Thai protesters warned of harsh action, move to invoke new emergency decree

webfact

So for all the comments above , intruding / tresspassing is not a criminal offence in your country's ? try to be a little honoust , even for who ever you are supporting ...a little fair play in this "Thai soap game"

Seems to me like you don't know the law's to well mister .... CAMPO is a public institution ... and a public building with public grounds allows any THAI person to step on that ground as he pleases ... only the fact that can remain on they're position without throwing a stone is enough for the building to have no one to step in or out due the high number of persons that can stop the traffic .

The thai constitution says freedom to assemble on public grounds

So at a legal standpoint the protesters are within their rights. Even if we dont agree and we would call it trespass. It isnt!

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarit Pengdith, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) director general and CMPO member, said the authorities would slap criminal charges against protesters who invade the CMPO office.

I don't think Tarit understands yet, when the government falls, very very soon, he isn't going to have a job, and i really wouldn't want to be him.

• Like 1

An emergency decree should be in place. The revocation by the courts was just part of the covert power play to discredit the government. What nation would allow the squalid protesters to remain on their streets if it was not serving the purposes of the men with very long names?

Shinawatra is damn long name if you ask me!

• Like 1

An emergency decree should be in place. The revocation by the courts was just part of the covert power play to discredit the government. What nation would allow the squalid protesters to remain on their streets if it was not serving the purposes of the men with very long names?

What you fail to understand here that "this only the caretaker government" and they don't have the powers normal government has. Got it?wai2.gif

• Like 1

You are right of course, what you're saying would go without saying anywhere there is a rule of law and the agencies of government were doing their jobs instead of marshaling and orchestrating an obscenely obvious judicial coup attempt through efforts to cripple the elected government outright or frustrating the resolution of the caretaker government status and returning the country to a government fully capable of taking care of the affairs of State. From yesterday you have on display a country's Civil Court pandering outright to a street mob whose stated goal is overturning an elected government.

Refreshing to see today that the government has good legal advice and is capable and willing to turn the tables in a legal maneuver when necessary on it's skulking opposition.

• Like 2

So blocking acces and destroying that same public (govermental) property , is allowed , same as preventing to go to vote ...... i am astonished to see your thinking ... but i understand you like anarchy ... do not worry it seems it is coming

as a minority can never control a majority ...

The police are entitled to enforce any criminal statutes that are violated. However, they cannot interfere with the right of protest, which means the assemblies, marches and speeches. What CMPO doesn't get is that the SOE grants them no additional authority. That is because the 1997 Constitution which created the PM's authority to issue an SOE was only meant to protect national security in conditions of war or substantial acts of terrorism. While the PM is free to invoke an SOE in lesser conditions, in reality, it gives the government no additional powers. Issuing a new SOE will accomplish nothing. In fact, in more enlightened legal systems, the government would be sanctioned (penalized) for doing it. The PDRC will bring an injunction and it will be granted.

What the Courts have missed out is that this right to protest they enshrine means UDD and Pro Gov organisations can just picket and occupy the courts and prevent them working in the same manner.

Only a few agree with this ruling and the only good thing from it was that it exposed once more where the loyalties of courts (along with media) lay.

They can rule all they want, but if they are bad laws and descisions they wil be called out. Bit like the Amnesty bill and the rice scheme.

I'm sure the courts did not expect protesteres turning up on their doorstep... what will they do? shout for help from the Police lol or from the army who are playing games at Cobra Gold.

• Like 2

The thai civil court and thai Supreme Court said the protestors were peaceful .

The International BBC, CNN, Reuters courts showed the protestors were armed to the teeth.

Who got it wrong?

When did " The International BBC, CNN, Reuters courts showed the protestors were armed to the teeth."

I'm interested in the reference armed to their teeth. As all the protestors or a very small minority, who just happened to show that in front of about 30 + cameras?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So blocking acces and destroying that same public (govermental) property , is allowed , same as preventing to go to vote ...... i am astonished to see your thinking ... but i understand you like anarchy ... do not worry it seems it is coming

as a minority can never control a majority ...

