "states") in 1774. The colony legislatures are elected positions. That means that the colony is accountable to its electorate for whom it appoints as its Congressional representatives and no doubt opposition parties in their legislatures will have their say about whom will be appointed. If Suthep were in American at that time he would be doing an anti-government protest in the halls of the First Continental Congress to shut it down and replace its delegates with his own handpicked unelected delegates.

So Suthep will not negotiate, but still, after several months of demanding "reforms" he has yet to identify a single thing that will be part of this. What if Suthep wins and sets up his group of 'good people'? What if Suthep decides that the minimum requirement to be able to vote will be a bachelor degree or evidence of paying tax for the previous 12 months? This would exclude millions from the voting system but would give the dems their chance to take power after so many years and there would be nothing 'the people' could do about it.

The point is that if Suthep got his way, there would be no control on what he and his 'good people' would be able to push on to Thailand. There would be no elections until this group decided that 'the time is right', that could be sometime, later or never and there would be nothing anyone could do about it because democracy would have been removed from Thailand.

PTP may or may not be a good government but at least, at the moment, 'the people' have the to opportunity to vote them out in an election, if Suthep gets his way that option may never return to Thailand.

Be careful what you wish for!!!!

That's ok.

Suthep loves Thailand u know.

His type of thailand....

this is now a pointless thread

I see absolutely nothing wrong with suthep meeting the leader of the "Thai" administration in Thailand - so why is that a problem

someone explain to me why Thaksin cannot have a meeting here - is he a coward or maybe there is some other reason

go on explain it - none of the other players in this arena are afraid to face up to the Thai legal system

The truth is there for all to see - Thaksin if you believe you have been wronged then be a man and come face the courts - he doesn't have the balls - puppet master with his stolen money using everyone including his family - evil man who lost face and is still losing it - his money buys support but that money was stolen from the good Thai people - how sick is that

I see absolutely nothing wrong with suthep meeting the leader of the "Thai" administration in Thailand - so why is that a problem

someone explain to me why Thaksin cannot have a meeting here - is he a coward or maybe there is some other reason

go on explain it - none of the other players in this arena are afraid to face up to the Thai legal system

The truth is there for all to see - Thaksin if you believe you have been wronged then be a man and come face the courts - he doesn't have the balls - puppet master with his stolen money using everyone including his family - evil man who lost face and is still losing it - his money buys support but that money was stolen from the good Thai people - how sick is that

It can also be said not accepting the will of the people for a full term or not allowing them to vote freely unobstructed this time is the work of a coward who fears the reply.

Agreed a pointless topic and pointless broken record blah blah from Suthep as usual.

• Like 1

It can also be said not accepting the will of the people for a full term or not allowing them to vote freely unobstructed this time is the work of a coward who fears the reply.

Agreed a pointless topic and pointless broken record blah blah from Suthep as usual.

maybe Smedly IS Suthep lol

anyway, you are correct of course, Suthep fears the ballot box as does his puppet Abhisit

why doesn't Smedly ask them why they did NOTHING about reform during their years in office??? they did NOTHING then when they realized they would LOSE again they kick and scream

sorry i post too soon,

BglR4QVCAAAmjmH.jpg

Funny.

Didn't he want to reform the democrats and get completely shot down. Seems as though abhisit might be rather on the outer for a while....

You're thinking of Alongkon, not Surin.

It's time to label the PDRC a criminal organisation intent misleading and damaging the Thai people with it's manufactured fantasy's.

I don't think that the"big elephant in the room" would allow that and anyway what good would that do,gear Chalerm into action maybecheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"We can always look at the American Revolution when the founding fathers were unelected....." That is not exactly correct. The First Continental Congress was a convention of fifty-six delegates appointed by the legislatures of the twelve colonies (aka "states") in 1774. The colony legislatures are elected positions. That means that the colony is accountable to its electorate for whom it appoints as its Congressional representatives and no doubt opposition parties in their legislatures will have their say about whom will be appointed. If Suthep were in American at that time he would be doing an anti-government protest in the halls of the First Continental Congress to shut it down and replace its delegates with his own handpicked unelected delegates.

That reply was far too intelligent,far too serious, where is the fun in life if one can't cajole,incite to violence, insult, break a few hearts, and generally have a good laugh at someone else's bad fortune.One would have to have a heart of stone not to be amused at the anguish of the misused peasants from both sides of the political spectrum. Most people are willing to be corrupted (for the right price) its good governance and the fear of detection which holds them back, no fear of that in Thailand, ergo.............they have what they have.

An even bigger point your're missing is that Suthep is as corrupt if not more so than the any of those currently in power. Handing power to him power would be a bigger mistake than Thaksin ever was.

he doesn't want power and has clearly stated same many times - making stuff up does your credibility no good at all

Pffft! So what am I making up?! That Suthep is corrupt?! Check out his profile on Wikipeadia for a start, then dig a little further e.g. his palm oil scam, the recent nationwide police station construction failure / possible scam and a recent 52 rai of land purchase while his assets were frozen and the Land Registry Office was closed, held siege by the PDRC. He doesn't want power because he said so? I bet you believe that Thaksin is the sole cause of ALL the corruption in Thailand, that Suthep and Blue Sky TV would have you believe as well!? So being leader of the People's Democratic Reform Committee who would hand pick a stand in government, his committee of so called 'good people', wouldn't be power? These people could easily (most probably would) be taking on the role of puppets answering to the PDRC and who'd be the wiser? If any anything of ill repute were to happen Suthep and his mob's hands would be clean and the members of 'People's Council' would be held accountable. Of course if Suthep were to be accused he could always hold yet another march on the streets of Bangkok to show his popularity and support from 'the people' to avoid charges and facing court, as he did a few years back.

As for my 'credibility' - I'm not on this forum for credibility, I'm on here to share my opinions in hope that some members may take the time to read, digest, ponder and understand. Some may even find my posts enlightening.

Edited by bigbadbarnsy
  • Like 1