Thai Army chief denies knowing anonymous armed fighters helping protesters

webfact

Of course he does not know. He has been so inept in protecting the people and the 'institutions'.

Are you referencing the fact that he did not step in to do police work?

He is a cautious, and admirable, man. He has evaded a coup, so far, as it hasn't been necessary.

I'd say he's been outstanding, in contrast to 'inept', as you put it.

He's anything but admirable, unless your standards are inestimably low.

This is the man who denies his troops shot anybody in 2010.

More of your absolute bull sh!t. General Prayuth Chan-ocha become Army chief in October 2010 after the convicted fugitive criminal Thaksin's treacherous attack on Bangkok. More Red bull sh!t from you.

Once more with the idiotic accusations of lying.

Do not call me a liar without checking very very carefully.

Read this

http://www.hrw.org/news/2012/08/23/thailand-army-chief-interfering-investigations

and then come back and post an apology. Prat.

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay so we have a full frontal picture (Bangkok post) of one of the men in black (without a covered face) and nobody can identify him? At Lak Si the men in black moved through the military lines to shoot at the red shirts and no one tried to stop them ? In 2010 the men in black was seen entering an army camp by a number of people. Don't worry we believe in santa.

"He said nobody knew details of the armed group but would like all relevant government agencies to investigate and collect all evidenced for clarity."

So that once it is collected, it can be summarily destroyed.

"He said what they spoke was just a hearsay with nobody having clear information, adding that such hearsay would only confuse the public and undermine peace."

Anyone who doesn't have proof positive of what really happened (ie, everyone in the universe) should not comment. Not shutting up about this threatens peace.

General, be a man. Show that you're master of your domain & take responsibility the Thai way - at least allude to the fact that it was the army (what in the **** else could men in black - the same ones who topped Seh Daeng - be under the jurisdiction of?) by saying something to the effect of "Some elite units may have been in plainclothes or otherwise in order to contain the violence [even though they actually instigated it, but we appreciate the need for that sort of diplomacy]"

"He said he was concerned about the use of war weapon and would like all sides to follow the process of law."

Same thing Ban Ki-Moon says when war breaks out in some African sh!thole. Might as well wish for Jao Mae Guan Im to deliver 500,000 unicorns to Bangkokian schoolchildren.

Check out www.nytimes. com,

I know you will most likely be one of those yellows that saw the policeman drop the grenade!

Anyone but an idiot can see it hit the policemans shield as soon as he place it on the flank of the line, had not the policeman that called him over to fill that hole in the sheildline, great thinking save policeman's lives that day, and is the type of man that should be respected (because he earned respect)!

Cheers

So how do you know it was a 'yellow' that threw the grenade and not a governments sponsored provocateur?

You don't.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The direction it was thrown in at came directly from the armed men who were mingling with the protesters. Seems people who were there are pretty sure it came from the protesters, anyway. Democrat Spokeswoman Mallika is putting out a theory that police threw it themselves and it bounced back off a tent though. I guess if you try hard enough, you could convince yourself of that. But the consensus amongst journalists seems to be that police went there, were attacked with guns shots and this grenade, then returned fire heavily and excessively, shooting at unarmed protesters, not just the militants. Not much different from 2010 in that respect.

Also seems that those who criticized the reds for advancing conspiracy theories about 'provocateurs' in 2010 (Kok Wua, Silom grenade etc) are doing the same now when the evidence is just as clear if not clearer as to who's responsible. Needless to say it's not particularly surprising...

" He said what they spoke was just a hearsay with nobody having clear information, adding that such hearsay would only confuse the public and undermine peace. "

Indeed, that is what it has done. And unfortunately, why it is likely to continue. The administration is desperate to have a spin that will allow them to crack down on the protesters. The police are loyal advocates to the administration's point of view. That's a dangerous combination. And to have Thaksin's long-time ally, Chalerm, at the head of it is very troubling indeed. Chalerm's attempt to strong-arm the Civil Court on national television will be viewed historically as a treacherous act. And completely unprecedented.