The police are entitled to enforce any criminal statutes that are violated. However, they cannot interfere with the right of protest, which means the assemblies, marches and speeches. What CMPO doesn't get is that the SOE grants them no additional authority. That is because the 1997 Constitution which created the PM's authority to issue an SOE was only meant to protect national security in conditions of war or substantial acts of terrorism. While the PM is free to invoke an SOE in lesser conditions, in reality, it gives the government no additional powers. Issuing a new SOE will accomplish nothing. In fact, in more enlightened legal systems, the government would be sanctioned (penalized) for doing it. The PDRC will bring an injunction and it will be granted.

What the Courts have missed out is that this right to protest they enshrine means UDD and Pro Gov organisations can just picket and occupy the courts and prevent them working in the same manner.

Only a few agree with this ruling and the only good thing from it was that it exposed once more where the loyalties of courts (along with media) lay.

They can rule all they want, but if they are bad laws and descisions they wil be called out. Bit like the Amnesty bill and the rice scheme.

I'm sure the courts did not expect protesteres turning up on their doorstep... what will they do? shout for help from the Police lol or from the army who are playing games at Cobra Gold.

If they are protesting peacefully they would ask the police to ensure that .... it is the police's job after all.

The court haven't affected the police ability in anyway. If crimes are committed the police can act.

The International BBC, CNN, Reuters courts showed the protestors were armed to the teeth.

Who got it wrong?

When did " The International BBC, CNN, Reuters courts showed the protestors were armed to the teeth."

I'm interested in the reference armed to their teeth. As all the protestors or a very small minority, who just happened to show that in front of about 30 + cameras?

More worrying is the fact that he/she thinks BBC, CNN and Reuters are courts!!

" In case of violence, the government may resort to the third step by revoking the present emergency decree and invoking a new one to allow the authorities to deal with protesters without having to abide by the Civil Court’s nine-point order.The court’s order would become invalid when the present emergency decree is revoked, he said, adding that caretaker Cabinet would be asked to declare a new state of emergency, if necessary. "

This is what Pheu Thai does in its spare time - invent new laws that would retroactively crush previous ones. This is how they view the justice system. They don't like what the Civil Court has done - fine - they'll just issue another emergency decree, that's all. And then what happens when the Civil Court again imposes those restrictions - invoke another decree ? Since the Civil Court gave its nine point ruling two days ago, the pattern of the administration is simply to go their own way and invent their own rules. It's abundantly clear at this point from this contempt of court stance that Chalerm has every intention of doing what he wants to do - regardless as to what anyone says. But the fact that the tactics have changed so dramatically in the last two days suggests not only instability but a reckless, daily improvisation. These are Thaksin signature tactics. After the Civil Court gave its order, Chalerm immediately emerged from the shadows to boldly and confidently claim that nothing had changed, and none of CMPO's powers had been clipped or altered in any way by the ruling. The next day, Chalerm made an about-face and appeared on national television with a grim expression and asked the Civil Court to explain itself, and told them he had provided many " favours " to them in the past ( whatever that was supposed to mean or imply ) and that the ruling tied his hands. And now this. Forget the self-possessed confident proclamations. Forget the Ed Sullivan on a prune diet routine. Just tear up the whole decree and issue a new one. So there. That's Pheu Thai. But it's also the police hierarchy, who have similarly followed suit and got on the lets-beat-up-on-the-Civil Court bandwagon. This is truly terrifying. Pheu Thai is now determined to impose power regardless as to what the justice system says. If these machinations lead to a full-fletched armed police assault on the protest movement - which has been affirmed as constitutional by both the Constitutional Court and the Civil Court - it will plunge the situation into an utter headspin, making the possibility of intervention by the army much more feasible.

Notwithstanding the soldiers or Navy Seals who appear when ever the police try to clear the protests sites, the army will not intervene. The Generals know it will very likely result in civil war. Those who desire a coup really need to wake up and think the consequences through.

Who got it wrong?

More worrying is the fact that he/she thinks BBC, CNN and Reuters are courts!!

They are Courts of public opinion and the media, espescially social media could set in motion big changes here.

