Thailand's future prime minister plays it coy

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This takes delusional to a whole new level. Stunning arrogance. She is better suited to her previous role: handing out free calendars featuring nude women promoting Singha beer. An RP accent does not substitute for a brain

Could not be worse than the present caretaker PM... and her Kentucky Fried .. accent..

<deleted> is that?

Future PM? What about your fashion style?

I liked the bit where she claims a lot if experience in politics. Dies that extend to not wanting poor or stupid people to vote as she was quoted before?

My God, Thailand is a mess. This is the future. Anointed daughters of breweries educated overseas whilst living in glorious isolation in bangkok?

Torturingly depressing

Don't mock an overseas education. It takes global citizens to run countries nowadays. The ability to speak English helps too :)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry, but sexual harassments and hate of rich people may be popular, but it would more fair to look what she have to say about politics. This is an article from rainbow press, and the reporter ask her...I only know, that young people more idealistic, and we have a lack of idealists everywhere in politics. smile.png

<deleted> is that?

I liked the bit where she claims a lot if experience in politics. Dies that extend to not wanting poor or stupid people to vote as she was quoted before?

My God, Thailand is a mess. This is the future. Anointed daughters of breweries educated overseas whilst living in glorious isolation in bangkok?

Torturingly depressing

+1.

Spew.

But so very Thai.

Indeed. It is so patronising. It is the feeling you get when you have just waiied the biggest sleaze ball in the office.

<deleted> is that?

Torturingly depressing

She has a lot more experience in politics than Yingluck did when she was plonked in the hot seat by Thaksin. Mind you, zero is not very hard to beat I suppose!!

What's more, she can actually debate and speak.....and she is better looking!!! Darling Yingluck will absolutely hate this dethroning.

I wouldn't mind betting that she will be more worried about her new rival than the farmers - I'm not saying she doesn't care about them (err, yes I am actually)........but this new young kid on-the-block will leave her shaking (with rage) in her boots!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

<deleted> is that?

Torturingly depressing

Don't mock an overseas education. It takes global citizens to run countries nowadays. The ability to speak English helps too :)

Unfortunately hers passed her by.

Or maybe she studied in north Korea.

Isn't this the same one who stated she didn't believe in "one person, one vote"?

Interesting view if she wants to be PM someday - hope she grows out of it.

I can understand her perspective. For democracy to work there has to be a reasonably educated and informed population.

The kind of people who won't sell their vote, or vote for someone who is clearly not interested in the needs of the people, with policies which will totally destroy the economy.

This is clearly not the case in Thailand and if you give every adult a vote, you may as well let children vote too because they are probably just as educated and possibly as informed.

Education is needed on democracy before it can be implemented effectively.

Her comment about Issan is harsh but true, and sometimes the truth hurts. Maybe there is hope after all.

An arrogant little rich bitch is an ideal poster child for the PDRC!

Just to back up your supreme ignorance, do you think you could point out how she has shown arrogance, and what she has done for you to justify calling her a bitch?

Or perhaps you simply resent those who are more affluent than you.

On a positive note you may be correct about her stature but how does that affect anything?

Her demeaning comments about rural Thais aren't enough for you, including the one below?

"... many Thais lack a true understanding of democracy... especially in the rural areas"

And you're saying that this is inaccurate? How about the 'red villages'? Do they have a good understanding of democracy?

Try to go there, disagree with their ideas and see what happens. I double dare you.

Isn't this the same one who stated she didn't believe in "one person, one vote"?

I can understand her perspective. For democracy to work there has to be a reasonably educated and informed population.

The kind of people who won't sell their vote, or vote for someone who is clearly not interested in the needs of the people, with policies which will totally destroy the economy.

This is clearly not the case in Thailand and if you give every adult a vote, you may as well let children vote too because they are probably just as educated and possibly as informed.

Her comment about Issan is harsh but true, and sometimes the truth hurts. Maybe there is hope after all.

Is that why she was an intern with the democrats? Because they never offer cash.

The way forward is for the country to start punishing ALL corrupt behaviour. Until then, the rest is semantics. This corruption only starts to reduce once people are scared to engage in it.

Listening to the nonsense she spouts, it makes u wonder whether she engaged her little brain at all in school. I know people who went to school with her, and believe it or not she wasn't the only one ever to graduate from the university.

Are 99% of those people qualified to run a country? let alone be a politician? Nope. Just because she had the money to attend is no guarantee of intelligence or ability. Believe me, I was in school with some very hiso thai kids.

My lord, what a bunch they were.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2

An arrogant little rich bitch is an ideal poster child for the PDRC!

Just to back up your supreme ignorance, do you think you could point out how she has shown arrogance, and what she has done for you to justify calling her a bitch?

Or perhaps you simply resent those who are more affluent than you.

On a positive note you may be correct about her stature but how does that affect anything?

Her demeaning comments about rural Thais aren't enough for you, including the one below?

"... many Thais lack a true understanding of democracy... especially in the rural areas"

And you're saying that this is inaccurate? How about the 'red villages'? Do they have a good understanding of democracy?

Try to go there, disagree with their ideas and see what happens. I double dare you.

Uh, I called her comments demeaning because I think they're demeaning. An elitist's vote is worth no more than a villager's. More importantly, an elitist is not worth more as a human being.

