16 injured in blast near anti-govt protest in Bangkok

Lite Beer

No but when the authorities aren't doing their job, people have no choice but to do their jobs for them. Countless bomb and gun attacks on protestors since the protests started. Are the police any closer to actually catching anyone?

No, they aren't ...but what is worse? Catching nobody? Or arresting and blaming an innocent tuk tuk driver?

He's lucky he didn't get killed on the spot by the PDRC guard.

The PDRC guards have beaten taxi drivers unconscious and shot at cars who took a wrong turn in the middle of the night.

I don't think people taking the law into their own hands is good for Thailand at this time.

We need order, not anarchy.

We don't know he's guilty but we don't know he's innocent either. The point of the matter is when the police don't do their jobs, citizens will take the law into their own hands. And this isn't just here. If you had a ineffectual police force anywhere else int he world where they couldn't protect the people from being shot at and bombed daily, the people will defend themselves.

Whatever the case, the tuk tuk driver wasn't 'lucky'. The PRDC guards didn't kill him because except for that one unfortunate incident with the taxi driver, they've done their job with restraint and this is after 3 months of relentless violent attacks on them.

We need order, not anarchy. Yeah nice slogan. The thing is the ineffectual Shinawatra government has lost control of the situation. So what you need from them, you're not going to get.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is sad that children were injured in attacks, but it will continue until PDRC ends his "no negotiation" stance, it is extremely clear they are not going to gain power. Yet PDRC will not sit down and attempt to find a peaceful solution to this violence, until the country is torn apart by the cruelty of war, ...

Cheers

Not injured, killed. It looks like you condone the killing of children as long as PDRC continues its protest. Is that the case?

No but when the authorities aren't doing their job, people have no choice but to do their jobs for them. Countless bomb and gun attacks on protestors since the protests started. Are the police any closer to actually catching anyone?

No, they aren't ...but what is worse? Catching nobody? Or arresting and blaming an innocent tuk tuk driver?

He's lucky he didn't get killed on the spot by the PDRC guard.

The PDRC guards have beaten taxi drivers unconscious and shot at cars who took a wrong turn in the middle of the night.

I don't think people taking the law into their own hands is good for Thailand at this time.

We need order, not anarchy.

We don't know he's guilty but we don't know he's innocent either. The point of the matter is when the police don't do their jobs, citizens will take the law into their own hands. And this isn't just here. If you had a ineffectual police force anywhere else int he world where they couldn't protect the people from being shot at and bombed daily, the people will defend themselves.

Whatever the case, the tuk tuk driver wasn't 'lucky'. The PRDC guards didn't kill him because except for that one unfortunate incident with the taxi driver, they've done their job with restraint and this is after 3 months of relentless violent attacks on them.

We need order, not anarchy. Yeah nice slogan. The thing is the ineffectual Shinawatra government has lost control of the situation. So what you need from them, you're not going to get.

The police lost control of the situation, you're right ...but because Suthep begged the courts for the not to be allowed to be armed, which is ridiculous.

The PDRC didn't use "restraint" anywhere. They are shooting at civilians and drivers who take wrong turns without even checking who's in the car. I don't have the time to find all the ThaiVisa news post but they are there if anyone is interested.

On one side you're saying that the police needs to get control of the situation, but on the other hand you will surely complain if they use force against violent protesters. So which way is it? The police can't do their job with jelly batons and chewing gum bullets. You will end up complaining either way.

Edited by ShannonT
  • Like 1

The police lost control of the situation, you're right ...but because Suthep begged the courts for the not to be allowed to be armed, which is ridiculous.

The PDRC didn't use "restraint" anywhere. They are shooting at civilians and drivers who take wrong turns without even checking who's in the car. I don't have the time to find all the ThaiVisa news post but they are there if anyone is interested.

On one side you're saying that the police needs to get control of the situation, but on the other hand you will surely complain if they use force against violent protesters. So which way is it? The police can't do their job with jelly batons and chewing gum bullets. You will end up complaining either way.

Once again, blame Suthep. That's all you reds know how to do.

