A cool and practic motorbike....

thailampang2012

So the two people sit side by side, and the one steering constantly elbows the passenger every time they go around a corner?

No....I am 80 years old, my 25 years old petite and cute Thai girl friend ride It seating on my lap....That's make this bike very cool...and very warm sometimes...I just love it! ....Younger bikers in big Kawasaki cannot ride like that...girlfriends have to hold in their bellies.....I know....not get jealous ...you will be old some day too....Just wait....

Well when you put it that way... laugh.png

Which color did you go for?

• Like 2

So the two people sit side by side, and the one steering constantly elbows the passenger every time they go around a corner?

No....I am 80 years old, my 25 years old petite and cute Thai girl friend ride It seating on my lap....That's make this bike very cool...and very warm sometimes...I just love it! ....Younger bikers in big Kawasaki cannot ride like that...girlfriends have to hold in their bellies.....I know....not get jealous ...you will be old some day too....Just wait....

My dad was 85 when we tried to get him to buy a scooter like this, so he could get around, but he was terrified of looking a burk.....He wasn't a trendy guy at all, but even he knew this is not a "cool" look.

I am quite a few years behind you and if I thought this was my fate, I would ride my current bike a lot faster.

If you think 3 wheels is safe, ask yourself why the Yanks banned trikes, but not quads. Answer..when you travel on a rough road they steer themselves. Ending up in a ditch, even with a 25 year old bird on you face, is not cool.....mmmm hang on let me rethink that one.

They didn't ban trikes in the states they have to be registered as a car & appropriate taxing but They are easy to register The Dmv goes through it & matches frame numbers engine #'s & if they are not the stock anything they give you a modified build status & record in the title as a modified build showing the new ID stamp numbers & engine numbers.I have a buddy that not only has an awesome trike but a custom looking casket setup (which he hauls band equipment in) that is trailer-ed on the back. 350 Chevy Covette around a massive auto front end & welded to the trike.nice chrome headers & looks like a Rod in the front end. Not at all illegal.

Now about the motorized wheel chair that most likely would not fly unless it was registered as a handicap cart thing & I would hate to be in any metropolis city in the states anyway. Looks like death on wheels for sure!

I was referring to ATV trikes, as opposed to quad bikes. After a huge number of deaths on trikes in the late eighties in the US, there was a ban introduced, about the time the Honda Pilot came along.

I must admit I don't remember the full details of the ban, but it was fairly well publicised withing the corporate entertainment industry. There were two reasons for the large number of deaths and injuries, firstly trikes are inherently unstable and tip over easily, usually on top of the rider. And secondly, the steering geometry can be effected by an undulating surface, specifically they can steer in a different direction to where you point the handlebars.

Now like everything else a skilled rider can get around these problems and can learn to handle the bikes in a race situation, usually by drifting, so I think the ban was somehow aimed at the CE industry.

But in my experience they are strictly low speed machines, anyone seen the Top Gear feature on the Reliant Robin?

Which is a copy of the original, pictured here. I guess the patent must have expired?

Not is has not, in fact when the Chinese brought a copy to the Milan bike expo it was seized for counterfeiting.

I don't know how Yamaha copes with that but I think they are off-limits in Europe.

Short of an M1 Abrams tank (and man, would I LUUUV one of those around here), most of this argument depends on 2 things - the ability of the driver to control the vehicle and the delicate driving skills of the considerate locals. Oh, I think I have just lost my own argument before I even got started.

The image of the trikes, as I perceive it, is that they are for those who no longer feel capable of riding a 2-wheeler. Or feel confident enough to do so. There are a few around the darkside, but they make me worry for the people on board. I've ridden a couple, both two wheels in front and two wheels at the back, and they are not suitable at anything more than about 20km/h. Maybe 22km/h. Way too susceptible to rough roads around here for my liking - both styles - at any speed higher than that. But more importantly, of the ones I have seen, they're crazily deficient in warning lights etc. Man, no reflective stickers, no strobe lights at the back - you name it. When cycling many years back in Oz, I always had a strobe light (battery) on the bike - bought from a marine supply shop, where the best such lights can be found.

