16 injured in blast near anti-govt protest in Bangkok

Lite Beer

Sounds like a 5 or 6 year old boy was killed.
Anyone that pushes blame onto parents for the death of a son will be reported by me. I hope every poster that reads this does the same. Have some respect for the dead. You are only showing your true colors when you do what you do.
It is not the parents fault. It is the terrorists fault.
Shame.

I don't think anyone is blaming the parents for the deaths directly, but children should not be anywhere near danger, and in case you haven't realized, these places have become very dangerous lately. Go ahead, report this post if you want. But in case my point wasn't clear enough already ill say it again - childrens safely should be put above politics. that means getting those children out of the danger zones immediately.

Why should people consider this a danger zone? Protesters going and confronting police. Dangerous. Protesters confronting opposition protesters. Dangerous. But these protest sites aren't, or haven't been, dangerous. Why are crazy people blowing up bombs at peaceful rallies?

• Like 1

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A report in the nation paper says the tuk tuk driver was release - store here - http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Tuk-tuk-driver-released-by-PDRC-guards-30227580.html

There was a number of Suthep supporters here earlier ready to hang the drive.

This in simple fact is not true. Outrage was directed at the terrorist(s) in general, but I do not remember anyone who advocated hanging the tuk tuk driver. Maybe I missed one, but I don't think so. At any rate, with an allegation of this sort, you should be prepared to name names and provide evidence that "Suthep supporters" were ready to "hang the drive" (sic), instead of making a generalized smear.
Sorry but those remarks was deleted by the Mod, so you just have to take my word for it. If you like it or not. I don't really care.

It's ironic that you would engage in an unsupportable charge of advocating violence by other participants in this thread, while you yourself have already been outed for having made precisely those those type of statements: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706342-scores-of-people-injured-in-bomb-attack-during-anti-government-rally-in-trat/page-9#entry7477510

In fact you could have been one of them that said the guy was a Red for sure. You just can't accept it when you wrong.

Edited by Red Snake

Well, this is what happens when a meglomaniacal ex democrat deputy priminister is backed by the Ammart . . .he invited the Redshirts to engage in the turmoil and said he was waiting for them. He cost some children their lives with his irresponsible posturing.

And, YES! Anyone who lets their children go anywhere near a protest site is not fit to be a parent. I don't care if it's Big C or not, don't go shopping there!!

If Suthep had agreed (or been allowed to agree) to talks months ago this could have been avoided but now what seemed inevitable to some has arrived but don't worry, in the forthcoming bloodbath the ruling elite of Thailand will just sit back in safety and watch the bodies pile up.

• Like 1

A few months after the Red shirts were put down by the army a wave of bombing hit Bangkok with a number of injured people, I do not remember if there were any deaths. I believe after some negotiations with and concessions to what has become the PTP the bombings stopped. It does appear these bombings are geared to cause fear in the general population and cause a drop in support for Suthep and his supporters.

If these bombs are set off by government supporters then it says little about the morals of the government and the people who represent it.

Quite an odd thing I can't say I understand...

I have some Thai neighbors... very peaceful and calm middle to upper middle class sorts ... who have been consistent participants in the anti-government protests in central BKK, the mall area locations.

Normally, they go to the Asoke protest site near Terminal 21 in the evenings. Tonight, after hearing of the bombing at Big C, they were heading to join the other protesters at the Ratchaprasong site. That certainly takes some guts in my book.

The same thing happened after the first Victory Monument bombings; Thais went to support the cause.

It's good that they're not intimidated by the terrorist Red Shirts.

Not having any color preferences or political opinions in a country where im merely a guest, i have however followed the news - I just returned home from a tour of the protest sites. Living in Bangkok I thought it was time to inspect for myself :-)

By the time i got home i read that there had been a bomb blast at BigC near the main stage. That was about 1 hour before i walked the area between the two main stages in the center.
So what did i observe there?
Not one police officer in seight, neither at the rally sites nor along the long road between the sites.
Some army patrol setup though with red cross symbols nicely away from the rally sites. But with only 2-3 soldiers inside the tent.

At the rally sites i saw only grown up people, no kids - except for the numerous food and selling stands along the way where there were kids. But inside the rally sites, no kids.
The people inside the rally sites are just normal citizens, obviously there are many southerns, you can see and hear that. Most of them are older, there are not many people below 30 at the rally sites.

No thugs or suspicious looking types - just normal Thai people from all layers of society.

It was not what i expected at all.

I think the random bombing thing is a simple strategy to get people to stay away. I for one, is not going there anymore, and neither is the people i know who actually support the anti government protesters.

