Searched By US Customs, Including Laptop & Camera

tm8405

I doubt it. Post a gMap link, including directions from where you get off the macadam

By water in a boat one may cross back and forth from America to Canada 20 times an hour if the wind is blowing from your intended direction of travel.

The border begins at the northwesternmost point of Minnesota's Northwest Angle 49°23′N, 95°09′W, and proceeds in an easterly direction through the Angle Inlet into the Lake of the Woods. At 41°19′N, 94°48′W in the Lake of the Woods, the border turns to a southerly direction, and continues into the Rainy River. The border then follows the Rainy River to Rainy Lake, then subsequently through a numerous amount of small

<snip>

I didn't want an encyclopedic discourse on the entire border.

I said I don't believe you yourself personally have knowledge of specific location(s) in Canada where a foreigner could drive off the highway, put a boat in the water and head over to the US side without being detected by the authorities and their countermeasure systems nor reported by the locals.

I'm asking for a specific pinned location, for example:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.562184,-81.559968&hl=en&ll=42.540939,-81.513062&spn=2.33521,3.57605&num=1&t=m&z=8

Next time I want to bring in one of my teeraks without bothering with the paperwork - or maybe a nuclear suitcase bomb - I'll give it a try.

(to the TLA watchers notified by the above keywords- just kidding I swear!! )

Anywhere on the Minnesotan Canadian border via the BWCA and Quetico park area. You really should research things before you spout BS. Most of the entire border along Canada is absolute no man's land. I have crossed the border many times undetected, although I wasn't doing anything wrong (other than crossing undetected) it is quite easy.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing at all wrong. If their actions catch at least one pedophile, all the privacy violations will be worth it. Imagine if it was your daughter being fiddled by some of the trash you see here in Thailand.

Using your logic then it is correct for the NSA to record all phone conversations and to review any email you may send. This is merely another step on the road to complete elimination of our constitutionally guaranteed rights to privacy. If government agents have reasonable suspicion they can get a warrant issued by a court and look at what they think is illegal. To allow these ignorant McDonald's grill master types to paw through an individuals personal effects is completely wrong. Freedom is on the wane in America and is being replaced by the fascists and money people who are the ones who run the government. Government by the people is a joke- its all about power and money.

Yes whereustay is definitely naive.

• Like 1

I just noticed dropbox is changing its regulations and is less private and seems to be more government friendly.

9-11 will one day be known as the end of the world as we knew it. I think what will happen is these invasions, and make no mistake about it, these are invasions of one's rights.... I think they will get much worse, and one day we will finally realize how bad it has become, and we'll hopefully rectify the situation. It does seem that 9-11 has been the government's best friend though. This whole notion of "protecting" us by taking away our rights is just heinous.

Edited by isawasnake
  • Like 2

Checked once and apparently the Cambodia excursion to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap flagged me. Took a look at my netbook and he got bored after the 1000th temple ruin pic. It didn't bother me much apart from wasting his and my time however I guess they must catch people doing this or it wouldn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by britmaveric

Somtamnication, on 17 Feb 2014 - 07:50, said:snapback.png

Ah, yes, the old search without a warrant thingy going on over there. The constitution in shambles. I made the right decision canceling my US citizenship 13 years ago.

I'm not sure why this gets posted up by Somtam ... perhaps to fool the simple minded but maybe he believes it ..... AGAIN ---This is immigration and has NOTHING whatever to do with the bloody constitution

It has nothing to do with a search warrant

You read drivel like this and all the jokes they make about us expats might be true - Maybe we are just a pack a simple minded nobs

On a postive note, Somtam gave up US citizenship 13 years ago - good thing because obviously he never had a clue what his rights were and were not. And the US population is statistically smarter than it as 13 years ago.

LOL. You chose to live in a dome, go right ahead. You believe that it is ok to give up your 1st. 2nd. and 5th. amendments, go right ahead. Your choice, ostrich.

And since you bring up statistics (blink.png ), Merkins are the least traveled from a developed country. Statistically speaking, the ones who never look out the window and explore the world are happier because THEY KNOW NOTHING OF THE OUTSIDE WORLD. giggle.gif

I wonder what would happen if they discovered some prescription drugs you were given by a doctor or hospital and you didn't have the prescription with you.

They'll then prescribe you with an aft door cavity search free of charge.

What about a case where a TSA agent just happens to find consenting sex pics of his mother on the camera. Awkward.

I honestly can't even believe these searches are taking place. I suppose if you don't push back and fight for what is right, things will just keep getting worse. Our blase attitude about this stuff is what helps perpetuate the violations.

Nothing has changed wrt to border searches, it's been like this forever.

The electronic stuff is certainly a new wrinkle, but they haven't brought in any new laws or policies, it's always been they have the right to look at everything you're bringing in with you.

The NSA and other electronic privacy issues are IMO much more far-reaching and problematic, and those we (Americans) do have a chance to change, but not if we just sit back and let things continue as they have been.

Given reality as it is, it probably will continue to get worse and worse, not enough people care about their right to privacy, and the government and media keep everyone all riled up about the terrorist "threat" and druglords and pedos. . .

US customs, what a joke. There's a law against profiling minorities, so just to fulfill there job, they only randomly select US citizens, mostly white since white is a non-color. Every time I travel, the "Homeland Security" a BS organization created by Clinton breaks the locks & trashes my bags, but than again I travel out of LAX. It's only got worse under Obama, but outside of the US puppet presidents, name is irrelevant. Have to go back in a couple months, so thanks OP for the heads up. As far as pedophilles which are being granted amnesty coming from the southern boarder, mark it up to just politics as usual in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Nothing has changed wrt to border searches, it's been like this forever.

