Order to expel Sehgal awaits Chalerm's nod

webfact

Enjoy our flight home rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif Take care now and all the best to you w00t.gif

Happy to see that the vindictive persecution and misery of a man who exercised his right to freedom of speech and spoke out for the country he considers his own is giving you such pleasure.

Find a mirror.

Err, an Aussie guy was imprisoned for 89 day's and then deported for his political speech, what's the difference here? he's not in a Thai jail at the moment is he,

That being said I personally believe people should have the right to freedom of speech, as long as it dose not insight racism, religious hatred, and breach human rights,,,

He didn't just say what he thought, he got on a stage repepeatedly using his business influence as a leader of a movement advocating the illegal overthrow of a government.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that this guy has not only spoken against the government, he has also led a mob to try and shut down Thai air traffic communications. Face it, he is intoxicated with his new-found celebrity and power, when he needs to shut the f___k up!

BTW, I don't at all like the PM or the present government official in power, but what I like even less is those who want to replace them with a non-elected "council."

Is that correct, there was threat to try and close down the building housing air traffic control, but I believe it was not attempted. Was it not a hard core faction that made the actual threat, not Satish Sehgal?

• Like 1

If Satish had become a naturalised Thai, he could still have his citizenship revoked and get deported under Section 19 3) or 4) of the Nationality Act if:

(3) He commits any act prejudicial to the security or conflicting the interests of the State, or amounting to an insult to the nation;

(4) He commits any act contrary to public order or good morals;

However, this would have been much harder and he would have had more legal options to fight it, given the Constitutional rights to freedom of expression for all Thais (but not PRs). There have been a number of cases of revocation of Thai nationality over the years but most were people who obtained through birth in Thailand to Thai parents, rather than naturalisation.

Personally I think the deportation is rather vindictive but I don't understand why Satish never applied for Thai nationality or why he became a protest leader as a foreigner, knowing the possible consequences. I have met him once and he seemed of at least normal intelligence.

Enjoy our flight home rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif Take care now and all the best to you w00t.gif

Happy to see that the vindictive persecution and misery of a man who exercised his right to freedom of speech and spoke out for the country he considers his own is giving you such pleasure.

Find a mirror.

If he considered Thailand his home then he'd become a citizen.

Don't care. Still no excuse to take pleasure in his misery.

• Like 1

Find a mirror.

For give me as I live in Singapore and had done for 32 years but travel to Thailand every week, so I must have missed something here. I can be kicked out of Singapore also as a PR.

There is no need to take pleasure in his misfortune.

I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of expelling a man who has lived here for most of his life. Did that last time.

He had ample time to stop speaking against the government but he chose not to. He's created his own misfortune.

He broke no laws.

After SOE when freedom of speech became a crime he stopped.

He has been cleared of the charges charm brought against him because there was no evidence.

No one deserves the vindictive, petty behaviour being exhibited by PT.

However as I said earlier, I don't care. Still no reason to take pleasure in his misfortune.

Contemptible to do so.

• Like 1

This is a harsh decision to a man who contributed to the Thai economy for the long time and has a family here in Thailand.

Basically they are telling non-Thai people not to get involved with any of the anti-government activities.

So are you OK with non-citizens in your country protesting and speaking against your government? I'm about as liberal as they come, and I'm not .... and, I have a lot of criticisms with my government.

yes i am.

• Like 1

Remember that Chalerm is a deportation expert. His own and his tribes wondrous excursion to Scandinavia some years back to avoid corruption charges. Chalerm assisted in the ''deportation'' unofficiall ) after that paragon of virtue and fine upstanding citizen that he is ( like his father) he was maligned so unfairly and accused of murder.

Indeed it is heartwarming to know that all we foreigners residing here in Thailand are in Chalerms capable hands (I don't spill a drop you know) whistling.gif

Find a mirror.

Err, an Aussie guy was imprisoned for 89 day's and then deported for his political speech, what's the difference here? he's not in a Thai jail at the moment is he,

That being said I personally believe people should have the right to freedom of speech, as long as it dose not insight racism, religious hatred, and breach human rights,,,

Lot of differences, but I think that decision was wrong headed as well. What ever happened to him, Connor was it?

This is a harsh decision to a man who contributed to the Thai economy for the long time and has a family here in Thailand.

