Red Shirt supporters destroy anti-govt movement stage

Jose

I don't know why everyone is worried been through 6 or 7 coups since 1977 never had a problem, expats been here less than 10 years just don't get it. They all believe they are in the middle of a BBC news story. Thaksin will be back,and to almost every expat it won't make a hill of beans.

I see you are new to the forum. Most of us realize that how ever we do like to post are opinions. There are some here that believe the Thai's do not even want us and they may believe it makes a difference. For myself the only difference I see it could make would be in the immigration as I believe they really want us so would ease them up a bit not that they are that hard now.

Or if extremely brain dead about the economy make a difference in the exchange rate. Having been through 6 or 7 coups what do you think on that subject?

Hard to be in the middle of a BBC news story. From what I have seen of them concerning Thailand they are clueless. Other than they know Yingluck is better looking than Margret was.

Hard to be in the middle of a BBC news story. From what I have seen of them concerning Thailand they are clueless. Other than they know Yingluck is better looking than Margret was.

indeed.....clueless....for most non-Thais(including myself) its all guess work to what is actually going on and Who is forcing the protest momentum behind the scenes.

Yes, coups have come and gone without consequence of any kind to foreigners..... however, if what my wife says to be accurate about current events and the dynamics of certain High-Level under-currents unfolding, there may be to come a whole different kind of S**t-storm to hit the landscape in the not-so-distant-future.

As one of my (few) Thai-male friends told me,already several years ago.."don't get too comfortable in Thailand" wink,wink/nudge,nudge..

However, I have always practiced doing the exact opposite to what a Thai tries to convince me of...except for the wife thumbsup.gif .... so...whichever way it goes I have already made friends with 'uncertainty' long ago . coffee1.gif

I don't know why everyone is worried been through 6 or 7 coups since 1977 never had a problem, expats been here less than 10 years just don't get it. They all believe they are in the middle of a BBC news story. Thaksin will be back,and to almost every expat it won't make a hill of beans.

I see you are new to the forum. Most of us realize that how ever we do like to post are opinions. There are some here that believe the Thai's do not even want us and they may believe it makes a difference. For myself the only difference I see it could make would be in the immigration as I believe they really want us so would ease them up a bit not that they are that hard now.

Or if extremely brain dead about the economy make a difference in the exchange rate. Having been through 6 or 7 coups what do you think on that subject?

I am better looking than Maggy

• Like 1

What consequences? In Chiang Mai? You wouldn't have known this had happened if someone hadn't posted it here.

biggrin.png

Been well covered on TV. Buffalo Mentality at large in CNX.

To show visible support for anything that is anti red here would be to put your life at risk,that's why what opposition there is almost an underground resistance unless they travel to Bangkok which many do.

We might remember when Abhisit , a few years back, planned to visit CM and was warned by the red shirt radio lady not to come anywhere near CM and he didn't.

Funny country when a PM can't visit where he chooses.

Meanwhile down south, Yala,Pattani etc men,women and children are killed, wounded or mutilated more or less on a daily basis and no one north of there seems to give a damn.

Its like here in CM we live in a different country.

To show visible support for anything that is anti red here would be to put your life at risk,that's why what opposition there is almost an underground resistance unless they travel to Bangkok which many do.

We might remember when Abhisit , a few years back, planned to visit CM and was warned by the red shirt radio lady not to come anywhere near CM and he didn't.

Funny country when a PM can't visit where he chooses.

Meanwhile down south, Yala,Pattani etc men,women and children are killed, wounded or mutilated more or less on a daily basis and no one north of there seems to give a dam_n.

Its like here in CM we live in a different country.

I get a constant flow of breaking news from the Bangkok Post. It is criminal what the government is ignoring in the southern provinces. Yet here on Thai Visa with the Nation as the main source of news we get stone walled. Nothing Nada.

The southern provinces they think they are making progress by sending soldiers down there and holding peace talks with a couple of burned out terrorist units that are no longer active through there own choice.

They are doing nothing to solve the situation. It will only be solved when the government who ever they are starts to work with the common people and winning there trust. Hard to do in a shopping mall in Japan.

I heard but did not see the results of the by-election the Shinawatra sister won the seat by a smaller majority than the red shirts had gotten in the previous election. It will be interesting to see how bib a majority they will have this time.

What with the rice farmers turning on them it would be interesting to see the Feb.2 election nullified and hold a general election with the Democrats in it. A month ago I would not doubt that the PTP would win it. Now I have a lot of doubt.

Might sound crazy but all the Thai Visa posters could do a better job than the present buffoons. I am including the PTP and red shirt boosters in that figure.

• Like 1