Samsung Galaxy Note Pro (12.2-Inch Display) Availability date

WorriedNoodle

I read this Samsung tablet does more windows than a Windows tablet? Anyway I note Invade IT now has it on their web site, so I'll probably get one.

Don't believe everything you have read. Android can never surpass windows in productivity applications, which is the purpose of this tablet.

I won't use a windows tablet instead of an ipad but if I'm going to pay over 650 usd and go for 12" screen, windows tablet hybrids much better choice.

Reviews of the Pro's are now starting to appear on the i-net.

One writes the 12.2" feels sort of flimsy and the whole case twist easily and is very expensive for what you get and they also conclude as poster muratremix that you can get a good ultra book for your 750US$.

I will be interested in the 8.4" though.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-pro-12.2-android-tablet,26094.html

Thinking of going for the 10.1 Note now as the 12.2 is pricey and the specs look bloated with a full office suite. Android windows only with Android windows compatible apps (I think?) turns me off a bit - if only all my apps would work?.

Unless you absolutely need that stupid pen, Note 10.1 is expensive iPad wannabe, comes with very low resolution aswell.

Why not cheaper Asus T100? Its available for 12990 to 14990 baht in Thailand, comes with full keyboard (detachable) and touch screen windows 8.1 on a quadcore intel bay trail cpu. In future they might make android x86 for this device, or you can use it via emulator (bluestacks) on your desktop.

14,990 baht model also has 500gb harddrive in keyboard dock so you get enough space.

Galaxy Note 10.1 or Note pro series are just too expensive and offers nothing but android on an Arm cpu. They are not fast and reliable as iPads either.

Thinking of going for the 10.1 Note now as the 12.2 is pricey and the specs look bloated with a full office suite. Android windows only with Android windows compatible apps (I think?) turns me off a bit - if only all my apps would work?.

Unless you absolutely need that stupid pen, Note 10.1 is expensive iPad wannabe, comes with very low resolution aswell.

You have some interesting points but there are different consumer needs. I don't need a Windows tablet or ultrabook, because I do all my productivity on a 17 inch Windows laptop I must carry everywhere. That is non negotiable on my part. There is no way way I am using any Apple stuff, as all my work is done with Windows synced to Android devices and apps. Cannot change that either as it is part of my life/job and works well.

I am confused by your comment "comes with very low resolution aswell" as I understand the Note Pro 10.1 to be 2560-by-1600 which at 299 ppi makes it one of the highest resolutions on market right now unless I am wrong or are there different resolution models I wonder?

You have some interesting points but there are different consumer needs. I don't need a Windows tablet or ultrabook, because I do all my productivity on a 17 inch Windows laptop I must carry everywhere. That is non negotiable on my part. There is no way way I am using any Apple stuff, as all my work is done with Windows synced to Android devices and apps. Cannot change that either as it is part of my life/job and works well.

I am confused by your comment "comes with very low resolution aswell" as I understand the Note Pro 10.1 to be 2560-by-1600 which at 299 ppi makes it one of the highest resolutions on market right now unless I am wrong or are there different resolution models I wonder?

You said Note 10.1, not Note 10.1 2014 edition (high res) or Pro 10.1. Note 10.1 was low res despite the fact that Apple released 2 high res ipads before it, Samsung was just too late.

So you just want to browse net and read some books, why you need tablet with Pen then?

I wouldn't recommend windows tablet/hybrid unless one needs to use productivity software or desktop software.

However, Samsung pro series is full of crap. They offer nothing new, only high res screens (2 years too late Samsung!) and last gen cpu. No 64 bit newer cpu, no innovative features, just old hardware (with new screen) at high price.

If it was sold for 300-400-500 usd range, then I would shut up. But it isn't.

I've got a 10.1 2014 edition. I guess you could say that it is an off season clear off the spare parts shelf model, but it is a nice bit of kit. I only hope that they improve the s-note application to include full screen sheet of paper to facilitate better school note taking capacities. The idea of a third of a page per screen is stupid to say the least.

I figure that I won't need to be interested in another tablet for at least 2 or 3 years.

• Like 1

If you want a good android tablet, take a good look at the Nexus tablets by google. WAY better than anything Samsung puts out.

I have the 7" (2013 edition, not the original) and it is very good. It also has a 1920x1200 display.

Edited by WhizBang

I've got a 10.1 2014 edition. I guess you could say that it is an off season clear off the spare parts shelf model, but it is a nice bit of kit. I only hope that they improve the s-note application to include full screen sheet of paper to facilitate better school note taking capacities. The idea of a third of a page per screen is stupid to say the least.

The version of SNote I have allows me to right from one edge of screen to other, on an old Note 2. I notice on Youtube its the same on a 10.1.2014?

If you want a good android tablet, take a good look at the Nexus tablets by google. WAY better than anything Samsung puts out.

I have the 7" (2013 edition, not the original) and it is very good. It also has a 1920x1200 display.

Did you get that in Thailand? Where and what was the cost?

Apple fan boys?

Everybody knew there was an iPad pro was coming when Apple changed iPad name to iPad Air. Samsung copied pro name as it is generic and can't be trademarked and released their own tablets based on phone cpu (snapdragon 800) with a fancy user interface but nothing new. No 64 bit computing, no real desktop operating system, just tablet with office applications built-in.

And they are asking over 650 bucks for this? It goes up to 850 usd if I'm not mistaken.

When Apple release iPad Pro, if it comes with some mac os x features and ability to run some mac applications that is ported from mac to ipad easily, then it will be real pro tablet with real 64 bit customized cpu.

You know Apple A7 dualcore 64 bit cpu beats all other arm cpus (in android) in almost every test right?

No SD card, no buy. Simple. I could to an otg rig to use an SD card, and I do use one for back-ups on the note 3 and my s4 phone, I just want the additional slot thank-you very much.

The version of SNote I have allows me to right from one edge of screen to other, on an old Note 2. I notice on Youtube its the same on a 10.1.2014?

That's in landscape mode right? I want to get a full sheet size like a note pad of paper in portrait mode. It's be so much easier for taking notes by hand.

That's in landscape mode right? I want to get a full sheet size like a note pad of paper in portrait mode. It's be so much easier for taking notes by hand.

On my Note2 it gives a full page in portrait mode, but in landscape screen orientation I can only get it to show a portrait mode with blanks each side and need to scroll up/down page. The way I understand you its the opposite on the Note 10.1?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got my hands on a Note 10.1 2014 and the Snote allows a full-screen portrait option (3rd row down in attached). Cannot say I use it much myself, prefer Evernote.

post-21581-0-09517600-1394003796_thumb.j

FWIW, I saw a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 3G (I think it had 32 GB) in a Samsung Shop in Central Rama 9 yesterday; price is 29,900. Seems like a nice unit.

It better be at that price, too much for what you get in my opinion.

For 29,900 you can get a very nice 13.3 Lenovo, Acer or ASUS notebook!

You can get a nice notebook + nexus 7 tablet

or a normal laptop + tablet/notebook hybrid (asus t100ta in this case)

Samsung asks too much for something can do very little. Office apps on Android? No thank you.