Basically they are telling non-Thai people not to get involved with any of the anti-government activities.

So are you OK with non-citizens in your country protesting and speaking against your government? I'm about as liberal as they come, and I'm not .... and, I have a lot of criticisms with my government.

yes i am.

So am I, and they often do. They aren't arrested or deported and nobody gets upset about it either. It's no big deal.

This old Indian guy is going to overthrow the government? Don't think so. They should have ignored him. All they've got out if this is negative publicity.

• Like 2

>

This guy is an absolute idiot with no common sense. The quicker he gets out the better

dont let the door hit you on the way out, sehgal

More friends than you, more money than you, much more power than you and you call him a complete idiot.

wakey wakey, since when does money power and friends = intelligence ?

Some of these protesters hide behind the Thai flag and other props.... they think they are invincible when they are not.

now we get to watch the bugger is scramble like a mad man ... pretty stupid for someone who has lived here for 50 years but seemingly knows sweet FA about thai culture. complete idiot ? maybe not but pretty damn close.

he is not Kon thai,does not matter if he came here when he was one year old,i repeat he is not kon thai [thai person],the same as any of us who were not born of thai parents are not,even my step son who is half thai is called exactly that "kung',sure i have met some deluded falangs here that think they are thai but we are not and never will be ,same as this guy,i would have thought after 50 years here he would know that.

The CMPO and the Interior Ministry should focus on more serious and urgent issues like trying to find some signs of intelligence in Chalerm's head. I think a lobotomy is due. The chances of brain damage worse then what is already present is highly unlikely.

Edited by smileydude

For give me as I live in Singapore and had done for 32 years but travel to Thailand every week, so I must have missed something here. I can be kicked out of Singapore also as a PR.

I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of expelling a man who has lived here for most of his life. Did that last time.

He had ample time to stop speaking against the government but he chose not to. He's created his own misfortune.

He broke no laws.

He has been cleared of the charges charm brought against him because there was no evidence.

However as I said earlier, I don't care. Still no reason to take pleasure in his misfortune.

Contemptible to do so.

The police claim he was involved in "raids" on government offices. The source of this is the other paper than cannot be named. If true, do you believe it is appropriate for a foreigner to be involved in such activities?

He broke no laws.

Contemptible to do so.

The police claim he was involved in "raids" on government offices. The source of this is the other paper than cannot be named. If true, do you believe it is appropriate for a foreigner to be involved in such activities?

As I recall there was no evidence of such raids in his original hearing.

Edited by Bluespunk

He broke no laws.

Contemptible to do so.

As I recall, it was "not enough" evidence, which is different from "no evidence". Now we have a second hearing and a majority vote to deport. Suggests that more evidence came in.

But my question to you is this: if he did lead protesters to raid government sites or otherwise encourage them to do so from a leadership position, do you think this merits deportation or not?

He broke no laws.

Contemptible to do so.

Anyone, Thai or foreigner, suspected of criminal activities should be investigated and prosecuted if warranted. Thais get prison (sometimes) foreigners get deported.

But the actions against Sehgal seem to support the simplistic view of democracy supported by the 'conservative' (for USA read Republican) members here that it starts and ends at the ballot box, and is thus reserved for national citizens. That view decries any other element of democratic expression such as speaking publicly about corruption or demonstrating as trouble-making, insurrection, the mob, terrorism.

It is paradoxical that posters with such apparent right-wing sympathies supposedly support the Shinawatra administration because they have 'helped the poor' (while mainly helping themselves).

He broke no laws.

Contemptible to do so.

Some days later, I finally found the original report in the B.P., in the article on February 8th where he was said to have led protesters in occupying several offices after the emergency decree had been imposed, and to have played an active role as a PDRC co-leader, the paragraph claiming that there is clear evidence ended in the words "Mr Tharit said".

Some might think there is therefore still cause for some doubt about his guilt. wink.png

He broke no laws.

Contemptible to do so.

what freedom of speech? you heard of the restrictive and censorship laws here? which are about the worst (apart from N.Korea) I have come across? Les Majeste ring a bell???

a hypocrite you are (Yoda 'free' speech)

I wouldn't worry about it. The Shinawatra government may be vindinctive but the courts are fair. There's no way they will endorse something like this. He has every right to exercise his right to protest, as long as he did't break the law. I'm pretty sure the courts will tell Chalerm to F off again.

