16 injured in blast near anti-govt protest in Bangkok

Lite Beer

Ummm... not quite true.

BP story headline "Yingluck comes out of hiding" on their homepage still.

More red propaganda and lies...

Do you know telling the truth is honesty always the best policy.

Just because Suthep isn't aware of Yingluck's whereabouts doesn't mean the rest of civilized Thailand isn't.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I'd like to know is why the PDRC guards are allowed to detain people on a public street.

Rajprasong is a public street and Suthep's PDRC guards are not army or police. Where do they take the right from to detain people at their will? Am I allowed also to go out onto the streets and detain people that I consider a threat?

Is there a law that gives PDRC guards the right to detain people?

Again you avoid the question... Should they have let a suspected bomber simply go?

Would you have let the tuk tuk driver walk / drive off?

I would not arrest a suspected bomber, because I am not the army, police or otherwise authorized to arrest people under the law.

According to news reports, the tuk tuk driver has now been released, so that means his arrest was not only illegal but also unjustified.

Is it acceptable for you to have an armed militia running around Bangkok arresting people at their will?

Please show me which legislation enables the PDRC guards to arrest anyone?

The tuk tuk driver was detained until the authorities came. He was questioned and then released.

What I'd like to know is why the PDRC guards are allowed to detain people on a public street.

Rajprasong is a public street and Suthep's PDRC guards are not army or police. Where do they take the right from to detain people at their will? Am I allowed also to go out onto the streets and detain people that I consider a threat?

Again you avoid the question... Should they have let a suspected bomber simply go?

I would not arrest a suspected bomber, because I am not the army, police or otherwise authorized to arrest people under the law.

According to news reports, the tuk tuk driver has now been released, so that means his arrest was not only illegal but also unjustified.

Is it acceptable for you to have an armed militia running around Bangkok arresting people at their will?

The tuk tuk driver was detained until the authorities came. He was questioned and then released.

You tell me ...that's what I'm trying to find out.

Who gave the PDRC the authority to detain and arrest people?

The police are very nervous in breaking the rules the recent civil court judges.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=7132&a=2

It's noteworthy that the court opinion translation provided in the above link uses as its justification in ruling against the police and the government that the anti-government protests have been "peaceful and unarmed' -- which in fact they generally have been when not confronted by the police or Red Shirts.

Thus, apart from the actual ruling lacking any language that would prevent perimeter police checkpoints aimed at preventing weapons and explosives into the area, it's kind of hard to imagine the judges would take offense at the authorities preventing weapons being taken into "peaceful and unarmed" protests.

BTW, are those the same "very nervous" police and CMPO officials who first claimed the ruling would have no effect on their duties, and later started devising various schemes to either avoid the order or have it overturned on appeal...

Hahaha, you don't know sarcasm.

This is the second time I have caught you out using the sarcasm excuse when your wrong. Your not being sarcastic. You are wrong, but won't admit it.

• Like 2

Ha! These rallies don't seem so peaceful to me. I myself am not going to go hang out at any of them and there is no way I would let my kid do so either! Even if I was Thai! There is a greater number of Thais that are not attending these "rallies" than are.

A responsible parent would educate their child but leave them at home or in a safe place away from any possibility of harm or violence....not anywhere near a rally site! How much is a 5 or 6 year old kid going to understand about what is "at stake"?

The kids and their parents are there to protest. They are running stalls and selling things. They are making a living. They also don't have baby sitters and maids at home to look after their kids.

That should read "NOT there to protest".

• Like 1

You are really incorrect. In any civilized society, when a criminal does something in full view like that, he or she will be detained by bystanders if possible until the police arrive. The problem in this country is that the police never arrive.

So why did not the Army or any bystanders detain Suthep when he met that general at the Energy ministry?. Failing to attend court, arrest warrants etc, etc

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Which order would that be? What number?

Here we go again.

