New Lotus C-01 Ready For Orders

moe666

Very futuristic

lotus-motorcycle-c-01-28.jpg

Funny enough I was thinking straight out of the movie Tron then saw this article saying the same. smile.pngDailymail

Tron's light cycle becomes REAL: Lotus reveal plan to built its first motorcycle based on the sci-fi design
  • Lotus worked with the designer of the famus Tron lightcycle from the hit film
  • Only 100 bikes will be made - and Lotus has refused to reveal how much they will cost
  • Like 2

Looks cool & slippery.

As such the wife might keep sliding off that tail not to mention all the mud that might fly onto her back or worse

rubber burns smile.png

On a side note...How has something so futuristic come with retro style rear suspension?

Heheh makes one wonder what kind of forks are under those covers whistling.gif

Edited by mania

Looks cool & slippery.

As such the wife might keep sliding off that tail not to mention all the mud that might fly onto her back or worse

rubber burns smile.png

On a side note...How has something so futuristic come with retro style rear suspension?

Heheh makes one wonder what kind of forks are under those covers whistling.gif

I believe in the article they said inverted front forks

• Like 1

Can anyone explain to me how that tyre tread pattern works, it must pull the water in to the middle of the tyre as opposed to taking it from the centre outwards.

You will find that on any wheel the water will tend to leave the tire irrespective of the thread pattern, due to the centrifugal force being much bigger that whatever resistance a pattern can oppose.

The pattern has more relevance to traction, ply stress and other considerations.

I missing the comment that Lotus is owned by Malaysian Proton and that Proton had a relation with JRD (if only for the manufacturing of some alloy-magnesium/aluminum wheels. OF course I not want downgrade a manufacturer... but seriously...what different?

Looks awesome and they're pretty much guaranteed to sell all 100 regardless of price tag.

Somehow I don't think it's supposed to be a practical day to day vehicle though Familyonthemove said that much better than me already ;)

Somebody asked me recently why my bike doesn't have an electric windshield that only comes out on demand / at speed. This bike might implement that idea given the presumably exorbitant price. And yeah why don't bikes have that?