Chiang Mai Redshirts Attack PCAD Rally

webfact

I'm not Thai and don't know or understand all the issues or the multifaceted cultural nuances that might help make sense of these issues to my western understanding on how things are supposed to work. I really can't say one side is better than the other but hope they do figure out how to live together in a mutually beneficial way as I do love living in this country and desire it to be a place of peace and prosperity for all Thais.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you cannot see a similar thing happening in reverse if it were in a staunch dem stronghold ? just saying whistling.gif

No injuries and threw the stuff in the canal, not any guns or people hurt then, thats some good news at least.

Can they please come down to Bangkok and do the same thing? Chalerm could pay well for some PEACEFUL removalists... Eeek

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, especially since they got lots of money to sponser it, with what they stole in the rice schemes and all other schemes on the backs of taxpayers.

quote of the day. Short, succinct and to the point!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Despite the fact that my father named me after the colour yellow I have decided to switch sides and join the reds.

There are a number of sound reasons for this.

Deep down, in my youth, in enjoyed attacking people. I was never any good as a boxer but the mob mentality of piling into a common enemy is very appealing.

Many happy evening I spent as a boy scout around the camp fire and despite the pyromaniac nature of the red shirts, I fully appreciate the smell of burning. Especially expensive consumer goods in malls.

Most of all I think I could get very used to the kickbacks of such a well connected organization masterminded by the brilliantly evasive Thaksin.

I, too, shall fly to places to ingratiate myself to his many global causes.

Screw the honest, peaceful yellow loses. I shan't see you in hell

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think that the yellow naive protesters better stay in their safe zones of the south and Bangkok.

If not they will realize that they are hated by the majority of the people...

I can't blame the Chiangmai citizens to try to protect themselves from the thuggery of the yellows.

The north has been spared till now from the devastating effects of these irrational protests. Let's keep it this way, for the sake of the northern economy and the well being of the northern citizens.

sleep.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jeez - you really believe that?

Sad - people gave there lives in 2 world wars so dicks could continue to abuse democracy. Our view, only our view eh?

• Like 1

The PCAD fascists where shown the door by the pro-democracy reds!

They run like cowards when they don’t have their southern thugs with assault rifles to protect them. bah.gif

Yeah, bunch of brave Reds that only know violence. No politician or political party is worth anyone's life. So backward the reds and apparently you.

The cowards are the Reds. You ever known a bully in school. Those are the weakest form of people ever. They mask their insecurity by violence, much like you and the red shirts. Sorry, just exposing the truth. Time for you to grow up son!

• Like 2

They run like cowards when they don’t have their southern thugs with assault rifles to protect them. bah.gif

Yeah, bunch of brave Reds that only know violence. No politician or political party is worth anyone's life. So backward the reds and apparently you.

The cowards are the Reds. You ever known a bully in school. Those are the weakest form of people ever. They mask their insecurity by violence, much like you and the red shirts. Sorry, just exposing the truth. Time for you to grow up son!

You mean like the armed bullies that threatened, intimidated and prevented citizens from exercising their democratic right to vote early this month?

You mean that kind of bullying? whistling.gif

Edited by Boxclever
  • Like 2

I think that the yellow naive protesters better stay in their safe zones of the south and Bangkok.

I can't blame the Chiangmai citizens to try to protect themselves from the thuggery of the yellows.

The north has been spared till now from the devastating effects of these irrational protests. Let's keep it this way, for the sake of the northern economy and the well being of the northern citizens.

sleep.png

But these were local PCAD protesters, don't they have the democratic right, to say/show it ?

Why should they leave their home-town, and go to "safe zones of the south and Bangkok", they're Thai and should be safe anywhere, shouldn't they ?

Where do you get the crazed idea from, that there was any "thuggery of the yellows" involved, watch that video-clip again !

There is a long history of this sort of attack, by '51 Rak Chiang Mai' and others, on anyone who has alternative views, so it's simply wrong to try to claim that "the north has been spared till now", as you try to.

You clearly believe that those non-reds, and there are IME plenty of them who live up here, should stay quiet/subdued/intimidated, just how democratic is that ? blink.png

Ricardo, what do you think would happen if the Reds set up a stage in say Surat Thani and began protesting.

Seriously, what do you think would happen?

Speaking about "school", "cowards" and "son"... It reminds me the case of the 10 years old child that was attacked by yellow (adult) extremists.

That was the gravest act of cowardice ever, ... and committed by crazy yellows who don't have respect for anything anymore.

