Yingluck slammed for disseminate "hate speech"

webfact

There is no need for caretaker PM YS to response to the defamatory statements of AIPM. AIPM has not been straightforward when it comes to the smear statements of government's opponents and anti democracy movements. They have been silent.

Send from my Mobile

You mean those nasty people from AIPM didn't set up an anti-anti-government protest? They didn't condemn anyone speaking about 700 billion Baht spent on rice? They didn't speak out on anyone protesting the blanket amnesty bill? Those AIPM?

BTW if MS Yingluck feels these statements are defamatory she can always raise a court case or have her fellow Pheu Thai MPs do so. If you're right she'll have a strong case as Thai laws in this are strongly in favour of the 'defamed' party.

Of course a court may just accept the televised program as proof for the "blamed protesters as being at the core of the controversial rice-pledging problems" and dismiss the case.

My comment is clear enough. There is no need for you to flame and distort and twist.

? blink.png ?

Please indicate where I 'flame', 'distort' or 'twist', or use the 'report' button.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesnt matter what she said up there. She didnt write it. What it did show is that with all the money she and her brother have that in the past couple od years they still have not learned how to hire a good speech writer. That they just read without question the words in front of them without review because someone said she should do it. Ohhh wait a minute. Im describing some inanimate object controlled by other influences. That is not YL. :rolleyes:

She really should start prereading her material the same every actor and leader does. :huh:

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What's with all the cute colors? Accenting your views? Looks like a child's coloring book.

Yes and a child would understand the relation to buzz words highlighted... even if you can't...LOLOL ..In case you missed it... that was my point...Cheers!

'buzzword/s' is one word, by the way, and usually a word or phrase: not complete sentences. I sure hope you're not one of those backpacking teachers, letting down the side of the really qualified, workpermit holding teachers who live here. That would scare me to death. facepalm.gif

Most readers here are not children, in case you missed it, so please don't write with self-indulgent, rhetorical penning. We're not all as dim as some.

Not a back packing teacher been here since '93 have a family here Love Thailand and by the way for general info...appreciate you highlighting your arrogance All the best to ya ! And you are correct lots of bright people here... not all dim Have a great day!

A buzzword is a word or phrase used to impress, or one that is fashionable. Buzzwords often originate in jargon or areneologisms.[1]

The term was first used in 1946 as student slang.[2]

Pls explain where I highlighted arrogance. You lost me, when you quoted something similar to as correct a definition as I gave. Have a nice day, and keep it impersonal,.

Edited by Why ask

How are you enjoying Thaivisa, bkkdave?

I see you joined on 15/02/2014, so you have only been a member for 4 days. Have you come on holiday?

You have some unusually strong views on Thai politics.

much better than to have no views what soever other than what you ahave been fed. poor tired old men lamenting the days of the cheap beer bar scene that died years ago.

sorry that not everybody toes the sad tired old TV line. some of us think.

enjoy your trolling

who said holiday? I work away for 4 months and come back.

I thought holiday because your account is only 4 days old. If you were really interested in Thai politics, you would have had an account for years, wouldn't you?

You are calling me a troll?

I have averaged about 1 post a week since I joined Thaivisa, and I have posted on many different forums.

You have averaged over 20 posts a day since you joined Thaivisa. You have only ever posted on the political threads. All of your posts loudly support one side of the debate only. Many people would regard you as spamming the thaivisa politics forum with your viewpoint to make it look more popular. Many people would call you a troll.

You are both trolls...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I have never heard of the Academic Institute of Public Media Institute. Sounds like a bunch of ideologically-driven PAD-Dem's.

Anyway, whatever they stated is just so much nonsense.

Chief amongst their operatives is someone named Time Chuastapanasiri is making the bizarre claim that "Yingluck is the real disseminator of hate speech, as she made the protesters out as the villains for causing the national crisis and rice farmers’ problems while branding the government as good...". The reasoning continues "Her speech distorted the facts, told lies and slandered others by changing the responsibility for the mistakes on others. She also made herself a target by implying that the protesters are the enemy of farmers, the country and democracy and the elected government..."

Where was this line when red shirt protesters were being gunned down? Where was this line when red shirt protesters were the subject of real hate speech in 2010, being tagged as buffaloes, scum, terrorists and worse? Where was this line when real hate speech was directed at Yingluck?

Not hard to guess, is it.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

It's The Nation..the sickest charade in media history

So what if it's the Nation? Does it make what is reported in this article any less true? Yingluck is lying through her teeth and trying to demonize the protestors when this situation with the rice farmers is of her puppet government's own making.

Pretty much the same article in the Bangkok Post now.