• Like 1

She ruines her political career the moment she said that the poor too stupid and shouldt be allowes to vote. It will be used against her in any election she ever participates in her life. Maybe she has a chance at being voted Singha beer employee of the month but not much more.

• Like 1

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

"Alas, poor Poo... it is not you. For there is one more fair...... and she's over there. She's big in beer... and men love that here. Her name is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.... beat that if you can."

SOOPSIP

The future prime minister plays it coy

The Nation

30226912-01_big.gif?1392592896363

Chitpas in her favourite photo.

BANGKOK: -- While you were wasting precious time cuddling your sweetheart on the Valentine's Day weekend, Chitpas "Tant" Kridakorn - one of the anti-government protest leaders - was demonstrating the true meaning of love, as in love of the country.

Tant told Nation TV last week she has no one special in her life and will "probably use this same surname for a long while yet". She'd switched to Kridakorn from her family name Bhirombakdi in the hope of averting any possible blowback against the clan's brewery business and said she's getting used to the new moniker. "But I still need more practise signing my name!"

While the People's Democratic Reform Committee remained steadfastly in place on Valentine's Day on Friday, albeit playing up the love angle with a "Rak Prathet Thai" campaign, Tant made the rounds of the rally sites. Asked about her fashion sense, which has earned a lot of praise, she said she has no particular style actually, but since joining the protests has had to stick to clothes that are comfortable and allow freedom of movement.

"You've been photographed a lot during the rally - which photo do you like most?" Nation TV's Noppatjak Attanon asked. Tant said her favourite remains the one showing her riding a truck while the protest moved to the Defence Ministry.

Would she like to be prime minister? Tant said that remains her dream, but she must work hard and gain more experience first. "People look at me and might decide I'm a new face in politics, but I've actually been involved in politics since I was young. I got a lot of training during my university days."

Bank skips the nuptials

Wedding planners cringed the other day when Preeti "Bank" baramee-anant, former lead singer of the rock band Clash, said he didn't feel marriage is really important. And this comes from a guy who's been engaged to Krittiya "NiNew" Chiyarat for a decade. There'll be no wedding anytime in the near future, he said, not even in another four or five years.

And as for his eventual wedding being a major event on the social calendar, "I think having a grand wedding party is just a waste of money. It would be better to keep that money for my kids!" (Bank is indeed looking forward to having a brace of kids.)

NiNew's mother "isn't serious" about the kids getting hitched, he says. "She's rather Western in style and even says we should have a grandchild for her first. I told her to take it easy! As for my dad, he'd not rushing anything either. We've all become like a big family already anyway."

To Cupid's invitation to define "love", Bank said it's certainly not "marriage". To him it's about trust, patience, sacrifice and respect. "But your great love is now supposedly proved by a big wedding!"

Surely he's giving NiNew a token of his esteem for Valentine's Day? "No present, because I've given her all of my life. Everything is the same as we pass the decade mark as it was when we began, and nothing could be sweeter than this. We're more like relatives now."

How, uh, romantic.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-17

I bloody well hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Is this a new angle or did I just miss all the celebrity news before the past few weeks?

I don't really understand how this is Thai Visa news.

I came here for expat stuff.

You are obviously in the wrong forum. This is the Thailand news forum, thus we discuss Thai news, politics, day to day happenings both amusing and serious. This was one of the amusing topics.

Perhaps General Forum is more suitable for your expat tastes?

She is beautiful, smart, and most importantly speak good English.

I would vote for her if I could.

No Thaksin = No Corruption.

"most importantly speak good English" ... ?

Is eloquence in English such a crucial criterion for a PM?

How about Leadership, Integrity and Empathy?

• Like 2

No.

Ms Chitpas said 2 things of relevance:

1) "many Thais lack a “true understanding” of democracy, especially in the rural areas"

2) "We’re not taking away democracy. We just need some time to reform the country before we can move on to democracy"

No.

Ms Chitpas said 2 things of relevance:

1) "many Thais lack a “true understanding” of democracy, especially in the rural areas"

2) "We’re not taking away democracy. We just need some time to reform the country before we can move on to democracy"

I don't think either one of these will haunt her in the distant future. All she would have to say is something like she feels the thai people's understanding of democracy has improved since she made those comments and are now ready for true democracy.

This sort of reasoning was once (shamefully) used in the UK to suppress supposed "inferior women" (who could not think for themselves), when women were not allowed to vote fully until 1928 (resisted by the "superior" Men).

From 1918-1928, women could vote if they were 30 years old and if they met "property qualifications" or if they were graduates of UK universities.

In 1928, when all adult women were allowed to vote (without nonsensical age restrictions nor "property qualifications" nor educational hurdles), was the UK thrown into chaos?

Similarly, in South Africa, Blacks were not able to vote until 1994 (resisted by the "superior" Whites). After that, it can be argued that S.A. suffered in some areas, but universal equality for all of its citizens was achieved.

And the poor blacks (the majority) finally got the attention that they deserved from their representatives.

Not letting women (resisted by the "superior" Men) or Blacks (resisted by the "superior" Whites) or poor Thai farmers (resisted by the "superior" HiSo Elites) participate in Democracy is patently morally wrong, wrong, wrong.

Edited by tx22cb
  • Like 1