Lite Beer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A smart move on behalf of the bank.

I think at the moment the banks are running scared. They don`t want to be seen as supporting either one side or the other in fear of suffering the same consequence as the GSB and losing the confidence of their present customers.

Quite frankly I don`t blame them, plus it also appears that the caretaker Government is proceeding with it`s payments to farmers and now it`s only a matter of time before this is resolved and the banks are no longer caught up in this.

These sort of stupid stunts can see a run on the BAAC as well, which only has 110 billion liquidity because the government have snatched away 180 billion liquidity already. It won't take much to break that bank either.

That bank is state backed, it will not "break". All of this is a yet another stunt.

Fair comment.

However if the State's pledge to pay farmers is as flawed as it appears, then it would be a foolish man to place a scintilla of confidence in this government should there be a run on the banks.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

However, if BAAC remains silent about the issue, Mr. Natthawut said he will summon the Redshirts to rally in front of every BAAC branch in the country to demand for the answer.

That will really speed up payments to the farmers. Judging by his evasive answers when interviewed about the rice pledging scheme even before the defaults started, Mr Natthawut seems to be part of the criminal gang at the Commerce Ministry that diverted the g2g sales to domestic buyers at a knock down price. Not surprised is trying to create a diversion.

It is interesting that 50 red shirts led by a PT MP can raise B30 million at short notice. They can't be ordinary cannon fodder red shirts dependent on income from rice farming. That's for sure.

The bank wouldn't normally have a problem taking deposits from anyone. It is pretty obvious they swaggered in in a threatening manner and deliberately created an incident as a publicity stunt. What @rseholes!

Interestingly the bank earlier said it was its own liquidity (which should mean its own capital fund) the government wanted it to use to pay the farmers, not the customers' deposits. Either the deposits of these idiots won't help the situation or the bank was lying about that.

Edited by Dogmatix

Surely the unasked part of this story is where a local red MP got 30 million baht in readies for a publicity stunt?

Perhaps Prasert was confused and thought he was campaigning for an election again.

December 25, 2007

Prasert Chantraruangthong, Linda Cherdchai and Boonlert Krutkhuntod, who won in constituency 3 in the northeastern province, were yellow-carded after they were caught with cash and a list of eligible voters

Ok I'll give you the argument.

Now please just answer the easy bit. What have you ever said that is funny and prove it.

Video yourself laughing at your opening line "Like I just said in another post, everybody hates the redshirts lol"

I understand if everything I said went over your head, I'm just interested in humour now. As an avid reader and watcher of comedy, I just can't fathom the LOL you used.... really

PP (or whoever you used to be), what is the point of this nonsense? If you have a problem with someone's posts, then PM them to discuss the issue. None of us are interested in whether he has used LOL correctly or not. This forum is for mature debate on important issues...!!

It's his way of trying to make this a good site like it was in its early days.

I'm off thaivisa now

was such a good site in the early days

Indeed, the "early days" of last night were better.

Patpending

Member Since Yesterday, 17:01

Last Active A minute ago

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/202533-patpending/

Isn't this bank also responsible for payments to ALL areas of agriculture such as tapioca and sugar cane also? I have sat for hours outside whilst my family have been inside waiting for their tapioca harvest money and also changing names on paperwork after the death of the father in law.

IF there really is such huge shift away from PTP why don't the dems seize this opportunity and firm a cooperative and oust the Thaksins once and for all??

Like I just said in another thread, everyone hates the red shirts.....lol

What a gem of a report. I live in Korat, I will call in to that bank tomorrow and shake their hands.

The BAAC do not want these stupid stunts going on in their banks, they don't need to be pulled into the same crap that has seen the GSB have 105 billion baht of its net liquidity removed in 4 days, wonder how much after today?

These sort of stupid stunts can see a run on the BAAC as well, which only has 110 billion liquidity because the government have snatched away 180 billion liquidity already. It won't take much to break that bank either.

Well done BAAC, continue to just be a payment vehicle, but don't get dragged into sup[porting the scheme, lest you suffer the backlash from depositors.