The electronic stuff is certainly a new wrinkle, but they haven't brought in any new laws or policies, it's always been they have the right to look at everything you're bringing in with you.

The NSA and other electronic privacy issues are IMO much more far-reaching and problematic, and those we (Americans) do have a chance to change, but not if we just sit back and let things continue as they have been.

Given reality as it is, it probably will continue to get worse and worse, not enough people care about their right to privacy, and the government and media keep everyone all riled up about the terrorist "threat" and druglords and pedos. . .

Spoken as a true patriot.

US customs, what a joke. There's a law against profiling minorities, so just to fulfill there job, they only randomly select US citizens, mostly white since white is a non-color. Every time I travel, the "Homeland Security" a BS organization created by Clinton breaks the locks & trashes my bags, but than again I travel out of LAX. It's only got worse under Obama, but outside of the US puppet presidents, name is irrelevant. Have to go back in a couple months, so thanks OP for the heads up. As far as pedophilles which are being granted amnesty coming from the southern boarder, mark it up to just politics as usual in the US.

I've traveled here out of LAX many times. The only times I've had my locks cut was when they were not TSA approved. And the bag was never trashed. I've probably had 4 locks cut. Just replaced them over the years with TSA approved locks and have not had one cut since then.

If you are worried about your bag's security, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-DGKUNffI

dont be so touchy. if you have nothing to hide and as long as the staff are polite and you are not delayed too long what's the problem? they are just doing their job.

if they do manage to catch paedophiles isn't the safety and protection of vulnerable children worth a a small inconvenience on your behalf?

Catching pedophiles is not done by searching in airports.

It is done by sipping through emails (automatically of course), and by looking for forums, blogs or torrent sites where these people operate. And of course by people actually reporting suspicious activity.

Harassing 100,000 people (probably more) per year, and wasting 100,000 hours (probably more) in the process is not reasonable nor effective. Would be much more effective if they hired 10 people with IT and hacking skills, that would cost less and would produce much more.

dont be so touchy. if you have nothing to hide and as long as the staff are polite and you are not delayed too long what's the problem? they are just doing their job.

if they do manage to catch paedophiles isn't the safety and protection of vulnerable children worth a a small inconvenience on your behalf?

Catching pedophiles is not done by searching in airports.

It is done by sipping through emails (automatically of course), and by looking for forums, blogs or torrent sites where these people operate. And of course by people actually reporting suspicious activity.

Harassing 100,000 people (probably more) per year, and wasting 100,000 hours (probably more) in the process is not reasonable nor effective. Would be much more effective if they hired 10 people with IT and hacking skills, that would cost less and would produce much more.

However searching through a computer at airport customs for content on emails, blogs, etc. is when they have such incriminating content and the person physically in the same place.

I've traveled here out of LAX many times. The only times I've had my locks cut was when they were not TSA approved. And the bag was never trashed. I've probably had 4 locks cut. Just replaced them over the years with TSA approved locks and have not had one cut since then.

Your luck and my error, not Homeland but TSA. I do have TSA approved locks. Love those cards they put in your bag after trashing your stuff. All complaints of course will be on deaf ears. However between the TSA Elitists, the garbage peasant Baggage Handlers & Customs long wait & followed interrogation, LAX (my point) is the worst, aside from being the most bias airport in America. Bit of a sway from the original OP, just a bit touchy for me & another reason why I live here.

Your luck and my error, not Homeland but TSA. I do have TSA approved locks. Love those cards they put in your bag after trashing your stuff. All complaints of course will be on deaf ears. However between the TSA Elitists, the garbage peasant Baggage Handlers & Customs long wait & followed interrogation, LAX (my point) is the worst, aside from being the most bias airport in America. Bit of a sway from the original OP, just a bit touchy for me & another reason why I live here.

Your YouTube video was very TSA Approved...Reallly, do think these a-holes actually take patience in their jobs. Once my big backpack, the small ropes were slashed with a knife. The idiots cut the design part (interweaving lines) rather than the entry knot, guessing he couldn't figure out my knot, so slashed the bag out of rage.

Travel in and out frequently,

Always have my bags opened,

Always have the leaflet inside,

Never notice anything moved,

Sometimes they don't rezip my laptop bags,

I usually have two inside one suitcase,

They always open them,

TIP:

Always have the battery drained so they cant rurn it on,

Always have the chargers, in a separate bag.

Never carry contraband,

Never have pills out of the prescription box,

Never have any trouble.

Always expect sniffer dogs to be near you as you wait in line,

Keep your nose clean,

sail thru customs

Travel in and out frequently,

Always have my bags opened,

Always have the leaflet inside,

Never notice anything moved,

Sometimes they don't rezip my laptop bags,

I usually have two inside one suitcase,

They always open them,

TIP:

Always have the battery drained so they cant rurn it on,

Always have the chargers, in a separate bag.

Never carry contraband,

Never have pills out of the prescription box,

Never have any trouble.

Always expect sniffer dogs to be near you as you wait in line,

Keep your nose clean,

sail thru customs

Yeah, those little beagles are kinda cute after a long flight.

The US spends billions to scare hell out of it's own citizens so they are obedient sheeple and don't threaten the plutocracy. Thereby raking in billions for the plutocrats that actually run the country.

Simply not true. They don't have to spend nearly that much to scare us to rake in the billions.

The networks and newspapers do the heavy lifting.

Somebodys been reading their Chomsky.

He did discover electricity, or so the Merkins want us to believe. whistling.gif

He invented the lightening rod. Americans know the ancient Greeks discovered electricity. When the other educational institutions catch up with America they will probably also know that Franklin did not discover electricity.