Phuket bar-dancing Swede dies in fall

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...note to self.... no dancing on a table when drunk.

RIP. At least he died happy.

Read the story again, there is no reference to the guy dancing on a 'table', he was dancing on the "bar".

Makes no difference whether table or bar: the guy's dead. Anyone ever notice related to these sad posts are most always alcohol related?

Sorry to hear a Swede has gone this way. It’s extraordinary that more people die from falling from less than 2 meters; than others who fall from heights greater than 2 meters. While alcohol perhaps played a significant part in him losing his balance, the slippery when-wet theory appears to have fatally contributed to his fall.

However, on the other hand with absolute respect to the victim, friends and family, the real risk was the risk of falling and most certainly, while on the bar-top, there was no means of preventing the fall in the first place. But you have to wonder, why did his friends or for that matter the management, security or staff of the bar allow him also to get up on the bar and continue to dance away, without a care from the beginning ? Surely, the people who were supposedly in trusted to look after him on the night, must also bare some sought of responsibility for his actions too, even though it was ultimately in the end self-inflicted.

Edited by MK1

Read the story again, there is no reference to the guy dancing on a 'table', he was dancing on the "bar".

Dancing on the table is a generic term for acting like an idiot when drunk where I come from in America.

I don't know what part of America you come from but the America I come from there's a big difference between dancing on a bar compared to dancing on a table. Nothing generic about that.

Did this actually matter to you so much?

• Like 1

Pretty crappy bar to die at.

RIP.

Yes, when someone gets drunk and falls to their death off a bar, it should be done only in the best of bars. Then it's death with dignity.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

It's a wonder this thing does not happen more offen with some of the states falangs get in, but as mentioned above at least he was happy. RIP

Why do so many assume he was happy because he was drunk? I've seen plenty of drunks who were the opposite of happy?

Edited by HerbalEd

Dancing on the table is a generic term for acting like an idiot when drunk where I come from in America.

I don't know what part of America you come from but the America I come from there's a big difference between dancing on a bar compared to dancing on a table. Nothing generic about that.

A BIG difference?? Not really. The two are very similar.

It's a wonder this thing does not happen more offen with some of the states falangs get in, but as mentioned above at least he was happy. RIP

Why do so many assume he was happy because he was drunk? I've seen plenty of drunks who were the opposite of happy?

In light of such an ending, why not just assume that he was happy and let it go ..bah.gif Jeeeeez

In light of such an ending, why not just assume that he was happy and let it go ..bah.gif Jeeeeez

If it makes you happy, then "assume" what you need.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

If it makes you happy, then "assume" what you need.

Officers were told that the Swede had been drinking with friends and had climbed up on the bar and started dancing.

My ''assumption" is based on this..any normal person would assume that if one was drinking with friends and started dancing, one would indeed be in a happy frame of mind..Yes?

This guy falls about 1.5m and dies.

This guy falls 18 floors and lives.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/597755-australian-man-falls-from-18th-storey-balcony-at-patong-hotel/

I would have thought dancing drunk on a bar would have put you at a higher risk of a broken wrist or ankle, but not death. Just goes to show, when your number is up, it's up.

RIP and condolences to family and friends.

You can die from falling 2 feet if land badly

Yet I have seen cars flipped with drivers not wearing seat bets smashed glass and the driver walks out with a bruse and a sorry look

As for the genetic thing from America is that a view shared by all Americans or just this one person

I do agree he might have been acting silly but that is the point of getting drunk and enjoying yourself

WHAT's UP with this?

Post #1 from Phuket News says, "The body was taken to Patong Hospital for autopsy. The mans name is being withheld until his family have been informed".

Source: http://www.thephuket...-fall-44671.php

-- Phuket News 2014-02-18

AND THEN post# 18 from Phuket Gazette says, "The Swedish embassy has been notified of Mr Hasselberg's death".

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...-bar-25623.html

-- Phuket Gazette 2014-02-18

Condolences to the family.

No, nanny state fans, there is nobody to blame here but the guy himself, no need for new laws banning dancing on a bar.

Shit happens. RIP to the guy, nothing wrong with that way of losing one's life, it's just bad luck following risky behavior. I feel sorry for him, but everyone takes his own risks.

now this comment is social darwinism - using the theory to avoid reform......

hmmmm.....Thailand seems to be becoming a more dangerous place for falang. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE....don't drink, don't drive, don't walk, don't swim, don't dance on bars, don't fornicate......ad nauseam. Lol and remember smoking is bad for your health

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What does a "generic term" have to do with either a bar or a table?

Who cares? The guy danced, he fell, he died. Why argue over it being on a bar or a table? Slow news day.

• Like 1

1) Read the post again, there is no (direct) reference to dancing on (Patong) bars specifically, it seems to me it was a simple note to self from the poster, bar, table, whatever.

And

2) Although I'm not certain of the origin, another generic term usually used to describe people that have nothing better to do than to be negative and trivial .........

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

A lot of you guys need to give it a rest.

Tragic accident, the guy goes from having a great time to being on the wrong side of the lawn.

Might have been celebrating Sweden into the gold medal hockey round and danced just a little too mightily.

RIP and condolences to the family, some serious bad luck.

What does a "generic term" have to do with either a bar or a table?

Trolloled...

Whats the difference? whistling.gif