I know some of the terrorist red supporting farang gang will try to mock my post regarding a run, but I suppose these will be the same people who mocked me when I was explaining what could happen to the GSB which I ended up being 100% correct..... By the way guys, I am still predicting the GSB going down, less than 50% liquidity remaining.

Edit: Wife just spoke to a friend on her facebook chat who works there, the girl who told them to get out, actually was praised by the manager. They want nothing to do with supporting the rice scam any more. I have told her to get a message to the girl, to meet us for a drink, I am buying.

First. netiquette. LOL means laugh out loud, which usually implies something funny has happened of being said. Lovely to see you laughing at your own statement. Glad you find it funny. Please explain what was funny about it? and send proof via youtube link that you were laughing out loud. and we'll make up our minds whether it was genuine

Such an intellegent post. Just continue to be a payment vehicle. don't worry about any money coming in... just pay it out. this from an alleged financial expert.

For non financial experts. spend spend spend, the amount going out has no impact on your finances and you don't need anything coming in. My wife might subscribe to that, but otherwise it's just you and your mates.

All the loons who are going to take their money out, have already done so.

It's all show, and it will amount to nothing.

Your rebuttal makes absolutely zero sense at all. I read it twice and am still at a loss for what the hell you are yarping on about.

One thing is for sure, you have no clue about finances if you did not understand what I was saying.

Maybe some others on the thread can decipher your nonsensical rant so I can understand it, and then pull it to pieces.

Just for your benefit.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry, I tried, but can't help you on this I'm afraid!!!!

Wow. I worked for a bank my entire life. I just can't imagine refusing a deposit or chasing out a client like that. Amazing how politics effects situations.

so when you worked in a bank as you claim and I waked in with a wad of cash worth some $1,000,000 you would just open the account for me no questions asked about were it came from or even if it was a cheque

• Like 1

Like I just said in another thread, everyone hates the red shirts.....lol

What a gem of a report. I live in Korat, I will call in to that bank tomorrow and shake their hands.

The BAAC do not want these stupid stunts going on in their banks, they don't need to be pulled into the same crap that has seen the GSB have 105 billion baht of its net liquidity removed in 4 days, wonder how much after today?

Well done BAAC, continue to just be a payment vehicle, but don't get dragged into sup[porting the scheme, lest you suffer the backlash from depositors.

I know some of the terrorist red supporting farang gang will try to mock my post regarding a run, but I suppose these will be the same people who mocked me when I was explaining what could happen to the GSB which I ended up being 100% correct..... By the way guys, I am still predicting the GSB going down, less than 50% liquidity remaining.

Edit: Wife just spoke to a friend on her facebook chat who works there, the girl who told them to get out, actually was praised by the manager. They want nothing to do with supporting the rice scam any more. I have told her to get a message to the girl, to meet us for a drink, I am buying.

First. netiquette. LOL means laugh out loud, which usually implies something funny has happened of being said. Lovely to see you laughing at your own statement. Glad you find it funny. Please explain what was funny about it? and send proof via youtube link that you were laughing out loud. and we'll make up our minds whether it was genuine

Such an intellegent post. Just continue to be a payment vehicle. don't worry about any money coming in... just pay it out. this from an alleged financial expert.

For non financial experts. spend spend spend, the amount going out has no impact on your finances and you don't need anything coming in. My wife might subscribe to that, but otherwise it's just you and your mates.

All the loons who are going to take their money out, have already done so.

It's all show, and it will amount to nothing.

......................................"and it will amount to nothing"...................................

As will your condescending comment, doubt if too many readers will remember it 2 minutes after reading it.

I do agree with telecom though, and I believe the support for the redshirts is dwindling every day.

Where I live in Chiang Mai I am hearing more and more people openly stating their dislike for these thugs. Soon the only place they will be welcomed is the Shinawatras, while they are any use to them, then they too will turn on them. thumbsup.gif

Wow. I worked for a bank my entire life. I just can't imagine refusing a deposit or chasing out a client like that. Amazing how politics effects situations.

There is no obligation on them to refuse deposits, simply to report any cash deposit over 2 Million Baht to the AMLO office.