I think it's #5:

5. To prohibit the three defendants from banning any act that could block roads and traffic, or any act that could disrupt the normal use of public roads, in all the areas used by the plaintiff to organise the protest;

The police were clearly blocking the PDRC walking street aka. picnic zone.

Only the PDRC are allowed to block streets according to the court order, not the police.

Are you serious?

I mean are you really serious??

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Please explain how you come to that conclusion?

I was being sarcastic wink.png

I don't think so I just think you have been caught out spreading red propaganda and lies.

This battle has been won and I am victorious.

NEXT...

• Like 1

I think it's #5:

5. To prohibit the three defendants from banning any act that could block roads and traffic, or any act that could disrupt the normal use of public roads, in all the areas used by the plaintiff to organise the protest;

The police were clearly blocking the PDRC walking street aka. picnic zone.

Only the PDRC are allowed to block streets according to the court order, not the police.

Are you serious?

I mean are you really serious??

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Please explain how you come to that conclusion?

I was being sarcastic wink.png

I don't think so I just think you have been caught out spreading red propaganda and lies.

This battle has been won and I am victorious.

NEXT...

Sorry, I wasn't aware we had a battle, but victory is yours if that makes you happy.

Just curious, what part of my post is it that you consider "red propaganda"?

Ha! These rallies don't seem so peaceful to me. I myself am not going to go hang out at any of them and there is no way I would let my kid do so either! Even if I was Thai! There is a greater number of Thais that are not attending these "rallies" than are.

A responsible parent would educate their child but leave them at home or in a safe place away from any possibility of harm or violence....not anywhere near a rally site! How much is a 5 or 6 year old kid going to understand about what is "at stake"?

The kids and their parents are there to protest. They are running stalls and selling things. They are making a living. They also don't have baby sitters and maids at home to look after their kids.

Unfortunately they are also in a potential war zone now there are far less dangerous places or ways to make a living that selling in a protest zone and exposing your kids to risk. I go and do some of my banking as you get the best rates available in Thailand on currency exchange there. I go and I leave asap I do not hang around, now its turned into daytime attacks I wont even set foot in any protest or closed off zone not be anywhere near it, not even in daylight or at 8am in a deserted asoke. Just isnt worth the risk now

I spent a few hrs today watching and listening to Suthep on stage, nothing but disgusting bile coming out of his mouth all the time, some things that would get you beaten to a pulp anywhere in Thailand if said to someones face, i mean hes saying nothing to calm things no interest just talk that is just more inflammatory. He clearly wants violence and a confrontation, really have seen his mask slip last day or so hes no better than some of the UDD talk going on ... hes no interest in the anything but his own agenda and whipping up the storm.

Yingluck HAS come out and condemned this violence and has been talking and has been at least showing concern and saying the right things. Abhisit needs to also condemn it publicly and they also need to be seen in the same place talking if only for a photo shoot... need a message out there asap that talks are possible. Joint statement would be great.

Things are gathering speed this is not a good situation, really need the dems and all political parties including PTP need to get on national TV and call for calm, this extends to the Royals now they need to speak to the nation asap before the cracks get any wider.

If these leaders care they will address the nation and call for calm.

I have never seen any financial institutions in that area - I could be mistake.

It WAS NOT A PROTEST AREA. It was a commercial shopping area. And at least Suthep is talking to people unlike Yingluvk how is cowering in some unknown location.

Glade to have the next RED shift on TV

It WAS NOT A PROTEST AREA. It was a commercial shopping area. And at least Suthep is talking to people unlike Yingluvk how is cowering in some unknown location.

If it wasn't a protest area, can you explain why the entire street is a marketplace selling anti-government propaganda, preventing cars from driving past and the entrances to this "commercial shopping area" is guarded by PDRC guards?

Why are they guarding the entrances if it's not a protest area?

Just curious.

You tell me ...that's what I'm trying to find out.

Who gave the PDRC the authority to detain and arrest people?

When did the PDRC arrest anyone?

