CNX Hotel Fitness Club Memberships

MMan

Been researching local hotels that sell outside memberships for locals to use their fitness center:.

Centara Duangtawan: 6 months @ 8500 thb and 12 months @ 12,000 thb (not sure but I think 1 month is 1500 thb). It was probably the best option in town at one point though it is now dated like the hotel itself, and I've heard can be crowded at peak times.

Shangri La: 6 months @ 20,000 thb and 12 months @ 29,000 thb (pricey but nice)

Dusit D2: Well eqiupped fitness center at top of hotel with nice views, though I think prices are close to the Shangri La.

The following also sell outside memberships though I do not know the cost: Kantary Hills, Anantara (Chedi), RatiLanna

Le Meridien is for in-house guests only.

If others have additional information or suggestions please share. I'd like someplace I can get to easily where parking and traffic are not a problem.

• Like 1

I paid for one month at the Dangtuan and as of yesterday, it was 2,500. They said the priced increased October last year.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What was it like. I used to belong but the equipment was not kept up very well and the staff seemed to think there job was to talk to the chicks. The pool was nice and the sauna was OK but they never seemed to have the hot tub in operation. Looked at the Shangrala but it didn't seem like it could handle many users at the time I looked at it. That was a long time ago.

Small gym at Greenside near Maya. 80 baht a day, plus 60 baht for pool. You would need to check to see if they offer monthly etc-and to see if they have the kit you want.Hope this helps - may be worth checking out Holiday Inn too

Small gym at Greenside near Maya. 80 baht a day, plus 60 baht for pool. You would need to check to see if they offer monthly etc-and to see if they have the kit you want.Hope this helps - may be worth checking out Holiday Inn too

Isn't the name Green Hills? If it's the place I'm thinking of the gym is small but the saltwater pool is nice, large enough for lap swimming, and, on the one occasion I visited, not too crowded.

I paid for one month at the Dangtuan and as of yesterday, it was 2,500. They said the priced increased October last year.

What was it like. I used to belong but the equipment was not kept up very well and the staff seemed to think there job was to talk to the chicks. The pool was nice and the sauna was OK but they never seemed to have the hot tub in operation. Looked at the Shangrala but it didn't seem like it could handle many users at the time I looked at it. That was a long time ago.

The Dangtuan is FAR from perfect, but given the gym situation in Chiang Mai I bit the bullet and paid the asking price. OK, here's my review:

They have a decent free weight room with enough equipment to handle the crowd. Their strength training machines are also decent in terms of variety and most are in good working order. The weight room is nothing compared to a proper gym, but it's one of the best currently in Chiang Mai.

There seems to be a large number of cardio machines, but I don't use them so I can't say anything about the quality or working order.

The men's locker room/sauna is dark, hot, smelly and the changing area is very small. There are also a bunch of guys who seem to enjoy sitting around talking or hours which makes the place more crowded. I use the locker room to change and shower and for this I find it not only dirty but frustrating because of all the people milling around.

I think 2,500/month is obscene for a place like this, but unfortunately there's little choice.

Fitness Thailand is 200 baht a work out....Don't know monthly prices...Staff there also spend most their time looking up their facebook page or squeezing pimples in mirrors....

Music is early 90's trance...duff...krap....hasn't changed in gyms for a million years it seems...

Way too loud too ...which I told them last time...

Feed back is important...

Wow!

That is a price increase, I believe it was around 750-800 baht per month when I went there 4 years ago....

Isn't the name Green Hills? If it's the place I'm thinking of the gym is small but the saltwater pool is nice, large enough for lap swimming, and, on the one occasion I visited, not too crowded.

Yes-sorry. I suspect you are right. I am never sure without checking if it is Greenhills or Greenside. Alzheimer- lite maybe.....