A fascist conspiracy to overthrow the democratically elected people's government, obviously.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

Hehe you must be another hardliner red who believes everything you are told by your leaders. A person does not have to believe everything someone says just because the majority picked that person to speak for and act for them. Especially in Thailand where (saving face) is a nationally practised culture.

Assuming responsibiliy is almost unknown in Thailand especially for people in power.

It is up to you to root out the truth which means looking at everything unemotionally and weighing the differences between right and wrong. When you post everything you believe is 100% truth and there is no such thing when dealing with politics... Get real ok. Stop trying to convince all these foreigners who are experienced in politics, lying, brainwashing, and their thoughts on this posting. You are just showing everyone how RED you are and your post are flaky at best.

Edited by thesetat2013
  • Like 1

Gemini81 , Just curious, do you have a link to what you are referring to, I am not aware of it & would watch what ever you are referring to.

(Or is anyone else has the link, post away)

The world LAUGHS at what a FOOL she is! (see cnn interview...a disaster no retard could manage!!!!) have a look

Yinglucks nails yet another international media interview.

Summarized well with..

Interviewer: But what is the reality?

Yingluck: I don't know.

Edited by Davidhere

I'm no tourist I also live here but don't let myself get carried away by something BEYOND my control or input or let it get my stress levels to the point of insults and bigoted comments.

I sympathise with the legitimate Farang businessmen and women who have a vested interested through these business's but at the same time you took a risk and a gamble by doing so and nobody forced you to set up here either.

I see so much bigoted red/yellow crap that it's causing good posters to turn nasty and insulting and for what? Honestly for what? ask yourself if YOU can change what's going on personally and if you find you can't them it's probably best to let the Thais themselves sort it out even if they can't agree on the colour of <deleted> ! After all that's said and done it's their <deleted> !!

• Like 1

And last night on Blue Sky TV Suthep complained that his and his followers 'constitutional rights' were infringed by the police who tried to stop them protesting, he then referred to Yingluck as 'a murderer'. Surely the irony of his speech cannot have been lost on a man who disrupted and blocked people from voting in a general election and who has also failed to appear in court, on a number of occasions, to answer his own murder warrant.

It is ironic indeed, that a man, who has been accused of murder by his colleague (Tarit) for being in charge of dispersing a violent mob now finds himself on the other side with a police killing his people on direct orders from (again) Tarit, Chalerm and ultimately Yingluck.

Was Chuastapanasiri statement to Isara News Agency online an official statement of Academic Institute of Public Media?

I think he did not check the backgrounds of the two leaders of the 'rice farmer protesters'. He did not take into consideration of the dem's pdrc/pcad threat to banks. As a mainstream media person, he had acted unprofessionally and without media ethic because he (based on what is reported here) did not seems to take the context and purpose of the speech into consideration. He used the word 'IMPLY' and that made his accusations baseless and irrelevant. His action therefore was unprofessional and naughty.

Caretaker PM YS apologized to the farmers of the hardship they suffered and at the same time mentioned that the government has been consistent in making good the payments to the hardworking farmers and thanks them for their contributions to the overall economy of Thailand. He explained that the disruptive politics, election, and the threats of the protesters and their ongoing activities have affected the government in securing the funds (which they have been no problem obtaining) to pay them.

He use conjecture while making baseless accusation that "Yingluck made the speech as armed police were preparing to crackdown on the protesters, Time said, and what she said clearly showed that the violence that was going to happen was necessary."

• Like 1

Are Farmers getting on your nerves, are they the only ones who live here.?....TRT recons they are so they bribe em,and con them with the Rice Pledge. Can it all end soon so we can have some new cheats who favor Cheap Beer Brewers. Yes Beer Pledging,is the answer.

I have slammed all sides I don't pick and chose as it had nothing to do with me as I'm not a Thai with rights to vote and change the situation.

My peeve is farangs being critical of another country's internal strife where they have ZERO input maybe your Thai family have same as mine but I don't dare interfere I'm how they want their country to evolve because at the end of the day if you make your bed and are willing to lie in it no matter where I'm the world that might be then your accepting the surroundings and politics that go hand and again if you feel the heat on the kitchen is too much them you can always leave!

You want The Thais to oust Yingluck then let them do it.

If her support has dwindled then the dems should seize the opportunity and make a coalition and beat the PTP through the ballot box. Stop the none sense about vote buying by all accounts that was going on well before The Shiniwatras ce to power so it's a lame excuse is it not? That by the way doesn't make it right either.

I have chosen to live here and I've accepted there's things beyond my control like Thai politics and how to influence them. That's the difference it makes no odds to me who is in power as I go overseas to work them come home to Korat where life goes on as if Bangkok is a billion miles away I love the quieter village life where life goes on

Well, I do think that Yingluck is totally right in saying that the problems of the farmers are linked with the protests.

