Shinawatra business boycott forces its stock prices to plunge

webfact

What an odd political strategy which seems to be manufactured out of desperation on the part of the protest leaders, and who better than a monk? Who did the research to determine if the "family" even owns any part of these companies, while shares could be owned by another party which in turn the "family" owns, or not?

Also been informed by investment companies in Thailand that there is no "shorting" the market which is currently not allowed, so may not be an issue, although if allowed, I would have shorted AIS and then bought back into it later to make a fortune. Great company and great investment opportunity.

While the crazy protestors are listening to their "evangelist" leaders, which are dying in the streets, investors are making money at the same time. That is democracy and capitalism with a free market economy. This is what Thailand is supposed to be, regardless of one family or the other being accused of corruption. Corruption? Get use to it since there has always been corruption in Thailand, and there will be (in our lifetimes at least) corruption. It is basic to the Thai culture and society. Change one political party for another and the same thing occurs.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin is not going to be a happy man today, this is turning into the worst week for his siter, and there have been some bad ones.

I'm avoiding all Shin products and companies as well.

As Tesco says "every little helps" laugh.png

• Like 1

smells of manipulation ...

Smells of fear.

Yes, fear is an element as I suspect he is trying to 'encourage' the govt not to release the list of companies/individuals financing the PDRC. This is a very silly game of tit for tat , in which the losers (as always) will be the smallholders and the employees. This is a rich man's game and none of them give a toss for the consequences to others. For institutional investor's it presents a buying opportunity with a longer term horizon ...but how long before they simply walk away from Thailand as a lost cause case? Sooner rather than later if Suthep's lunacy is allowed to continue without challenge.

Never seen a country suicide before, at least not first hand

• Like 2

An inflammatory post has been deleted. Please keep your posts civil.

From what I have read, it seems that over 90% of the posts on the recent political turmoil have been inflammatory, on both sides of the issue. There is much heat and little light being shed in this forum.

The vitriol often originates from the same folks who take locals to task for being over-emotional and immune to logic.

Feel free to delete a few more. Delete away!!

Edited by DeepInTheForest
  • Like 1

This is crazy. And all because of personal animosity.

To think that this Suthep is taken seriously by people in Thailand: it makes you wonder whether this whole country is not built on shifting sands.

Anyway, I expect SCB shares will do fine.

• Like 1

This is crazy. And all because of personal animosity.

To think that this Suthep is taken seriously by people in Thailand: it makes you wonder whether this whole country is not built on shifting sands.

Anyway, I expect SCB shares will do fine.

Your expectations will be realized. Click on below and you can see who or what is the largest shareholder in SCB. 'nuffsed.

http://www.scb.co.th/en/about-scb/investor-relations/company-information/shareholder-structure

What shoddy reporting from PBS. SC Asset drops 4.94% and they call it a plunge????

I was hoping that SC would have shed at least 30-40% of it's value (and that would be correctly called a plunge) as I would have then invested most of my spare cash into that counter as it's a sure winner. As long as the fundamentals are in place, the share price will eventually find it's right value.

Wasn't it Warren Buffett who said that one should always swim against the tide?

The general public are rubbish at maths or market understanding ... correct unless its double figures its not even serious and yes a plunge has to be 20% up ... less than 5% means very very little... SC today further drop of 0.06 or 1.9%

Yep, the past week is barely noticible on this graph. Need to take it with a pinch of salt though as it is from Bloomberg who don't have the total understanding of life, the universe and everything that some posters on here have.

Once the shares go back up, the muppets who sold out lost.... and the more that sell out now, lose out more because they were too slow.

Good luck punters

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/INTUCH:TB/chart

• Like 2

Let's see how long the Shinawatras will stay now that their own money is being threatened. Yingluck will say bye bye soon I bet! clap2.gif

It's not just their money but the little people who suthep says he supports have investments also and it is these people who are being kicked in the guts harder by Suthep.

• Like 1

Let's see how long the Shinawatras will stay now that their own money is being threatened. Yingluck will say bye bye soon I bet! clap2.gif

It's not just their money but the little people who suthep says he supports have investments

Any numbers on how many "little people" have investments in the Shinawatra businesses on the SET?