"but the courts are fair"

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

you obviously do not live here? sitting in the US making comments? not even the most uneducated Thai I know would make such a moronic statement - in fact not even the most stupid farang I know would say that passifier.gif

EVERYONE knows that 'under the table' is the norm here - i have dealt with the Courts have you???

you been watching too much Bluesky TV Gerry - or maybe too much Walt Disney? or smoking 'something' maybe? or too much Chang??? burp.gif

• Like 2

@doc no

You said

But my question to you is this: if he did lead protesters to raid government sites or otherwise encourage them to do so from a leadership position, do you think this merits deportation or not?

Me

I went into all this on the last thread on this guy. Made my position clear on how he should be treated then. Not going to do that again.

The fact is there is no evidence he did lead or participate in any such raids. If he broke the law, evidence should be produced and the courts, not chalerm, should judge his guilt.

The only reason I commented on this thread is i find gloating over his misfortune objectionable.

He broke no laws.

Contemptible to do so.

what freedom of speech? you heard of the restrictive and censorship laws here? which are about the worst (apart from N.Korea) I have come across? Les Majeste ring a bell???

Ok I'll bite. Why am I a hypocrite?

I wouldn't worry about it. The Shinawatra government may be vindinctive but the courts are fair. There's no way they will endorse something like this. He has every right to exercise his right to protest, as long as he did't break the law. I'm pretty sure the courts will tell Chalerm to F off again.

"but the courts are fair"

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

you obviously do not live here? sitting in the US making comments? not even the most uneducated Thai I know would make such a moronic statement - in fact not even the most stupid farang I know would say that passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi alt=passifier.gif width=20 height=22>

EVERYONE knows that 'under the table' is the norm here - i have dealt with the Courts have you???

you been watching too much Bluesky TV Gerry - or maybe too much Walt Disney? or smoking 'something' maybe? or too much Chang??? burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif alt=burp.gif width=42 height=36>

probably watching blue skye, drinking chang and blowing his whistle as we speak laugh.png

He broke no laws.

Contemptible to do so.

Les majeste laws aside which are a legitimate issue (and I'm no fan of criminal sentences for defamation either), the Thai constitution does provide for free speech and has a free media.

The irony here is that you are always bitching when the Nation exercises their right to criticise the government, which you usually claim is wrong :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most Local Indians that I know in Bangkok do not mind this guy and his family being eradicated out from Thailand as they always behaved like they were elites and actually never did anything to help their fellow Indians except those in their "elite circles" and this only if it benefitted their pockets and businesses.

No need to waste the courts time for an appeal etc. He is a non thai and he tried to deprive ordinary thais of a democratic election. Eradicate him and his family immediately!

Hoteliers, restaurants etc that use to advertise in his magazine : Lookeast, should boycott his publication (which no one reads anyway ) as his actions also caused a lot of tourists to stay from thailand. Boycott all families restaurants ie Indus, Dressed etc.

Local thais should also hold protests outside the Indian embassy asking its citizens to mind their own business and an apology is also required form the embassy, and also local thais should protests on the premises of the Thai-Indain Chamber and Business Associations to ask their Indian members to mind their own business if they wish to remain in Thailand! If not deport the whole comittees. They is nothing much to gain from doing business in India anyway.

Most Local Indians that I know in Bangkok do not mind this guy and his family being eradicated out from Thailand as they always behaved like they were elites and actually never did anything to help their fellow Indians except those in their "elite circles" and this only if it benefitted their pockets and businesses.

No need to waste the courts time for an appeal etc. He is a non thai and he tried to deprive ordinary thais of a democratic election. Eradicate him and his family immediately!

Hoteliers, restaurants etc that use to advertise in his magazine : Lookeast, should boycott his publication (which no one reads anyway ) as his actions also caused a lot of tourists to stay from thailand. Boycott all families restaurants ie Indus, Dressed etc.

Local thais should also hold protests outside the Indian embassy asking its citizens to mind their own business and an apology is also required form the embassy, and also local thais should protests on the premises of the Thai-Indain Chamber and Business Associations to ask their Indian members to mind their own business if they wish to remain in Thailand! If not deport the whole comittees. They is nothing much to gain from doing business in India anyway.

As if we believe you when you say 'most local Indians I know'. rolleyes.gif