I'm not really sure they need to 'spin' that the protesters have armed men in amongst them who have used deadly force against police. That much is as clear as can be. However, that doesn't necessarily mean a crackdown is the correct way to proceed - in fact it means it's certain to lead to more deaths and injuries. Obviously a negotiated solution is far preferable to that but is Suthep willing to back down and come to the table (though I think the amaat are still negotiating with the govt on behalf of the protesters, just they don't seem to be offering the govt anything but a 'neutral' PM and I'm not really sure it's possible to find someone neutral in this climate).

For a precedent to Chalerm's questioning of the court decision (and how could he not question it when they said the demonstrators are peaceful and not armed etc - clearly not the case), look no further than Suthep's questioning of the same court's decision in 2010 when it appeared they'd ruled out a crackdown on the red shirts. Upon later clarification, they actually said that a crackdown was justified as reds had blocked traffic and disturbed people's livelihoods, so no appeal by Suthep and CRES was necessary.

"He said nobody knew details of the armed group but would like all relevant government agencies to investigate and collect all evidenced for clarity."

"He said what they spoke was just a hearsay with nobody having clear information, adding that such hearsay would only confuse the public and undermine peace."

Anyone who doesn't have proof positive of what really happened (ie, everyone in the universe) should not comment. Not shutting up about this threatens peace.

General, be a man. Show that you're master of your domain & take responsibility the Thai way - at least allude to the fact that it was the army (what in the **** else could men in black - the same ones who topped Seh Daeng - be under the jurisdiction of?) by saying something to the effect of "Some elite units may have been in plainclothes or otherwise in order to contain the violence [even though they actually instigated it, but we appreciate the need for that sort of diplomacy]"

"He said he was concerned about the use of war weapon and would like all sides to follow the process of law."

Same thing Ban Ki-Moon says when war breaks out in some African sh!thole. Might as well wish for Jao Mae Guan Im to deliver 500,000 unicorns to Bangkokian schoolchildren.

I know you will most likely be one of those yellows that saw the policeman drop the grenade!

Anyone but an idiot can see it hit the policemans shield as soon as he place it on the flank of the line, had not the policeman that called him over to fill that hole in the sheildline, great thinking save policeman's lives that day, and is the type of man that should be respected (because he earned respect)!

Cheers

I saw it in great detail. The closed shields. The opening and the bomb dropped but not rolling where it was supposed to.The cop dropped the bomb and blew his foot up. What is wrong with you?

Cheers

So how do you know it was a 'yellow' that threw the grenade and not a governments sponsored provocateur?

You don't.

The direction it was thrown in at came directly from the armed men who were mingling with the protesters. Seems people who were there are pretty sure it came from the protesters, anyway. Democrat Spokeswoman Mallika is putting out a theory that police threw it themselves and it bounced back off a tent though. I guess if you try hard enough, you could convince yourself of that. But the consensus amongst journalists seems to be that police went there, were attacked with guns shots and this grenade, then returned fire heavily and excessively, shooting at unarmed protesters, not just the militants. Not much different from 2010 in that respect.

Also seems that those who criticized the reds for advancing conspiracy theories about 'provocateurs' in 2010 (Kok Wua, Silom grenade etc) are doing the same now when the evidence is just as clear if not clearer as to who's responsible. Needless to say it's not particularly surprising...

Would you expect a governments sponsored provocateur to throw the grenade from police lines?

The 2010 provocateurs were not a conspiracy, their actions were well documented.

You have no idea who the bomb thrower was working for.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

I ask again are there ACTUALLY ANY pictures or videos of these armed anti government people??? If yes. Kindly post. If NO.. how is that possible!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They have been on the front page of every newspaper, website in Thailand for the past week, and many of the international newspapers. Just from the top of my head there is one of them lying on the ground with shooting a handgun with a green arm band, and the famous popcorn shooter. Where do you live if you are interested in the current situation and you have not seen any of these, you must have the internet. I am not commenting on rights or wrongs of this whole situation, but i cant quite understand for someone who is interested in it, has failed to see the various pictures that are published in 90% of media outlets globally!

I ask again are there ACTUALLY ANY pictures or videos of these armed anti government people??? If yes. Kindly post. If NO.. how is that possible!