• Like 2

What an odd political strategy which seems to be manufactured out of desperation on the part of the protest leaders, and who better than a monk? Who did the research to determine if the "family" even owns any part of these companies, while shares could be owned by another party which in turn the "family" owns, or not?

Also been informed by investment companies in Thailand that there is no "shorting" the market which is currently not allowed, so may not be an issue, although if allowed, I would have shorted AIS and then bought back into it later to make a fortune. Great company and great investment opportunity.

While the crazy protestors are listening to their "evangelist" leaders, which are dying in the streets, investors are making money at the same time. That is democracy and capitalism with a free market economy. This is what Thailand is supposed to be, regardless of one family or the other being accused of corruption. Corruption? Get use to it since there has always been corruption in Thailand, and there will be (in our lifetimes at least) corruption. It is basic to the Thai culture and society. Change one political party for another and the same thing occurs.

Convicted of corruption. At least get that right re Thaksin. No he doesn't get a free pass though the boller room has gone into overdrive to argue the case.

• Like 1

It's not just their money but the little people who suthep says he supports have investments

Any numbers on how many "little people" have investments in the Shinawatra businesses on the SET?

I don't know the numbers but many little people do actually invest in shares. I have shares in companies and a lot of my friends have shares in various companies. Little investors.

Boycott Thai style : Let's boycott AIS. Thaksin has not had any shares in the company for almost 10 years, and the boycott will therefore not affect him or his wealth at all, but we will boycott them anyway :-D

Why not boycott DTAC and TOT as well, Thaksin does not have any shares there either, so they are obvious targets?

• Like 1

Good Luck Honorable Suthep.

It was tax and coup money that made these companies successful anyway.

"Good Luck Honorable Suthep,"

Your tacking the p*ss yeah? CHALLANGE,,,,,,, Do a quick Google search and tell us all here just what you find that is so honorable??? then tell us what you find that is the truth about him. even Wikileaks give info on his antics, w00t.gif Now think just what happened before he told people to dump anything that has connection with the PM or Shin family, Imagine if you will you have invested in any stock and now it's falling because of this tactic, now your loosing money,

Anyway like I said before, Buy in the gloom and sell in the boomwhistling.gif some people will loose a lot of cash and others will make a few bags full, wait Suthep's been getting bag's full of cash for a while now huh,,, where's the transparent audit on the cash as promised??? "honorable" yeah rightcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Your tacking the p*ss yeah? CHALLANGE,,,,,,, Do a quick Google search and tell us all here just what you find that is so honorable??? then tell us what you find that is the truth about him. even Wikileaks give info on his antics, w00t.gif Now think just what happened before he told people to dump anything that has connection with the PM or Shin family, Imagine if you will you have invested in any stock and now it's falling because of this tactic, now your loosing money,

Anyway like I said before, Buy in the gloom and sell in the boomwhistling.gif some people will loose a lot of cash and others will make a few bags full, wait Suthep's been getting bag's full of cash for a while now huh,,, where's the transparent audit on the cash as promised??? "honorable" yeah rightcheesy.gif

Probably just a business move, force the share prices down then move in and buy everything you can get, when the dust settles you have made a fortune as the price start to climb again.

Thaksin's companies probably can't make a profit anyway unless they have monopolies or inside connections ..... this is something that he and his interests are obviously at risk to lose here in Thailand.

He can then try Cambodia and we can watch Hun Sen run circles around him.

Suspect they've shorted the bejesus out of them long ago. Ditto the baht... And what about the fascist contingent here? I did during the third week of November and on hefty margin too for the baht. Been a great trade...covered @ 33

Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Probably just a business move, force the share prices down then move in and buy everything you can get, when the dust settles you have made a fortune as the price start to climb again.

And you say it's an "honorable" thing to do, use your position tell people to dump stock wait a while then buy and make a packet on the move,

So did you do the search? and what did you find?

cheer's matethumbsup.gif