• Like 1

better to look like a market trader than a dick.

I don't think it is possible for an 80-year-old dude to cruise to the market with a 25-year-old hottie and look like a dick on ANY form of transport.

I am not going to get into that..each to his own, but an oldish guy on that three wheeler isn't cool.

The op has stopped posting

the op posted 3 minutes before you did. how frequently should he be posting in your estimation?

with a 25 year old girlfriend and a claimed age of 85, i would suggest the OP has something other than thaivisa on his hands and will respond when and if he is so inclined.

but please point out where in the rules where the maximum acceptable response time is given - I would hate for two of us to disappoint you in the same thread.

hehehehehehe

True - just googled and it appears it is about $5,500 in the US.

I guess you have to pay a premium to go around corners.

You can double it and it would be close to what it costs in Thailand.

Not too long ago, so a Spyder one of these. Man that was a sweet ride, do not even want to think what it costs in Thailand

attachicon.gifspder.jpg

1.2mill

Oh the joys of Thailand! I don't know what's worse a 25 year old girl being seen with you or being seen on that piece of krap. At least an old Thai would respect his young woman by transporting her in a decent car. But hold on maybe she has a plan!

I was referring to ATV trikes, as opposed to quad bikes. After a huge number of deaths on trikes in the late eighties in the US, there was a ban introduced, about the time the Honda Pilot came along.

I must admit I don't remember the full details of the ban, but it was fairly well publicised withing the corporate entertainment industry. There were two reasons for the large number of deaths and injuries, firstly trikes are inherently unstable and tip over easily, usually on top of the rider. And secondly, the steering geometry can be effected by an undulating surface, specifically they can steer in a different direction to where you point the handlebars.

Now like everything else a skilled rider can get around these problems and can learn to handle the bikes in a race situation, usually by drifting, so I think the ban was somehow aimed at the CE industry.

But in my experience they are strictly low speed machines, anyone seen the Top Gear feature on the Reliant Robin?

Putting an electric golf cart engine in the RR shouldn't be a problem. If I remember correctly they were made from fiberglass anyway. It's got a roof rack too!

post-202194-0-93988700-1393119161_thumb.

Putting an electric golf cart engine in the RR shouldn't be a problem. If I remember correctly they were made from fiberglass anyway. It's got a roof rack too!

So you see that as a Rolls Royce do you? Perhaps your aspirations are set a little low. Are you by any chance from Albania?

Also it has a 850cc petrol engine not electric and Delboy bought a real Roller when he sold the watch, I know it is confusing, but try to keep up.

Anyway he would be better off in that, at least his GF could hide in the back.

• Like 1

So you see that as a Rolls Royce do you? Perhaps your aspirations are set a little low. Are you by any chance from Albania?

Also it has a 850cc petrol engine not electric and Delboy bought a real Roller when he sold the watch, I know it is confusing, but try to keep up.

Where did Rolls Royce come from? RR (Reliant Robin) get it? Obviously humor isn't your strongpoint so do your best to keep up. None of your biz where I'm from. How do you transport your rent boy? You're definitely from Gayland.

why disrespect Albanians?

Where did Rolls Royce come from? RR (Reliant Robin) get it? Obviously humor isn't your strongpoint so do your best to keep up. None of your biz where I'm from. How do you transport your rent boy? You're definitely from Gayland.

RR is the normal abbreviation for Rolls Royce, but I understand Reliant Robin too, my mistake...l.

Don't know where the "gay" thing is coming from, most people who make these comments out of the blue have problems with their own identity.

Anyway a reasonable joke, keep it up and I will try to keep up.

Albanians wouldn't be insulted, the poorest country in Europe, most don't have any sort of a car........even an RR.