Searched By US Customs, Including Laptop & Camera

tm8405

Amen, you are preaching to the choir. Keep GitMo open for those that really belong there, and that includes Holder, not necessarily for the gun fiasco. I guess the schools we thought as kids were so terrible were pretty good after all. We actually learned about the Constitution and what we thought America was supposed to be. Ah, hate to say but that was a long time ago. They stopped teaching many years ago, my mother who was a school teacher for 40 years would be disgusted with what has happened to the school system today. That is a big reason we don't have people resisting, just sheeple on their knees allowing the gestapo to grope them. Kabuki theater at the airports expanding to your neighborhood soon.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America was doomed forever a few years ago in the financial sense. Education & medical care, 20 years ago. Moralities & values wise, 30 years ago.

But I do miss a good taco. The best in Los Angeles are the ones owned by the illegal (undocumented) Mexicans who have a special dispensation from the government to own a business & don't have to pay taxes, with exception to State sales tax. No pun here, they're the best for authentic Mexican food. The second thing on the menu when I go back.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Ok, way off subject but I make a great taco here. I have the real Nuevo de Mexico del Norte (that is north New Mexico for those that can't figure it out) chili sent and taco shells and corn tortillas are available here. Ah, have to disagree with one thing, undocumented Mexicanos do not ever get a special dispensation from the government, they get deported when caught, obushma has done more of that any before, same as he has persecuted more whistle blowers that all combined.

Dispensation meaning was more of an indirect. That in a sanctuary city such as LA, you don't have to be legal to get a business permit. Nor do you have to pay income tax when using a fake identity. And other than the crack downs in the media, the city doesn't check & they're not allowed to profile. As far as experience goes, all the crackdowns by Obama or Bush have been just media or words on paper. The 40-50 million illegal Mexicans, growing every year including violent criminals (the most violent gangs are in LA, AR & TX) & pedophiles are still there & by way of the US gov, not going anywhere but are an open option for amnesty.

Regarding Tacos, you live in Thailand or the States? I make my own tacos here but without fresh cilantro, proper soft corn tortillas, quality cheese & tapitio sauce, I'm coming out a bit short from makings in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yep, live in Thailand. I left the Corporate Police State of Amerika for the last time in 2010 haven't been back and hopefully never will. Cilantro is grown here (wife is asleep and I'm not stupid enough to wake her to ask the Thai name), corn tortillas are available you just have to soften-quick dip in the frying pan, cheese is available although perhaps not as good as we would like, not sure about the tapitio sauce, I may know it by a different name. Airports and the gestapo still suck.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather have inspections targeting drug runners and pedophiles than a country like Thailand that lets all of those <deleted> in without question.

So how do you identify a "pedophile"?????? They'd have to be incredibly stupid to have anything in their possession that potentially identified them, and other than that??????

Perhaps you support lie detector tests for every single male visiting Thailand?

I truly believe it is the attitude of the traveler that makes all the difference.

anytime I am stopped, I have no trouble, because I am friendly and co operative,

they tend to meet too many wise guys, and for what they are being paid, they just want to do their job and go home, and not be hassled by someone presumably in a better financial position than they, who is freely traveling the world, then they have to work in one room all day, with no windows

Exactly. They've got certain profiles to look for -- and for many Immigration officers, experience has validated these profiles. It's become obvious that many of the posters here -- those who've experienced problems -- fit one or more of these profiles.

If you at any point object or make a smart remark or complain, you will definitely be detained

Gosh, I sure hope so.

Any statistics to support profiling? Exactly how many people were detained for "searches" and of them how many were in fact criminals?

If you're a gentleman, behave like one by being friendly and cooperative and you'll always sail through Customs.

Take it from some of our experienced gentlemen traveler BM.

If you're a low-class rube hoi polloi wise guy with a bad attitude like me then you're in for agro.

Thanks to those BM who have made me understand why as a single guy arriving from Asia I've so often been profiled.

It's only because I'm a wise guy !! I'm not being polite and friendly enough with those nice ICE guys !!

I was always dressed as well as I dress. Starched 'dress' shirt, new, starched Wranglers, polished cowboy boots, a bit unshaven after 30 hours of traveling but a fresh hair cut. I shuffled my feets and said yes suh, no suh, kept my head down, until they pissed me off that is. Hey, I'm a former certified/commissioned police officer, I know the role to take. Kabuki theater of intimidation and fear at US airports. They can do what they want with you, know it and they don't furnish any KY while screwing you over. While I never had the 'back room' treatment, I was nearly always searched and questioned. Screw 'em, haven't been back in almost 5 years and hope like hell I never have to return. I don't know what country it is now, but it certainly isn't the country I grew up believing in. The former United States of America now known as the Corporate Police State of Amerika.

I would rather have inspections targeting drug runners and pedophiles than a country like Thailand that lets all of those <deleted> in without question.

So how do you identify a "pedophile"?????? They'd have to be incredibly stupid to have anything in their possession that potentially identified them, and other than that??????

Perhaps you support lie detector tests for every single male visiting Thailand?

Simple, you ask if the traveler has ever been a priest, employee of BBC or a Rock star.

• Like 1