But, of course, farangs supporting Suthep's insanity will reply that "it never happened" -_-

It's a bit like continuing to pretend that the yellow protesters are "peaceful", while the social media is inundated by pictures proving the violence of the protesters and countless pictures of protesters caught will all sorts of lethal weapons...

Keep these crazy people away and prevent them from regrouping is the best possible defence against escalation.

• Like 1

You mean like the armed bullies that threatened, intimidated and prevented citizens from exercising their democratic right to vote early this month?

You mean that kind of bullying? whistling.gif

so you believe in an eye for an eye

sleep.png

But these were local PCAD protesters, don't they have the democratic right, to say/show it ?

Why should they leave their home-town, and go to "safe zones of the south and Bangkok", they're Thai and should be safe anywhere, shouldn't they ?

Where do you get the crazed idea from, that there was any "thuggery of the yellows" involved, watch that video-clip again !

There is a long history of this sort of attack, by '51 Rak Chiang Mai' and others, on anyone who has alternative views, so it's simply wrong to try to claim that "the north has been spared till now", as you try to.

You clearly believe that those non-reds, and there are IME plenty of them who live up here, should stay quiet/subdued/intimidated, just how democratic is that ? blink.png

Ricardo, what do you think would happen if the Reds set up a stage in say Surat Thani and began protesting.

The army would come out

why do you think Yingluck has told them to stay away

sleep.png

Irrelevant and off-topic, this thread is about what happened to a few locals who attempted to have a small meeting, and the reaction of the local Reds.

It's also about the relative-inactivity of the local police, when a crime was being committed, in front of them.

My post was responding to the suggestion that there was something OK about what happened, that non-Reds should leave town or "better stay in their safe zones of the south and Bangkok", in the interests of "the northern economy and the well being of the northern citizens."

Chiang Mai is like many other parts of Thailand, it has a mixture of views, and these thuggish attempts to stamp out any opposition at all are long-standing and deeply worrying.

• Like 1

So you cannot see a similar thing happening in reverse if it were in a staunch dem stronghold ? just saying whistling.gif

No injuries and threw the stuff in the canal, not any guns or people hurt then, thats some good news at least.

Don't justify what these people are doing in the here and now with 'what ifs'. Just saying.

Its a stupid thing to do yes but hardly surprising protesting in anothers stronghold. You know very well what would happen if the reds did similar in sutheps home town and so do all of us.

Given no one was hurt and the stuff was just ripped down and thrown away id say there isnt anything to whine about ... it was a stupid place to try to anti gov protest in the first place ... and yes id be saying the same about the reds trying it in sutheps hometown would be stupid and inflammatory too, so go whine to someone who dosnt believe in cause and effect im just happy no one got hurt, just a little bit of bruised pride no problem.

So now Chiang Mai residents are supposed to go elsewhere to protest against the government?

What if they said "but I live here, Chiang Mai is where I'm from" ...

So much for your democracy...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Speaking about "school", "cowards" and "son"... It reminds me the case of the 10 years old child that was attacked by yellow (adult) extremists.

That was the gravest act of cowardice ever, ... and committed by crazy yellows who don't have respect for anything anymore.

But, of course, farangs supporting Suthep's insanity will reply that "it never happened" sleep.png

It's a bit like continuing to pretend that the yellow protesters are "peaceful", while the social media is inundated by pictures proving the violence of the protesters and countless pictures of protesters caught will all sorts of lethal weapons...

Keep these crazy people away and prevent them from regrouping is the best possible defence against escalation.

Bottom line, whenever Red Shirts confronts anyone, there is bound to be violence. The violence escalated, once the reds came into town and once Chalerm declare free for all against the protesters. More cowardly acts. You can only name one incident and out of one incident, So does that give anyone the rights to seek retribution? The reds MO. If someone screams at you shoot them. And there were no violence at the protest at the poll, only when the reds came to shoot at them. Yeah..like I said cowards.

And for your information, these are not yellows only. For once I agree with you, keep the Red Shirt radical out. We already know what damages they can do back in 2010. Inciting riot and burning buildings and all around bangkok and Thailand. Yeah...tough guys. Silly action for one man's greed. Silly lost of lives too.

Inflammatory post removed

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

sleep.png

Irrelevant and off-topic, this thread is about what happened to a few locals who attempted to have a small meeting, and the reaction of the local Reds.

It's also about the relative-inactivity of the local police, when a crime was being committed, in front of them.

My post was responding to the suggestion that there was something OK about what happened, that non-Reds should leave town or "better stay in their safe zones of the south and Bangkok", in the interests of "the northern economy and the well being of the northern citizens."