They have been on the front page of every newspaper, website in Thailand for the past week, and many of the international newspapers. Just from the top of my head there is one of them lying on the ground with shooting a handgun with a green arm band, and the famous popcorn shooter. Where do you live if you are interested in the current situation and you have not seen any of these, you must have the internet. I am not commenting on rights or wrongs of this whole situation, but i cant quite understand for someone who is interested in it, has failed to see the various pictures that are published in 90% of media outlets globally!

No Smutcakes. i was referring to the Police action on the 18th February. Not the one off photo op with the popcorn shooter on the 1st which should be pretty clear as i'm in a thread with this "BANGKOK: -- Army commander-in-Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha today denied any knowledge of anonymous armed fighters helping anti-government protesters to retaliate anti-riot police during a brief battle at Pan Fah bridge on Ratchadamnoen Avenue Tuesday." the opening lines.. no?

So to rephrase for those with reading difficulties.

Are there ANY pictures or videos of the anti government "men in black" armed gunmen from the brief battle at Pan Fah bridge on Ratchadamnoen Avenue Bangkok on Tuesday 18th February 2014.

cheers

Cheers

I saw it in great detail. The closed shields. The opening and the bomb dropped but not rolling where it was supposed to.The cop dropped the bomb and blew his foot up. What is wrong with you?

You are way out of line there mudcrab.

The grenade came in low and not particularly hard, hit the shield and dropped almost straight down.

That would appear to mean it was possibly thrown underhand from fairly close range, this could explain why no one saw it thrown. I haven't heard that anyone did.

If someone had stood up and thrown it baseball style or, as we were taught way back then ,with an over arm action then they should have been easily seen by not only the police but the protesters and it would have hit with more force and bounced farther back

It was the same type of grenade that was hung on the gate of one of the protest leaders not long ago, if that means anything.

http://vimeo.com/86981734

That is the link to the first video that was posted on facebook before it hit the mainstream media, so no photoshop.

• Like 1

Cheers

You don't.

Please enlighten us to your Government sponsored provocateur!

Did he happened to be dressed as a Protester, prior to the grenade explosion another video showed the protesters running up and throwing every thing they could get their hands on at the police chairs, boards and most likely a couple of whistles, there was a significant empty area between the protesters and the police, the grenade came from the direction of the protesters.

As the protesters greatly outnumber the police it stands to reason that 99.99% chance the grenade thrower was a protester and a .oo1% chance it was mickey mouse!

Cheers

The General is correct about letting due process of law take place. Civilian (in the lack of any contradictory information) use of any weapons against civilians including police is a civil matter and not a military matter regardless of whether weapons are military grade. If the police investigation proves the attackers to be military, then he has the direct responsibility to investigate and bring the perpetrators to military justice. His stated position is perfectly in line with how the military is organized in Thailand. It does not come under civilian control as in democratic countries and so it operates independently of the government.

Cheers

You don't.

Please enlighten us to your Government sponsored provocateur!

Did he happened to be dressed as a Protester, prior to the grenade explosion another video showed the protesters running up and throwing every thing they could get their hands on at the police chairs, boards and most likely a couple of whistles, there was a significant empty area between the protesters and the police, the grenade came from the direction of the protesters.

As the protesters greatly outnumber the police it stands to reason that 99.99% chance the grenade thrower was a protester and a .oo1% chance it was mickey mouse!

Cheers

Do you seriously expect a government sponsored provocateur to dress like a police officer? Engage your brain.

You are assuming that the thrower was a protester based solely on the fact that the grenade appears to have been thrown from the protesters line and the apparent thrower was not dressed like a police officer.

Was it a simple punitive attack by protesters on police? Was it an element of the government trying to make the protesters look like armed thugs as an excuse to adopt harsher measures? Was it an element of the protesters trying to provoke a bloody crackdown from the police and trigger a coup?

You don't know. You have no facts, only speculation. However, as a result of this the police are now understandably but predictably demanding weapons.

Unless you're being sarcastic, you're really, really not paying attention. Maybe another read of my post will help.

I looked at NYTimes, no stories relevant with video. Only 'court limits crackdown', 'TH economic growth cools' & 'police push back'

If you don't want to post the link here, PM me.