So why did not the Army or any bystanders detain Suthep when he met that general at the Energy ministry?. Failing to attend court, arrest warrants etc, etc

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

come down from the ledge, man.

You really need to calm down and avoid to call reds everyone that express an idea different from yours. Everyone has right to express their opinion here.

Everyone should avoid insults and the tiresome "You are red, you are yellow, you do propaganda".

A bit of common sense and responsibility by everyone should be nice.

You are calling RED to a poster that despised Thaksin since long ago...

Well, Suthep supporters have shot each other at the rally sites and called it a "misunderstanding", so it's not surprising to see pro-Suthep ThaiVisa posters turning on each other now too.

cheesy.gif

Edited by ShannonT

And I ask AGAIN (you really can't answer a direct question)

Directed at both ShannonT and icommunity

I note the usual mob of " keyboard" cowboys have arrived here with ill informed speculation.

The only known "facts" are that some deranged individuals have thrown grenades , bombs and apparently fired bullets at unarmed civilians and children.

This is beyond outrageous and every effort should be taken to apprehend the perpetrators of this and other atrocities

I think the point is that Suthep is using all the media at his disposal and Yingluck is basically using Facebook only.

It appears as if she is afraid to directly face the media.

And no one yet worked out why she has not had a news conference to denounce these cowardly attacks on peaceful protesters.

The answer is simple, just google "Camera Lie Detector"

Reading all the comments about children at the protest sights; i'll never forget this picture from nearly 4 years ago in Bangkok.

post-62796-0-71199000-1393169689_thumb.j

and today i'm asking myself the same question again, about the parents that place their children in dangerous situations,

"why?"

The police are very nervous in breaking the rules the recent civil court judges.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=7132&a=2

It's noteworthy that the court opinion translation provided in the above link uses as its justification in ruling against the police and the government that the anti-government protests have been "peaceful and unarmed' -- which in fact they generally have been when not confronted by the police or Red Shirts.

Thus, apart from the actual ruling lacking any language that would prevent perimeter police checkpoints aimed at preventing weapons and explosives into the area, it's kind of hard to imagine the judges would take offense at the authorities preventing weapons being taken into "peaceful and unarmed" protests.

BTW, are those the same "very nervous" police and CMPO officials who first claimed the ruling would have no effect on their duties, and later started devising various schemes to either avoid the order or have it overturned on appeal...

Hahaha, you don't know sarcasm.

This is the second time I have caught you out using the sarcasm excuse when your wrong. Your not being sarcastic. You are wrong, but won't admit it.

Hahaha, you could not face the truth of my sarcasm and cowardly deleted the rest of the content. Here they are again, have fun, cheer up.

Hahaha, you don't know sarcasm. Take it easy. Lets have the same type of the dem's pdrc/pcad peaceful and unarmed protests. May be we should start with surrounding the courts and independence agencies' offices and demand judges and officials to stop works in order to join the peaceful protest. Occupy their buildings and have coffee with them, breakfast, lunch dinner on the house,

Oh yes, protest stages in front of their door steps and in the middle of the roads leading to these places. When police come to negotiate, blew them away and when they enforce the rule of law, let the popcorn distributors take over.

Don't forget, senators election coming up, why not block the registration, distribution of ballot box and paper. Get physical at voters who dare to turn up to vote.. Anyone or group try to help with the distribution of ballot box and paper, the popcorn sprayers can help them eat popcorn.

These are peaceful activities, you know.

Almost forgot, we can always blame it on the RS/UDD and Thaksin and get away with all these fun activities.

Wow, lot of laughter. With all the spinning on the latest methods of 'peaceful, unarmed protest'. Very creative, so amazing. Hope the dem or its pdrc/pcad or the bluesky will not patent it and start asking for copyright or patent right fees. Very confusing, among them, who has the right? May be they should ask the court for a ruling.

Well, Suthep supporters have shot each other at the rally sites and called it a "misunderstanding", so it's not surprising to see pro-Suthep ThaiVisa posters turning on each other now too.

cheesy.gif

BS. When did this supposedly happen?

