drunk russian decided to destroy my car and others ... chalong

Jameskrabi

They think Thailand is a state of Russian federation and they can drive day & night drunk?

Watch some russian car fail videos and you'll understand my point.

i think there is a lot of farangs who drive drunk or ill. As I remember, old German man killed a woman in accident

1 dead, 14 injured, German arrested, following Jomtien Beach Road Crash

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/680465-one-dead-14-injured-german-arrested-following-jomtien-beach-road-crash/

That german wasn`t drunk .............

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers smile.png

As we say, drunken russian will survive any road accident intact...

There is nothing to do with this right now, until bike owners will be banned from renting to people without A type driving licenses (one in 1000 tourists have it).

Driving drunk in Russia starts from 30k to 60k baht penalty, then a lot of another things. But here they are tourists, and this happen because Thailand now easily accessible to low-class tourists, we call them "Tagil", famous for their rude noisy behaviour, not respectful to anyone, etc...

I personally must explain a lot of people, not all Russians like this, but MOST of tourists in Pattaya and Phuket now is a low-class cheap tourists, who bought a 10-days tour for USD 500...

Almost all of Russian "tagil" tourists before going to Egypt, where they live in closed all-inclusive hotels, famous for unlimited alcohol ands food. In Thailand they can't be isolated from others so easily.

Chinese ones not so bad, because they move in groups and almost all the time controlled by guides.

One thing I would like to know is how an airbag pounding into your face feels.

I have heard (just speculation) that they can sometimes cause more harm than good.

Please tell me your experience of that bag slamming into your face.

Thankfully I've never had the luxury of taking an airbag in the face, but I have treated people who have. Airbags are made with pretty rough material. It is like getting hit in the face by a pillow travelling 200kph. It is recommended anyone involved in an accident where airbags were deployed be evaluated by medical staff.

Having said that, about the only time they can do more harm than good is when they are used improperly, i.e. the passenger/driver doesn't use a seat belt, sits too close to it, drives with hands covering it, is a child under a certain size, or braces against it when anticipating an accident.

Treating people injured by airbags has given me a neurosis about them. I can no longer drive with my hands or arms over the steering wheel, and once when I was vary nearly in a crash I quickly moved my hands to the bottom of the wheel and tried to brace for the airbag which I thought for sure was coming. Gladly it didn't.

James, did you get assessed by medical staff after the accident? Make sure you don't have dark areas behind your ears. Airbags have been known to cause skull fractures.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

yes im all ok, seatbelt snapped, and airbag came out slight knock to the head, but ok, the guy was lucky it wasn't a kid on a scooter thats all i can say.

Seatbelt snapped?

Oh great. Are you reading Ford?

To be fair it did take a beating.

we were in traffic stopped and he hit at 100MPH reported (150KLMS) the seat belt pulled the bolt from the car, but saved my life i am sure.

You were hit by the Russian at 100 MPH? If so I have to say what a well designed car because it certainly took a hit than many others would have disintegrated on. Looking at his car, and yours seems perhaps you meant 100 kilometer per hour , which would be 60mph. Still doesn't look right, that's one hell of a lot of inertia.

Sorry,no. Even 100kph/60mph would have left little of either car. This damage is indicative of an accident with impact speeds less than 40kph/25mph.

Yes, there is no way he could have sped up to 100 km/h, let alone 160, in rush hour in the distance between the circle and where the accident took place.

But with 160 km/h in the police report that says a lot about the reliability of the witnesses and the assessment of the police.

If the damage is as you say that car should be written off.

Thats what i said.... but in Thailand NO CAR is written off.

They rebuild them....

B.s our jazz was 1 year old when wife drove it into a concrete pilar with me next to her. She fell asleep.

They did want to rebuild but in the end after some pressure from me it was a write off. So it does happen. Good to as a car in a big crash will never be the same.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app