Maybe you can work this out I could not! I downloaded from CNN news site,wednesday I believe, The video is just one part of the breaking news.

It is on You Tube Title: ( Camera Catches attack on Bangkok cops) CNN news

Two lady reporters on the video states (Thai Protests turn deadly) gunfire broke out as police tried to reclaim govt. buildings Video length 4.48 minutes.

Hope you can pull it up

I just pulled it up You Tube "Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops, CNN news"

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Evidence suggests it's these guys:
post-199953-0-89334000-1392736460_thumb.

The picture comes from their Facebook page here, where they call themselves the 'Anonymous Army' in English, but the Thai words are more like 'Anonymous Battallion':

https://www.facebook.com/AnonymousArmy

The history copy of their group photo is here:

http://fposts.com/fbpost/412682772176554_475220612589436

It was taken at this location (link to street view) next to Democracy monument at bridge, back around December 3rd:

These black bandana people have been seen repeatedly in this attack:

e.g. when the tyres were slashed:

post-199953-0-82684600-1392735262_thumb.
The 'witness' they claimed said the police dropped the hand grenade when trying to throw it has one (and had a police uniform in his hand!) had one
post-199953-0-78893100-1392736360_thumb.
The man holding up the cartridges had one
post-199953-0-48533200-1392805385_thumb.

IMHO, they're all part of the same popcorn group.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Good grief, no one wants a coup. For one thing the economy could not bear the 30% increase in the military's budget that followed the last one. At least the military got some good use for the money like the IT2000 devices

This is one of those statistics that needs to be put in perspective. 30% sounds like a lot but in terms of GDP expenditure on defence Thailand had been falling for many years and was significantly lower than other countries in the region. It was an adjustment (and possibly also a reaction to an increasingly assertive China).

I'm not going to suggest that it was widely spent.

Spot on, it actually was widely, rather than wisely, spent.

Nice Freudian.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

Cheers

You don't.

Check out (You Tube) Type (Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops)

a number of other video immediately before the attack and after the explosion, the CNN cameraman was filming at the rear of the police line,!

No gun firing after the police were attacked from the officers with shields .after the grenade attack 6-8 policemen with shotgun returned all the firing of that group!

Cheers

Posts containing Thai language have been removed. This is the English language side of the forum, English language is the only acceptable language. If you want to post using Thai language, you can do that in the Thai language forum.

There is no need for the usage of bold font in posts for emphasis.

Cheers

There is one born every minute, did you have your eyes open, every one else in the world saw the grenade thrown and hit the policeman shield that just moved into cover the shield lines flank,

You must be a joke ,if it was not such a serious issue, I would 5555 in your face, but I won't!

Cheers

Cheers

There is one born every minute, did you have your eyes open, every one else in the world saw the grenade thrown and hit the policeman shield that just moved into cover the shield lines flank,

You must be a joke ,if it was not such a serious issue, I would 5555 in your face, but I won't!

Cheers

You saw the grenade thrown.. excellent ..please post a picture or video of the thrower!

Thanks!

The picture comes from their Facebook page here, where they call themselves the 'Anonymous Army' in English, but the Thai words are more like 'Anonymous Battallion':

It was taken at this location (link to street view) next to Democracy monument at bridge, back around December 3rd:

The 'witness' they claimed said the police dropped the hand grenade when trying to throw it has one (and had a police uniform in his hand!) had one

Thank you That is so really great info,

on the grenade every yellow in Thailand can lied and get away with it because the court will believe them, Charerm had a great Idea to invite the media, the western media is showing the grenade explosion and it speaks for itself, the protesters threw it.

Cheers

post-199953-0-82684600-1392735262_thumb.

post-199953-0-78893100-1392736360_thumb.

post-199953-0-48533200-1392805385_thumb.

You can see from this video the black flags and insignia of that group. This officer was arrested in November, but his group lives on it seems!

Quote Causalbiker

You saw the grenade thrown.. excellent ..please post a picture or video of the thrower!

Thanks!

kikoman

I already posted the video I mentioned! (you tube) (Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops CNN news) It is there today , do not ask for it again tomorrow!!