So what if they're not armed. If the police had done their jobs properly in the first place, the protestors would have trusted them. After daily shootings and bombings, they couldn't even find a suspect in these attacks. So why arm a bunch of people who can't prevent the attacks nor catch the perpetrators? And then worst of all, you have a red shirt policeman on stage gleefully cheering the deaths of the protestors in Trat. How do you expect people to trust the police?

The PRDC have used restraint. How many dead civilians and police are there as compared to dead protestors? If they were truly out of control, the body count would be much higher.

If the police did their job right and fairly and if they went after the cowards who keep on attacking the protestors, then fine if they're forced to use violence against the protestors. As it is, right now, they're just a tool of the corrupt government. You can't selectively 'enforce' the law.

So what if they're not armed. If the police had done their jobs properly in the first place, the protestors would have trusted them. After daily shootings and bombings, they couldn't even find a suspect in these attacks. So why arm a bunch of people who can't prevent the attacks nor catch the perpetrators? And then worst of all, you have a red shirt policeman on stage gleefully cheering the deaths of the protestors in Trat. How do you expect people to trust the police?

The PRDC have used restraint. How many dead civilians and police are there as compared to dead protestors? If they were truly out of control, the body count would be much higher.

If the police did their job right and fairly and if they went after the cowards who keep on attacking the protestors, then fine if they're forced to use violence against the protestors. As it is, right now, they're just a tool of the corrupt government. You can't selectively 'enforce' the law.

If you bothered to read a few pages back, I said that I condemn violence on both sides. Only in my last post, I am referring to Suthep, because it seems like he's regarded as an angel by the PDRC protesters when he's really not. Just last week he called on red shirts to come to Bangkok because he would serve them "popcorn" and in the same statement he said that he really admired the popcorn shooters and liked their work.

What kind of so called peaceful protest leader admires murderers and encourages them to kill more people?

Edited by ShannonT

If you bothered to read a few pages back, I said that I condemn violence on both sides. Only in my last post, I am referring to Suthep, because it seems like he's regarded as an angel by the PDRC protesters when he's really not. Just last week he called on red shirts to come to Bangkok because he would serve them "popcorn" and in the same statement he said that he really admired the popcorn shooters and liked their work.

What kind of so called peaceful protest leader admires murderers and encourages them to kill more people?

You're deliberately misinterpreting what Suthep said. He made the threats about the 'popcorn vendors' in response to the red shirt threats that they would confront PRDC protestors. So it was the red shirts who made threats first.

What a load of crock you post sometimes. Protestors have been bombed two days in a row with casualties and you're trying to divert attention to Suthep's week old popcorn trolling. Pray tell, has any policeman, Shinawatra government official, red shirt been shot or bombed since the speech? Only people who have been dying here are the protestors.

Why would these people take their kids to rally sites? It's unbelievable.

A responsible mother/father should never do this.

Apparently, it happened next to BigC. They might have been just shopping.

These attacks are indiscriminate....just aimed to kill, not to target. The assailants are not concerned about woman or children or location. Hiding woman and children inside.??? Jeeeeeeesh... sounds like a seige mentality.

Legal demonstrations, I remind you. Courts have ruled.

Hiding and fear mongering is not what is required.......respecting the legal rights of innocent people is.

We could just as well say........why are murderers running around with grenades attacking innocents and getting away with it? Why are they being protected, and not the innocent children and women?

• Like 2

You're deliberately misinterpreting what Suthep said. He made the threats about the 'popcorn vendors' in response to the red shirt threats that they would confront PRDC protestors. So it was the red shirts who made threats first.

What a load of crock you post sometimes. Protestors have been bombed two days in a row with casualties and you're trying to divert attention to Suthep's week old popcorn trolling. Pray tell, has any policeman, Shinawatra government official, red shirt been shot or bombed since the speech? Only people who have been dying here are the protestors.

Read it yourself:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Suthep-warns-red-shirt-leaders-of-popcorn-vendors-30227329.html

There were no threats made by any red shirts of violence against the PDRC or Suthep - none.

The only thing the red shirts said is that they were coming to Bangkok, which is their right. Unless of course there is some law I'm not aware of that says that the city belongs to the PDRC.

The only person that threatened violence is Suthep when he said that liked the popcorn shooters and admired their work, which is basically murder people.