The Coup have had a massive helping hand during the past month, but there are credibility levels that even some elite thais dont want to cross

Try entering the army HQ on Vibvahadi using that line of argument and see how you get on with that.
And we speak about public affiliated buildings and grounds ... and there you go pushing it to the army level ...if you wanna play that way remember the as the army of Thailand doesn't get pushed in the middle they will not chose sides ...by the way ... army is made to protect the country not the government smile.png ...governments come and go ... by votes and by necessity ... but the army doesn't change ... is still the same old core ... so , let's get back to the main subject should we which is CAMPO smile.png
You seem to know a lot about the situation for someone with a couple of posts under your belt. Nothing wrong with that of course but wondering where you've been the past four months?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Aaah - the post counting police has arrived. I must've forgotten to check the "member of Thaivisa.com" box when I applied for my annual extension blink.png I've been here many years, but only joined in 2011 due to the flood situation. At my rate I'll probably have to wait another 6 years to get to your impressive post count of 700+

Back on topic: I see nothing intrinsically wrong with Gather's response - he clearl speaks about public buildings (not all government/army/police force etc)

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So for all the comments above , intruding / tresspassing is not a criminal offence in your country's ? try to be a little honoust , even for who ever you are supporting ...a little fair play in this "Thai soap game"

Seems to me like you don't know the law's to well mister .... CAMPO is a public institution ... and a public building with public grounds allows any THAI person to step on that ground as he pleases ... only the fact that can remain on they're position without throwing a stone is enough for the building to have no one to step in or out due the high number of persons that can stop the traffic .

Welcome aboard "GATHER" - nice LOUD name btw

Good to see another red supporter on TV your chums were being ambushed and and taken hostage by the might pen (well ... keyboard).

You may need to radio back to HQ and requisition more support as your front line position is retreating.

Take no prisoners!

Spread no propaganda!

Comrades in arms!

Great! Defy the courts when you don't agree with them. Let's see how many people will you idiots shoot dead this time. And you guys still have to rely on the useless police. The army will never back another bloody crackdown.

Great! Defy the courts when you don't agree with them.

Isn’t that what they mean when they’re talking about (Thai-style) democracy?

Good to see another red supporter on TV your chums were being ambushed and and taken hostage by the might pen (well ... keyboard).

You may need to radio back to HQ and requisition more support as your front line position is retreating.

Take no prisoners!

Spread no propaganda!

Comrades in arms!

I don't think 'Gather' is a pro-government/red shirt supporter.

• Like 1

Take no prisoners!

Spread no propaganda!

Comrades in arms!

I don't think 'Gather' is a pro-government/red shirt supporter.

Oh my bad ... apologies GATHER :)

• Like 1

Great! Defy the courts when you don't agree with them. Let's see how many people will you idiots shoot dead this time. And you guys still have to rely on the useless police. The army will never back another bloody crackdown.

Great! Defy the courts when you don't agree with them.

Isn’t that what they mean when they’re talking about (Thai-style) democracy?

I've said it since the beginning of this conflict. The protestors don't have to follow the law since the government hasn't either.

• Like 1

You have to ask. Is it trespassing if it is a government building. Ie : the lobby of said building?

Surely during opening hours any Thai citizen is allowed access!

You can't be serious? Allowed access to legitimately use government facilities is one thing. Demonstrating inside a building to shut it down is another. There are rules you have to follow in public buildings otherwise you will be arrested and removed. The airport is a government building but you can't just go shut it down because you are a Thai national and have the right to do so. Your post is so off base that it is astounding.

You have to ask. Is it trespassing if it is a government building. Ie : the lobby of said building?

You can't be serious? Allowed access to legitimately use government facilities is one thing. Demonstrating inside a building to shut it down is another. There are rules you have to follow in public buildings otherwise you will be arrested and removed. The airport is a government building but you can't just go shut it down because you are a Thai national and have the right to do so. Your post is so off base that it is astounding.

You from the Ukraine anotheruser? Please don't respond with your

hair-splitting crap!

This people get what they sow !...xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS. ...I only hope that bangkok is not going to be another kiev like in ukraine .The day they catch the president burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif there, i wouldn't like to be in his suit.....in thailand, some thais are really fedup, angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png the PM should think more deeply why they are....not smiling as usual !

A STRATEGIC RETREAT xsorry.gif.pagespeed.ic.HIAcli9fRM.png IS A LOT BETTER THAN A BIG DEFEAT beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

GOOD DAY AND GOOD NIGHT

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

It is very obvious that there are certain and specific gov't building and facilities not accessible to the general public, such as military bases in most if not all countries. If no authorized pass, a person is not allowed to enter, or they will/can be shot. This is true of every US military base I have ever entered and seems the CMPO is located on a military facility, just as the PMs current office are as well.