Thailand's future prime minister plays it coy

webfact

Agreed it's spot on.I've also now had a look at the other posts highlighted by tx22cb.The standard of parody remains superb throughout essentially coming out with sentiments that are very common in Bangkok but managing to present them in a splendid package of stupidity and unpleasantness, ie without even a pretence of moral rectitude - all expressed in a horrible mangled version of English so common among the "educate" people.It must be a parody.

Good analysis, though I'm going to reserve my judgement for a tad longer.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the days when I used to talk to the Hi-So yellow shirt types (i.e. before May 2010), they privately told me the exact same thing that ponchi is saying here (and incidentally the Abhisit supporters on this forum called bullshit on it).

I wish I could say that the remarks are a parody, but if you actually go and talk to the types of people that go to Shutdown Bangkok, then you will hear plenty of the same, repeated ad nauseum.

you dont understand the thai people i think you better not talk !!

we dont care about the people in the isaan because this people dont care about bangkok too.

they have not the money. they are poor and sell the vote to thaksin every year.

this is not fair you dont understand?

because we have this problem because the people in isaan dont know how vote and then thaksin can win again and again.

we have to make the reform and then we can have the prime minister who care about thailand and bangkok and not only about isaan.

this people are not educate enough to vote!!

Brilliant parody
You had me fooled for a moment.

Funny enough, there's no shortage of the more naive who take the imposter at face value and actually believe the fake schtick is genuine.

I have to come to the defence of "ponchi" here.

What makes you think that "ponchi" is a fake? Instead of a "parody" (without any Smileyswhistling.gif ), I see a consistent pattern not at all indicative of a Westerner pulling our legs.

Maybe you don't know how some Thais think, and want to re-invent them in your eyes.

Her posts in other threads include

1) because you make business here but dont understand the thai people. we dont think the same like europe or america. we never think like this. we have the different culture like you. we dont want the government like in your country. we want the corruption finished. look how corrupt is my country now with thaksin. i never have this. when i am young we never have the corrupt politics like now! (Thai rice farmers seek sympathy from tourists at Suvarnabhumi Airport)

2) because you take so much money from the thai people already but do not understand the poroblems !! my brother he work together with kamnan thep every day and we do not like how the farang talk about the thai people outside thailand. i think it no respect for our culture. when we have the new prime minister in thailand i think many thing will change for you !! (Thai rice farmers seek sympathy from tourists at Suvarnabhumi Airport)

3) i think you very surprise soon. my family work every day at the protest and you know only half the plan!! (Thai rice farmers seek sympathy from tourists at Suvarnabhumi Airport)

4) it belong to the people not the government and we take back! tomorrow we fight for my country with kamnan thep by the side. he not scare like thaksin who run away to dubai. he fight for the country and the people. (Defiant Thai protesters return to Government House)

5) when i look the BBC or CNN i am very sad about how the falang talk about my country. they do not understand the problem we have here. i think better to shut up and let the thai people fix the thaksin problem! (Foreign media strive to avoid simplistic portrayal of Thai woes)

I think Farangs should be careful and not make false allegations about "ponchi", because "my family work every day at the protest" and "my brother he work together with kamnan thep every day and we do not like how the farang talk", so ponchi has connections in high places.

As a poster, "ponchi" is entitled to her unfiltered opinions without others accusing her of being an impostor and a fake.

• Like 1