Please stop calling BS on everything, it's annoying.

Just because you don't know about something doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Go read it here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/703965-misunderstanding-causes-fight-among-str-protesters/

BANGKOK: -- An anti-government protester has been wounded by fellow activist in a brawl caused by "misunderstanding".

The fistfight took place at 21.00 last night in a rally site maintained by the Student and People Network for Thailand′s Reform (STR), close to Gate 5 of the Government House. Gunshots were also heard in the area.

Rescue workers identified the wounded protester as Mr. Soraphong Phasuk, 37, who suffered cut wounds on his head. The man was transported to Ramatibodi Hospital.

Mr. Nasser Yeema, a security leader of the STR, said Mr. Soraphong got in fight with another protester due to certain "misunderstanding". Mr. Soraphong was eventually stabbed by a knife, and the assailant fled the scene shortly afterward, Mr. Nasser added.

Mr. Nasser also claimed that no one was wounded by the gunfire, although rescue workers said a man with a gunshot wound was found near Gate 4 of the Government House and has been subsequently sent to hospital.

Edited by ShannonT
  • Like 1

This is disgusting. This is Bankgok NOT Bagdhad people. This rubbish needs to stop now !

It is a clan war by any another name. No religious division to plumb,

but it is an us against them clan battle for power.

Of course one clan wants absolute total power and will use extreme violence to get it.

And the other side just wants to stop being the victim of the first side,

it's kleptocracy and vindictive facade of democracy government.

One clan already has the power. Remember? We had elections and a government. There was peace until Suthep came along. So who is the other side that is trying to get power using violence?

I think you need to get your facts straight.

The election was in 2011. From then until November 2013 Thailand was governed by the PTP coalition with PTP having a majority. The Democrats formed the opposition with Suthep being a member of that opposition. Whatever has happened since November Suthep was a part of the democratically elected parliament.

The present situation was started by the push by the PTP for an amnesty. There would have been many beneficiaries of the amnesty. Ordinary red shirt members who the Democrats were willing to see released anyway as far as I know. Abhisit and Suthep for their murder charges which they didn't want anyway as they were prepared to go to court and defend themselves. It would appear that many who were involved in corruption would also have benefited but I can't see why anyone would support that. Then there is Thaksin. The government has always stated that this and other amnesty attempts were not directed at Thaksin but it's difficult to reach any other conclusion.

It looks to me as if Suthep and others saw the split in the pro government ranks when the amnesty included Abhisit and Suthep who they have been persuaded were responsible for the deaths in 2010 and and been promised justice for those deaths although there has been no investigation into the army's role.

I don't like Suthep or much of what he's done and said but to suggest that he's entirely responsible for what has happened just doesn't add up. Don't forget that he's controlled by the elite in Bangkok if we're to believe all we are told by government supporters.

Sounds like a 5 or 6 year old boy was killed.

Anyone that pushes blame onto parents for the death of a son will be reported by me. I hope every poster that reads this does the same. Have some respect for the dead. You are only showing your true colors when you do what you do.

It is not the parents fault. It is the terrorists fault.

Shame.

I don't think anyone is blaming the parents for the deaths directly, but children should not be anywhere near danger, and in case you haven't realized, these places have become very dangerous lately. Go ahead, report this post if you want. But in case my point wasn't clear enough already ill say it again - childrens safely should be put above politics. that means getting those children out of the danger zones immediately.

This happened out the front of a Big C.

You complain about the protesters blocking Bangkok and now you want children locked up in the safety of their homes?

If the Government and CMPO were fulfilling their duties (legally) and managing these protests the chances of these attacks occurring would be minimal!

The Government is failing to protect their own citizens.

If no one would protest there would not be any violence, how dare this people feel unhappy with the PTP regime, how dare they criticise and protest. Now it would be perfect if the whole country just rolled over and become red for Dr.T, the redder the merrier.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds like a 5 or 6 year old boy was killed.

