'PDRC's four-step plan to oust govt'

Lite Beer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

More like ......

1) organise protests to shutdown Bangkok

if that fails onto plan B

2) organise protests to shutdown Bangkok

if that fails onto plan C

3) organise protests to shutdown Bangkok

if that fails onto plan D

4) organise protests to shutdown Bangkok

if that fails declare a "Final Push" and revert to option 1

As Yogi Berra use to say "it's deja vu all over again" biggrin.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The winner in these bloody overthrow movements is usually somebody or some group behind the scenes who you will never see, but the losers are plain to see because they are just about everybody else in the nation. I supported the anti-Amnesty bill massprotest in late November, and I was happy to see 300k~ [according to some sources, but hard to be exact] people protesting peacefully for the Amnesty bill to be cremated and the ashes scattered far away.

Back then there was no talk of overthrow movements, kidnapping the PM and her family, popcorn-at-the-ready, highly suspicious unelected corporatocracy Assembly rule. I was totally behind the peaceful massprotest against the Amnesty bill, but I totally reject the overthrow-at-any-cost madness that followed it.

You are not alone. Suthep has managed to piss off even his most ardent supporters, including many business people in Bangkok who fed up with his antics and rhetoric thumbsup.gif

Suthep said "the PDRC had a two-step plan: after the Thaksin regime is overthrown...." But the Court said the PDRC is not engaged in the overthrow of the government. How could it be so wrong? Maybe the Court had a mass hearing problem and thought the PDRC was engaged in making the government throw-up.

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it looks like you mean the Thaksin regime and the government is the same thing.

Else your comment doesn't make sense.

I don't understand if they are one and the same, since as far as I know, Thaksin is not in the government and not even in the country.

Yeh, Thaksin's gone, I'm sure he chats to Yingluk occassionally, but then so did Bush Senior talk to Bush junior.

It's easier to demonize Thaksin than Yingluk, cos she's actually likeable, comes across as more sincere. Thaksin was their last successful coup, so it helps to focus people's minds on Thaksin if you want to try for a coup.

I just checked his Facebook page, first time for everything, there are 50+ fake Thaksins, but I think this is the official one:

Looks like a man in retirement, Venice holiday, reading up on plate tectonics, a bit of IMF and so on, but I can't imagine he'd ever come live in Thailand again, let alone be PM again. For what? He seems to well settled abroad.

I wonder if Suthep really believes he's ousting Thaksin?

I rather suspect that he thinks he is "inning Suthep".

Those behind him are desperate to have their paws on the reigns of power when a certain succession has to be managed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Half of these "4 points" are due to self inflicted wounds by the PTP - dissolving parliament for instance, or by their own conflicts with the constitutional court, nothing to do with the PDRC.

As soon as they took the decision to dissolve parliament - Suthep went to plan B, and the real four points are:

1) Disrupt the elections to make sure the quorum of 95% cannot be filled

2) The constitution mandates that the parliament has to sit in quorum within 30 days - i.e. by 1st March

3) The parliament must then elect a Prime Minister within 30 days - i.e. by 1st April, otherwise it loses its caretaker status

4) On April 2nd the Constitutional Court finds that the constitution has not been followed and so the caretaker government is annulled and a royally appointed PM and administration has to serve per interim until new elections are held or a quorum has been reached.

As of 1st March Suthep will agitate that the caretaker government no longer ha legal authority, but the real turning point is 1st April if sufficient elections have not been held.

Any royally appointed interim administration may press for a reform plan, and a fundamental financial review before a new round of national elections.

That is what the PTP are now running scared of

This sounds highly plausible, in which case we are surely nearly at the beginning of the end?

If 2) cannot be fulfilled, (which AFAIK it can't), then 3) doesn't apply.

I'm not doubting your knowledge in these matters, but constitutional requirements seem to be loosely applied, (or as required by those that matter). And all of it preceded by the NACC indictment on 27 February.

The unknown of course is the reaction to 4), which might require the tried and tested methods of yore, (2006 and all that...).