Here is the actual snippet that was on the ThaiVisa Twitter ticker:

Suthep expresses "love" for masked gunmen who targeted civilians, would like them to target Red Shirt leaders. http://t.co/skozPV4vLc

I don't know what you call this, but I call it supporting and encouraging murder.

I am not trying to divert away from the bombings, which I already said a few pages back were wrong. What I was pointing at is that Suthep is not the anti-violence messiah that he claims to be. He supports violence and encourages it with his speeches. He is quick to wish and threaten violence upon others but is the first to cry when something happens.

Again, violence is unacceptable on both sides, but the PDRC are not the innocent unarmed protesters that they claim to be. There are armed groups within the PDRC and when they clash with anti-PDRC armed groups, civilians are bound to be caught in the crossfire, no matter what their political affiliations are.

Political leaders on both sides should discourage violence, not encourage it like Suthep is doing.

But you are right, this post is about the bombings, so let's not get further off-topic.

Edited by ShannonT
  • Like 1

Seeing the Red Shirts cheering the death of a child shows what kind of people they are. While I can sympathize with the desire for democracy in Thailand and I can see that Suthep is trying to ensure that power remains in the hands of a few powerful people there is no way that I could ever support the UDD. Their thuggish and violent tactics are not democratic. Whether the attackers who are targeting children are UDD or not they have the support of the UDD leadership. The UDD is too barbaric and extreme. The use of bombs and grenades in public spaces to kill Thais is terrorism and has been condoned by the UDD which contains PT MPs. Shame on them they should be removed from office.

• Like 2

Read it yourself:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Suthep-warns-red-shirt-leaders-of-popcorn-vendors-30227329.html

There were no threats made by any red shirts of violence against the PDRC or Suthep - none.

The only thing the red shirts said is that they were coming to Bangkok, which is their right. Unless of course there is some law I'm not aware of that says that the city belongs to the PDRC.

The only person that threatened violence is Suthep when he said that liked the popcorn shooters and admired their work, which is basically murder people.

I am not trying to divert away from the bombings, which I already said a few pages back were wrong. What I was pointing at is that Suthep is not the anti-violence messiah that he claims to be. He supports violence and encourages it with his speeches. He is quick to wish and threaten violence upon others but is the first to cry when something happens.

Again, violence is unacceptable on both sides, but the PDRC are not the innocent unarmed protesters that they claim to be. There are armed groups within the PDRC and when they clash with anti-PDRC armed groups, civilians are bound to be caught in the crossfire, no matter what their political affiliations are.

But you are right, this post is about the bombings, so let's not get further off-topic.

"Regarding the announcement by red-shirt leaders that they would lead red-shirt people to confront the PDRC protesters, Suthep indicated that the red shirts might face attacks by unknown gunmen."

Sounds like a threat by the red shirts to me. Unless you're telling me when red shirts go confronting the PRDC protestors, they're going there with hugs and kisses in mind? I think not. whistling.gif

What you're doing is writing a lot of crap about Suthep and violence and yet for the most part of this 3 month campaign, it has been relatively peaceful. The only people who seem to be using violence are the ones shooting at and throwing bombs at the PRDC.

• Like 1

Seeing the Red Shirts cheering the death of a child shows what kind of people they are. While I can sympathize with the desire for democracy in Thailand and I can see that Suthep is trying to ensure that power remains in the hands of a few powerful people there is no way that I could ever support the UDD. Their thuggish and violent tactics are not democratic. Whether the attackers who are targeting children are UDD or not they have the support of the UDD leadership. The UDD is too barbaric and extreme. The use of bombs and grenades in public spaces to kill Thais is terrorism and has been condoned by the UDD which contains PT MPs. Shame on them they should be removed from office.

That was one member of the UDD that encouraged PDRC members being killed and he was quickly pulled off the stage by the other members, who then all denounced the bombings. I watched the entire video and I encourage you to do the same with someone who can translate it for you.

And the people that cheered were not all of the red shirts but perhaps 8 or 10 people. Watch the video again and you'll see it. Besides, it wasn't announced at the stage that children were killed, it just said "protesters". I have my doubts if they would have cheered if they had known it was children.

