Chalerm asks Civil Court judges to clarify ruling

webfact

With a bit of luck, Chalerm will order a crack down on the protesters tomorrow in defience of the Court ruling and then be jailed by the end of the month... that would be one rabid dog put out of its misery...

And if the previous 'crack downs' are anything to go by, Chalerm and the police will get their butts kicked and be sent packing licking their wounds again...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He is so right, the court seem to forget about the little people who just want to move on with their lives, but are blocked to enter many government officers, face road blocks and some could no even vote because they were blocked by the peaceful protesters.

Come on rs, as a pr / perception man you can do better than that. Or can you?

He is so right, the court seem to forget about the little people who just want to move on with their lives, but are blocked to enter many government officers, face road blocks and some could no even vote because they were blocked by the peaceful protesters.

You're right. Send the protesters home and let the country continue with Chalerm in charge. People really need to realise how BAD this government is. Only in government because they paid to be!

Understand Thailand's problems before posting. The court is obviously starting to realise.

CMPO To Appeal Restriction On Emergency Powers
By Khaosod English

13928887041392888906l.jpg

Police officers inspecting a collection of firearms and ammunition confiscated from an anti-government campsite near Ministry Of Energy, 18 February 2014

BANGKOK: -- The Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) said it will appeal the court ruling which effectively strips the government of powers under the emergency decree.

The Civil Court yesterday refused to repeal the State of Emergency as requested by representatives of anti-government movements, but it also placed a number of key restrictions on the authorities′ efforts to contain the protests.

The limitations prohibit the government from banning political rally, launching crackdown on protesters, dismantling barricades erected by the protesters, or sealing off traffic around protest sites.

For many observers, the verdict effectively rendered the emergency decree powerless, and could be seen as endorsing the legality of protests led by People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy (PCAD).

CMPO director Chalerm Yoobamrung lashed out at the verdict in an interview today.

He sarcastically praised the Civil Court for forbidding the CMPO from dispersing the protesters, claiming that it made his job easier. "I like it. From now on, the police need not walk empty-handed toward the protesters only to get killed like in the past. I can just order the police not to approach the protesters at all," Mr. Chalerm said.

The CMPO director asserted that the CMPO is required to curb the PCAD protests and the demonstrators have repeatedly used firearms and besieged a number of governmental agencies, which violates the rights to free assembly guaranteed under the Thai Constitution.

Mr. Chalerm also warned that the verdict would virtually prohibit any police action necessary to restore public order. He gave an hypothetical situation in which a group of protester stormed into a Ministry building. The police might not be able to retake the building due to the court′s ban on crackdown operation, Mr. Chalerm said.

"I don′t know what I could do. This is wrong. That is wrong," Mr. Chalerm told reporters, "As the CMPO director, I cannot work. I am not being sarcastic here, but I′m genuinely afraid that my subordinates might end up in jail".

He also noted that in 2010 Pheu Thai Party had filed a similar request to repeal the State of Emergency imposed by then-Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, and the Civil Court at the time affirmed the emergency decree, stating that the power to enact or repeal the decree rested solely with the administrative branch.

"Yet the Civil Court in this era affirms the emergency decree but imposed so many restrictions on the government," Mr. Chalerm complained, "I′m confused by the court′s decision".

CMPO spokesman Tharit Pendit later stated in a televised speech that the CMPO will appeal the verdict, echoing Mr. Chalerm′s reasons that the anti-government protests have stepped beyond the acceptable line of peaceful and non-violent gathering protected under the Constitution.

Mr. Tharit called PCAD actions an act of rebellion intended to sow chaos and disobedience to the rule of laws throughout the Kingdom. He warned that the court verdict which prevented the government from containing the protests would lead to a situation of "vacuum" in which political groups hostile to PCAD would take matters into their own hands and attempt to disperse the PCAD protesters by themselves.

"Clashes and act of vigilante might occur, because the state authorities cannot enforce the laws," Mr. Tharit said in the press conference, "It is indeed an undesirable scenario".

Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said the CMPO will try its best to operate under the existing restrictions imposed by the civil court, but stressed that the effort to appeal the verdict is underway.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qZzRPRGN3TkE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-20

Were was the civil court when Suthep and Abhisit were involved in the murder of 90+ people back in 2010 ?

These judges are pathetic, they don't serve the people or the law... they serve only elite interests.

