Mason Jars in Chiang Mai

nivram4491

I was at Rimping Meechok today and they had ball jars, but very, very large ones.

Makro has a reasonable supply and varieties of sizes, also.

you might also check Home Pro. I've seen them there, from time to time.

Thanks. I found some jars at Makro Hang Dong that will do the job. They do not have screw tops but a clamping system that does the job, similar to the one shown below.

And I thought I knew every thing that is in Makro. I have been in that area upstairs many times but have never laid eyes on the jars before.

post-99062-0-61807500-1393156433_thumb.j

• 5 years later...
On 2/23/2014 at 6:55 PM, nivram4491 said:

Thanks. I found some jars at Makro Hang Dong that will do the job. They do not have screw tops but a clamping system that does the job, similar to the one shown below.

And I thought I knew every thing that is in Makro. I have been in that area upstairs many times but have never laid eyes on the jars before.

N

On 2/23/2014 at 6:55 PM, nivram4491 said:

That’s not a canning jar. 

It really hard to buy the real ones when in the US you can get them for less than a dollar each.  Here they are about a hundred baht for the small ones.

Yok bakery does have local ones you can use for canning not so expensive but not the quart size.

Edited by THAIJAMES

57 minutes ago, THAIJAMES said:

It really hard to buy the real ones when in the US you can get them for less than a dollar each.  Here they are about a hundred baht for the small ones.

Yok bakery does have local ones you can use for canning not so expensive but not the quart size.

Yes and 120 for a quart size.  Thing is the lids should only be used a few times.  Lazada sells them for about the same as a jar.   They don’t weigh much so I ordered from Amazon in bulk.  

On 4/11/2019 at 10:28 PM, moontang said:

Central has some good ones....also seen some chinese quality ones at the 20 thb stores along Suthep, by CMU, above the canal rd..

Is that Central Kad Suen Kaew? Central Airport Plaza? Or Central Festival Mall?