Maybe Suthep should kick out the armed groups among his protesters to show that his movement is indeed peaceful, but we all know he won't because it's not the all-peaceful movement that he claims it is.

At Din Daeng during the candidate registration in 2013, the police were shot at by gunmen among the PDRC, at Laksi the popcorn shooters were shooting at civilians, at the National Stadium we've had protesters smash bus windows with iron bars, then we had a Taxi driver almost beaten to death because he wanted to drive through the blockades. We also had somebody throw a hand grenade and shoot at the police when they wanted to clear the protest site, which then resulted in the police returning fire. Don't tell me it was the red shirts, because everyone here claims that the police are in bed with the red shirts and surely the red shirts wouldn't want to prevent the protest sites from being cleared. And don't say the police was wrong to return fire because if you're a policeman and someone throws a hand grenade at you and shoots at you, then you will also return fire. We also had drivers being shot at in the middle of the night because they took a wrong turn and drove into a PDRC barricade.

You can verify each of these incidents through ThaiVisa news postings. Do a search and you'll find each of them.

The protesters are not all innocent and unarmed. There is violence coming from both sides. I'm not supporting any violence from any side, but you can't just say one side is wrong being armed and shooting, while defending the other side who is doing exactly the same thing and claim they are innocent.

A few months after the Red shirts were put down by the army a wave of bombing hit Bangkok with a number of injured people, I do not remember if there were any deaths. I believe after some negotiations with and concessions to what has become the PTP the bombings stopped. It does appear these bombings are geared to cause fear in the general population and cause a drop in support for Suthep and his supporters.

If these bombs are set off by government supporters then it says little about the morals of the government and the people who represent it.

Rather a big "if" there.......

Given their past history, not such a big "if".

When judges of court barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites and disperse crowd that violated the rights of the public and clear illegal structures from the middle of the road, lawlessness prevails .

Send from my Mobile

Can you post supporting evidence for this allegation?

icommunity - A jpg is not enough. Appreciate a link to the website please so I can see the jpg in its full context.

The jpg says the defendant is the government (not the police) thus why I would appreciate the link to the website.

I thought you are so resourceful??????

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=7132&a=2

Are you going to say this is the government website???? Go and take the information and ask the civil court or sue the government for disinformation.

WOW! I hadn't actually seen that. The government and police are stymied, how can a court tell the police they are not allowed to search for weapons? That can not be legal, court or no court, they are stopping the police from upholding the law.

I think you guys should tone it down a bit, you'll get ThaiVisa shut down on Thai servers with all your Red v Yellow crap, I dare to venture many of the posts are slanderous.

If you feel so strongly, get your azz off to the protest sites, stop keep endangering the existence of this forum on Thai servers with your childish posts !

Besides, if Thaksin came back and changed the law so that long term Farangs could get 10 years visas with no 90 days reporting, you'd all think he was the best thing since sliced bread.

He already did change it.

It's his brainchild known as the Thai Elite Card and its not thought very highly of.

Edited by Davidhere
  • Like 1

enough is enough, Suthep should go to the negotiating table NOW instead of inflaming the situation on a daily basis with his rhetoric.

How can he negotiate with someobe who doesnt know what they are doing?

Besides, what is the point if negotiating when Sutheps first request will be for YL to leave?

Think about what you post before you enter it. Hmmmmn

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT

Suthep said Yingluck must be responsible for the violence and that the killers were foreigners. Via @madoodao

If the killers were foreigners, why did the PDRC detain the tuk tuk driver and say he was the bomber?

Cambodian tuk tuk driver perhaps?

Or did the PDRC accuse an innocent Thai just because they can.

The PDRC did not detain the driver the army did.

Please continue:

VIOLENCE
Deadly blast in city

The Nation

x30227589-01_big.gif,q1393195355328.page
A bomb blast hits the People

Ratchaprasong bomb kills two less than a day after Trat attack kills girl

BANGKOK: -- Violence looms increasingly over the capital and other provinces as anti-government protesters apply pressure to the government, including a campaign this week by the People's Democratic Reform Committee to "hunt" for Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706495-grenade-kills-two-in-bangkok-as-fears-mount-over-political-violence/

//CLOSED//