Kindly post your documentation where I ever said I saw the Grenade Thrower, there you go with your misrepresenting facts again! If you can not prove you posted contention, i will never respond personally to any of your misrepresentation, I may answer with a who ever it may concern post.

If you have any documentation that shows otherwise post it, now or is your version not documentable like everything else you post!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Quote Causalbiker

Thanks!

kikoman

I already posted the video I mentioned! (you tube) (Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops CNN news) It is there today , do not ask for it again tomorrow!!

Kindly post your documentation where I ever said I saw the Grenade Thrower, there you go with your misrepresenting facts again! If you can prove you posted contention, i will never respond personally to any of your misrepresentation, I may answer with a who ever it may concern post.

If you have any documentation that shows otherwise post it, now or is your version not documentable like everything else you post!

Cheers

Kiko..

I asked were was your picture or video of the protester throwing the grenade because you wrote this " western media is showing the grenade explosion and it speaks for itself, the protesters threw it."

I understand that English is not your first language. But you stipulated as fact that the protesters threw the grenade!

Can you or anyone show a picture or video of ANY protestors with guns shooting at or throwing grenades at the police on February 18th?

Edited by casualbiker

You can see

the black flags and insignia of that group. This officer was arrested in November, but his group lives on it seems!

BNC. A link to the ALLEGED Army officers arrest please!

Quote Causalbiker

Thanks!

kikoman

Kindly post your documentation where I ever said I saw the Grenade Thrower, there you go with your misrepresenting facts again! If you can not prove you posted contention, i will never respond personally to any of your misrepresentation, I may answer with a who ever it may concern post.

Cheers

must ignore casual biker and the rest of the trolls. really. they'll just run to a teacher and cry about you when you prove them wrong.

The vids all out there and if people want to live in ignorance, let them.

If they want to know more, there is the internet available to them.

Quote Causalbiker

Thanks!

kikoman

Cheers

must ignore casual biker and the rest of the trolls. really. they'll just run to a teacher and cry about you when you prove them wrong.

The vids all out there and if people want to live in ignorance, let them.

If they want to know more, there is the internet available to them.

OK. Again post ANY pictures or videos of anti government protestors shooting or throwing grenades at the police on 18th February ... yes. No?

I have been asking for 2 days now.. nothing. Nada. Zilch

Edited by casualbiker

post-199953-0-82684600-1392735262_thumb.post-199953-0-78893100-1392736360_thumb.post-199953-0-48533200-1392805385_thumb.

1. When the tyres were slashed.

2. The 'witness' they claimed said the police dropped the hand grenade when trying to throw it has one (and had a police uniform in his hand!)

3. The man holding up the cartridges had one

You can see from this video the black flags and insignia of that group. This officer Captain ChurnChuPun was arrested in November, but his group lives on it seems!

The description of the picture posted on the facebook history page is "Seh Oud Salutes Seals from Ratchasid in Pan Fah" indicating that the men in this picture are Navy seals from Ratchasid:

Seh Oud was recruiting with Captain ChurnChuPun back in August 2013 for this 'anonymous army' operation:

25. August 2013 "Seh Oud " visits southern Yala to raise people for the "Anonymous Army" against the Thaksin regime. Before the establishment of the battalion flag he hoped to recruit at least 300 people across the country. (link)

And Captain ChurnChuPun was recruiting as far back as July 17th (link) for this anti Thaksinocracy army as he puts it.

So they've been planning the military part since July 2013 way before Suthep raised his mob. Unfortunately for them, as they go around recruiting, the news channels video it, and people record it all on their cellphones and post it to youtube and Facebook.

Even in Yala down south, they get videod!

So there's a trail of bread crumbs to follow to see what they were up to.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

This is what I love about social media.

There are now names and faces for most of the people involved with PDRC on the guns side. pantip is showing the same as Bluenose codger is saying so these names and pics are right out there now in the mainstream social media.

This is what makes a coup so hard now, there is just too much information out there that the forces and elites don't want out there.

Well done mate and keep up the good work.

As there are names for these people, i am sure they will not be running free for ever.

Next up, these faces are doing the rounds of twitter and pantip

BhA-DmtCMAAZki_.jpg

Edited by Patpending