Don't kid yourself. most of those 90, including Seh Daeng were shot by thugs in black hired by the man in Dubai

good tactic from them.

the more they make the Courts explain themselves in detail, the more the complicity becomes visible..... Not to all, but to enough to call it a coup and bring sanctions down on Thailand if it suceeds.

Make the Courts explain a verdit in detail that yesterday most westen media were calling Bizarre, unfathomable, breathtaking, Now make them squirm as they have to answer nuts and bolts issues that they didn't expect to be having handed back to them

The problems are more now for the Country than PT. PT are the only ones with any right to rule based on democracy. So it's going to be head scratching time at the Courts again tonight.

Then, the fight for democracy starts in earnest against him. the very best Suthep can hope for is a brief stay in power.

The reds got them out every time ever and will get them out again if the Army or Courts let them back!!!

• Like 1

I think the problem the minister for ear medicine has with the judgment is that he doesnt understand the details, someone needs to translate it into drunkenese for him

Maybe it's time for him to switch from ear medicine to this:

dfu8.png

hard to decide if you or laemchabang larry are the biggest wasters of time and space on the internet.

trolling posts can be fun to read if they are funny, well thought out original.

you guys have nothing going on at all, and the more you trot this out, the more pathetic it gets.

I think the problem the minister for ear medicine has with the judgment is that he doesnt understand the details, someone needs to translate it into drunkenese for him

dfu8.png

hard to decide if you or laemchabang larry are the biggest wasters of time and space on the internet.

you guys have nothing going on at all, and the more you trot this out, the more pathetic it gets.

OK Pipkins. You are soooo intellectually gifted

• Like 1

Who appoints these so called judges?

Ultimately they are appointed by the king but they are nominated by the Judicial Service Commission which is under the auspices of the Justice Minister, a position formerly held by .....guess who?

Cheers!

Edited by bigbamboo

"He then recalled the days when he was justice minister and had done many things beneficial to the judges.

He said he was not asking for a debt of gratitude from the court but he just wanted to have clarification."

Is he for real? Drunk again? bah.gif

I am lost for words at this man's thinking!!!

He is acting like a little boy that has had all of his toys taken away from him!!!

dfu8.png

He's back in a new incarnation...Pipkins TV's most popular red farang nutjob

Face it dear boy....your comic messiah, his airhead sister and their drunken attack dog are done for

We maybe timewasters...but you alas will always have an IQ only marginally larger than your shoe size

Rather unkind on shoes, there.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Were was the civil court when Suthep and Abhisit were involved in the murder of 90+ people back in 2010 ?

These judges are pathetic, they don't serve the people or the law... they serve only elite interests.

Dont you think that just maybe the court looked to the past and all the bloodshed based on decisions made at that time and decided to make these restrictions now to prevent the same thing from happening again?

The protests have been peaceful until Chalerm decided to take them down. Now he has in essence, lost his job.

This should not stop a policeman from doing his job if he wants to.

It does protect the protesters constitutional right to assembly as well as remove the chances for violence. No targets means no shots fired.

I am afraid that this will lead open more chances for that 3rd party to make trouble again. Since noone can say who they were paid by then they could open fire at protesters next time.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Courts again support anti-democrats...... Pondering the 2010 red shirt demonstrations, this action would have been unthinkable. So why the double standards? Simple: "It cited an earlier ruling by the Constitution Court that the PDRC rally is peaceful and without weapons." Right.... The guys with guns and grenades actually are "unarmed".... And the court was frank about its decision: "The court said its order was to protect the protesters' right to hold peaceful demonstrations, citing massive mobilisation of security forces into Bangkok to break up the protest." Funny, I don't recall that logic being applied in 2010? Or have I neglected the courts providing "protection" to red shirts?

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

I'm sure Lermbo would love to pat you on the belly but it's too high for him to reach.

He is not looking for gratitude? But you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Is this not one of the attitudes which have brought about the demise of Thailand. I see this in quite a few every day situations in Thailand. Most gifts and favours are not granted for nothing. They are to be remembered, and favours returned in the future.

Thats your constitution.

Dont you know that you can please some of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

and in another topic about the airport you said you wanted the farmers to close down bangkok and the baht to plummet hypocrite to the end its an im alright jack sort of thing for you ...found out again ....crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Good memory!