Extend 90 day non imm o for supporting child

hi there, im currently on a 90 day non imm o single entry as I support my child in bkk who lives with me - no mother in picture.

is an extension possible. My visa is up soon and i was going to fly to Vientiane and renew, but work takes me out of the country about a week or so after the visa expires.

is an extension possible. if so how long?

I could do a quick in and out, but would obviously rather not bother if i could extend for 15-30 days from here.

ts

Assuming your child is Thai then you can get a 60 day extension at your local Thai Immigration Dept if your name is on your child's Birth Certificate.

If you are the Court appointed legal guardian (Legal Father) or you are married to the chid's mother, then you can extend for one year if you also meet the income/savings criteriae.

Have you been married to the mother or have been recognized as the father by a Thai court then yes.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

You could get a 60 day extension to visit your child.

You will need their birth certificate and house book plus copies. You will need to also take your child with you.

If your trip is going to be short you could also get a re-entry permit after you get the extension.

thanks for the replies.

it seems im getting contradictory info here.

I have the original birth cert and can get copies of the tabien baan.

Do i need to bring the child or not she is in school and i would rather she not need to take the day off.

this would seem to indicate not

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:
Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.
(1) Proof of relationship.

ubon joe indicates differently.

Edited by HooHaa