Chiang Mai is like many other parts of Thailand, it has a mixture of views, and these thuggish attempts to stamp out any opposition at all are long-standing and deeply worrying.

No answer because you know what the answer is.

The answer is they would react in the very same way.

"there is non so blind as those that will not see"

Now who wrote that? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Don't justify what these people are doing in the here and now with 'what ifs'. Just saying.

Its a stupid thing to do yes but hardly surprising protesting in anothers stronghold. You know very well what would happen if the reds did similar in sutheps home town and so do all of us.

Given no one was hurt and the stuff was just ripped down and thrown away id say there isnt anything to whine about ... it was a stupid place to try to anti gov protest in the first place ... and yes id be saying the same about the reds trying it in sutheps hometown would be stupid and inflammatory too, so go whine to someone who dosnt believe in cause and effect im just happy no one got hurt, just a little bit of bruised pride no problem.

So now Chiang Mai residents are supposed to go elsewhere to protest against the government?

What if they said "but I live here, Chiang Mai is where I'm from" ...

So much for your democracy...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It may be PT stronghold given that the ruling family is from here but even the hugely influential and scary Yaowapa only managed to hook 7 out of 10 voters last time and that was when the party's support was keener than it is now.

I've lived in Chiang Mai, just 18km east from the city, and near San Kamphaeng, which is the heart of Red Shirt country here, and Dr. T's hometown, but I'm also well aware of the fact that not everyone here is "red".

But here, you either have to be overly optimistic in your beliefs of survival, or just plain stupid to set up a PDRC rally stage. And I agree that those doing it probably were from CNX, which means they live here, and should have known better. I'm not saying I agree with what happened, but what else would you expect in a Red City?

They were set up in chiang mai not san khamphaeng.

For all the moaners who criticize PCAD for wanting to reform by using means of demonstration: look at your friendly, heart warming alternative. The chronically threatening, one sided and violent neanderthals in red that never learned their lesson.

Sigh. Yawn. If you do not live outside Thailand, then you live in BKK. Been up north have you?. Your vitriolic one-sided spewing is just pathetic and embarassing. Grow a brain and come out with something half intelligent, please. And stop using the word "neanderthals", it's demeaning and disrespectful.

• Like 2

Not very wise to try to venture out of your stronghold into free Thailand. Where, what the army allowed to happen in Bangkok will not be allowed to happen in Chaing Mai, Yes you reap what you sow, you use strong arm tactics against common citizens that only want to vote and expect not to receive the same treatment..

They got exactly what they deserved, run out of town, signs and stage dismantled and no one hurt!

You must expect the same treatment and consideration you gave to those that did not agree to your fascist tactics in Bangkok and the South on election day, Right on!

Cheers

The PCAD protesters were from Chiang Mai. Are you suggesting that all Chiang Mai anti-government people should leave their home towns?

What do you think would happen if local pro democracy red shirts set up a stage and began protesting in say Surat Thani?

Seriously...what do you think would happen?

Red shirts have protested down south. Have you heard of any reports of red shirts being run off?

• Like 1

sleep.png

Interesting post.

An assumption that the PCAD protesters were yellow shirts which I guess is also trying to suggest PAD and fascists and unelected elites and some such nonsense. No proof for that.

Those protesters seem locals, i.e. from ChiangMai. To suggest they go to 'safe zones' suggest a lack of openness, lack of democracy and definitively a touch of fascism or is that just red-shirt mentality?

The local protesters in ChiangMai may be disliked by other, red-shirt locals in ChiangMai, but that's just a touch less than the majority of the people. Asuming we're talking about the 66+m Thais that is.

The PCAD protesters were unarmed, were menaced by red-shirts and obviously therefor to be blamed. This is red-shirt country after all, the Shinawatra heartland.

The North has been spared from non-red-shirt protests mostly, probably because every time some non-red-shirts get together in small numbers they are harrassed, menaced and scared away by red-shirts. Democracy at it's best according to some.

BTW how much does the Northern part of Thailand really contribute to the Thai GDP, just as much as NorthEast which is booming according to some, or was that some there were booming?

• Like 2

Is this meant to be a joke? Very clearly the reds in Chiang Mai, known as the enforcers, will simply allow no opposition. Pure democracy in action? Is this the way to behave? Sickening.

• Like 1

sleep.png

Surat Thani is red shirt leader Jatuporn's hometown and one might think the red shirts would have no problem hosted in the red shirt leader's Southern home, but for some reason he hasn't returned there much for quite some time and instead has tried to project an Issan persona for a number of years.

TRT deputy spokesman denies involvement in a rape case

http://202.47.224.92/en/news.php?id=254905170037