First because the government is now in a caretaker role, and then because the EC did not allow the caretaker government to borrow money, and last because Suthep made everything he could to avoid any solution with banks, but at the same time accepting donations for the farmers... to be used in lawsuits against the government unsure.png

Those who don't see the truth are really blind laugh.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Isn't it terrible that the protesters objected to the care-taker government breaking the law?

They have the right to object...

But to a certain extent.

Spraying bullets on police, throwing bombs, killing people, preventing people to vote, ... That is not objecting anymore...

As the International community has noticed...

And preventing millions of people to receive their due payment is hardly seen as an "objection"...

Sent from my iPhone...

That doesn't mean that it's the protesters fault that the farmers are not being paid. They are not being paid because the care-taker government can't legally borrow more money while in care-taker mode. That is the fault of the government and no one else.

I made an observation about some Farang posters getting all stressed out and letting the whole political situation get to them when the bottom line is if your not a Thai resident matter your opinion on who's right and whose wrong it's just that an opinion where it means zero to the bigger picture.

What's the point in getting all worked up about it ? What's the point in having bigoted views when you're not a Thai? Does the average Thai actually give a toss about your opinions either ? I suspect not many do especially the ones so many here say are stupid dumb ignorant or uneducated ? Is it their fault they lack your passion for politics and name calling? Nah again I doubt they lose any sleep about any farangs opinion on how they should be living their lives mate

• Like 1

Why do you bigoted farangs care so much ? It's not like you actually have a say in how Thailand is Governed and if you hate the PTP so much get out of Thaialnd and do all your moaning and griping in your own Native countries as they're obviously a hell of a lot better run than LOS.

there's no excuse to become so embroiled in something that your not allowed to change so either suck it up and carry on as normal and quit bitching or get onto the next flight out and take your bigoted views with you, some farangs here need to remember your all visitors NOBODY is forcing you to stay, just like me.

Don't like something then give it a wide berth!!!

With all due respect, I think Farangs would not dispute that we are totally inconsequential when it comes to Thai Politics....It is why a uni-lingual organization like the UDD/RS are not very concerned about farangs, and spend no effort communicating with them. And it is why the political side that does communicate with them via the mainstream English language media have farangs mostly in their camp....Doesn't worry the UDD/RS's.

But that doesn't prevent political junkies from pontificating....It is the nature of the beast...Especially in the country where they reside....One could also turn this negative into a positive by at least recognizing that their interest in the political environment within which they live, shows they are engaged...instead of aloof by-standers.

I also have an interest in Ukrainian Politics, amongst other International political scenarios....What would political junkies do without debate and hot air being expended by every inconsequential one of us. Either here or elsewhere.

Finally they come out of their corners and show their faces. This will speed up a final surly not so final solution,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dood you cannot go throwing in the term final solution, lest you give anyone a new idea!

I made an observation about some Farang posters getting all stressed out and letting the whole political situation get to them when the bottom line is if your not a Thai resident matter your opinion on who's right and whose wrong it's just that an opinion where it means zero to the bigger picture.

What's the point in getting all worked up about it ? What's the point in having bigoted views when you're not a Thai? Does the average Thai actually give a toss about your opinions either ? I suspect not many do especially the ones so many here say are stupid dumb ignorant or uneducated ? Is it their fault they lack your passion for politics and name calling? Nah again I doubt they lose any sleep about any farangs opinion on how they should be living their lives mate

Why should we get worked up? Whether we're on the side of government or the protestors, we live here. We've made a home of this place. Why can't we vent among each other and post our own opinions? We know what we write here isn't going to change a thing but so what? That's what a message forum is for. And who are you to call people 'bigoted' just because their views differ from yours?

I find it odd for certain people who have already left the country and who talk a lot about not getting all stressed out with the political situation when the very same people are actually posting here stressing out about the people posting. Idiotic really.

• Like 1

This academic has it right. Yingluck painted a picture of enemies within her own people, and dismissed any and all blame on herself and her administration for the rice scheme, or for anything else for that matter. It was obscene. She painted the protesters as enemies of the farmers - which ought to be news for the farmers who are now walking with them, and receiving a flood of donations from them. Yingluck's address was indeed intended as hate speech, and as a prime minister that is pretty shocking. But it was also clearly meant to establish grounds for Chalerm's armed push yesterday. Reporters on the ground witnessed the police move in with live ammunition and tear-gas. It was something he said he would not do. The Yingluck administration has brought disgrace upon itself in every way.

• Like 2