Anyone that pushes blame onto parents for the death of a son will be reported by me. I hope every poster that reads this does the same. Have some respect for the dead. You are only showing your true colors when you do what you do.

It is not the parents fault. It is the terrorists fault.

Shame.

I don't think anyone is blaming the parents for the deaths directly, but children should not be anywhere near danger, and in case you haven't realized, these places have become very dangerous lately. Go ahead, report this post if you want. But in case my point wasn't clear enough already ill say it again - childrens safely should be put above politics. that means getting those children out of the danger zones immediately.

This happened out the front of a Big C.

You complain about the protesters blocking Bangkok and now you want children locked up in the safety of their homes?

If the Government and CMPO were fulfilling their duties (legally) and managing these protests the chances of these attacks occurring would be minimal!

The Government is failing to protect their own citizens.

If no one would protest there would not be any violence, how dare this people feel unhappy with the PTP regime, how dare they criticise and protest. Now it would be perfect if the whole country just rolled over and become red for Dr.T, the redder the merrier.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Now to use your argument. If yingluck didn't abuse her authority to push an amnesty through to get her brother off corruption charges and home a free man then they wouldn't be protesting. This argument can go back along way.

The bit about the whole country rolling over and becoming red would be described as a one party state. A one party state is not a democracy by the way, unless you do want Thailand to become a one party state.

BTW - In a one party state you can get away with saying "how dare they criticize and protest" In a democracy……..not so much.

Edited by djjamie

Unfortunately they are also in a potential war zone now there are far less dangerous places or ways to make a living that selling in a protest zone and exposing your kids to risk. I go and do some of my banking as you get the best rates available in Thailand on currency exchange there. I go and I leave asap I do not hang around, now its turned into daytime attacks I wont even set foot in any protest or closed off zone not be anywhere near it, not even in daylight or at 8am in a deserted asoke. Just isnt worth the risk now

I spent a few hrs today watching and listening to Suthep on stage, nothing but disgusting bile coming out of his mouth all the time, some things that would get you beaten to a pulp anywhere in Thailand if said to someones face, i mean hes saying nothing to calm things no interest just talk that is just more inflammatory. He clearly wants violence and a confrontation, really have seen his mask slip last day or so hes no better than some of the UDD talk going on ... hes no interest in the anything but his own agenda and whipping up the storm.

Yingluck HAS come out and condemned this violence and has been talking and has been at least showing concern and saying the right things. Abhisit needs to also condemn it publicly and they also need to be seen in the same place talking if only for a photo shoot... need a message out there asap that talks are possible. Joint statement would be great.

Things are gathering speed this is not a good situation, really need the dems and all political parties including PTP need to get on national TV and call for calm, this extends to the Royals now they need to speak to the nation asap before the cracks get any wider.

If these leaders care they will address the nation and call for calm.

You are mistaken I assure you, its also a restricted to regular traffic area. Bit like a walking street due to the protest area being so close. Only drop off and pick up allowed there not public traffic.

As for your attempt at a post fight sorry pal I will not be shoved into the little red/yellow box paradigm by the likes of you.

Suthep is pushing the red buttons with every intention of escalating things at the expense and safety of normal people... He dosnt care and i condemn his action, methods and rhetoric regarding violence, totally and resoundingly just as I have any violence for a decade including the UDD and Thaksin and the armed forces and police when it butchers the people, they are all from the same disgusting mould with little difference ...

Clear enough for you where I stand ?

Same same, little different about sums it up.

• Like 2

I have been driving in and around the Surat Thani protest since it started as well as walking through it to access the govt buildings, no violence people simply doing the normal things and lots of stalls. The only time there has been violence at any of the sites is when the reds/police confront them and then BOTH sides get into it. If I were the army there is no way in hell I would be handing over the suspects as they will probably be freed an bail and driven to the border like the others, no way in hell will they allow someone that can finger anyone to be got at, in my opinion of coursesad.png