Whoever is behind the bombing must have that single strategy in mind - keep the protesters away by using fear.
Whoever is behind the bombing i have no idea but it is definitely not the PDRC themselves in order to stir up the anger - because for every bomb that will explode - protesters will slowly disappear.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago from yingluck on FB. Notice she has not even acknowledged or is not aware of the child that died in Trat. Really sympathetic and in tune with whats going on.

I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost. My deepest condolences are for the victims who are injured and to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without any regard for human lives. The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception.

I would like to ask all sides of the political divide that we may see things differently and there are many ways to express those differences. But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process.

come on, at least she finally said something. And we don't know if she was refering to the children in Trat or not. These things go through so many filters before they get translated (really, this looks like it was written by an adult - when Thai gets translated word for word it always sounds like a 5 year old is talking). She did say children, not child. As far as I know right now, 2 children were murdered in Trat and one today in Bangkok. So she was probably referring to both incidents.

I am not going to argue more excuses which seem to be the flavor of the day for PTP supporters more so today than any other.

In short she is not sincere and for it to go through filters and to be misinterpreted for the world to read highlights that lack of sincerity even more.

What respectable leader of any country sends her condolences on Facebook for 2 major terrorist attacks in 2 days with 3 children dead? Then again what leader of any country gets their orders on Skype!

Edited by djjamie

Order no.3. Oh I am getting tired and sleepy.

Your quote

"barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites"

Order number 3 (according to your information):

3. To prohibit the three defendants from issuing an order to search, remove, or demolish buildings, structures or barriers put up by the plaintiff;

Key points in that ruling are:

1. it applies to "buildings, structures or barriers"
  2. It does not prohibit searching people or their belongings
  3. it does not prohibit anyone else (besides the 3 defendants) from issuing any order

Get your facts right matey and stop posting utter cr_p.

I let the CMPO to seek clarification from the judges of civil court. Who else can issue an order to search, remove, or demolish buildings, structures or barriers put up by the plaintiff. May be BMA? eg. Illegal structures are right in the middle of the roads.

My reaction to the violence was:

When judges of court barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites and disperse crowd that violated the rights of the public and clear illegal structures from the middle of the road, lawlessness prevails .

Sorry? are you back peddling now?

Please explain how order no. 3 substantiates your claim of "barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites"

Or else admit you were wrong and apologize (that is if you are man enough).

And I think the police can search anywhere they like if they have reasonable grounds.

We were not talking about illegal structures - we were talking about searching. You can't go and change the goals mid discussion.

btw what about the 9 orders you talk about lol.

Awaiting your reply smile.png

16 minutes ago from yingluck on FB. Notice she has not even acknowledged or is not aware of the child that died in Trat. Really sympathetic and in tune with whats going on.

####I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost. My deepest condolences are for the victims who are injured and to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without any regard for human lives. The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception.

I would like to ask all sides of the political divide that we may see things differently and there are many ways to express those differences. But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process.####

So that sums up 2 days of terrorist attacks. The PM sending a FB message were she can't even get her facts right about the death of a child in Trat. A DEM keyboard warrior knows more about the casualties than the leader of the country. Some leader. (I have not seen a televised sincere TV address yet??)

About 4 hours away there was a UDD "Beat the war drum" meeting of peaceful UDD supporters of which 4000 laughed, cheered and clapped in unison when they heard about the deaths or innocent protestors in Trat.

I am glad I don't support this trash.

Do you even read what you quote?

Because in her post, which you pasted here yourself, she is clearly referring t the children who died in Trat and Rajprasong.

She also got the facts right about multiple people dying in Trat, because it is now 2 children who died there.

It seems like you are the one who is getting the facts wrong, not Yingluck.

Next time you should get updated yourself before making fun of others.

Parse her first sentence carefully.

A report in the nation paper says the tuk tuk driver was release - store here - http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Tuk-tuk-driver-released-by-PDRC-guards-30227580.html

There was a number of Suthep supporters here earlier ready to hang the drive.

This in simple fact is not true. Outrage was directed at the terrorist(s) in general, but I do not remember anyone who advocated hanging the tuk tuk driver. Maybe I missed one, but I don't think so. At any rate, with an allegation of this sort, you should be prepared to name names and provide evidence that "Suthep supporters" were ready to "hang the drive" (sic), instead of making a generalized smear.

It's ironic that you would engage in an unsupportable charge of advocating violence by other participants in this thread, while you yourself have already been outed for having made precisely those those type of statements: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706342-scores-of-people-injured-in-bomb-attack-during-anti-government-rally-in-trat/page-9#entry7477510

In fact you could have been one of them that said the guy was a Red for sure. You just can't accept it when you wrong.

And, now, I can say flat out that you are lying. I never said that. I never commented on the tuk tuk driver at all. I have never promoted the use of violence or asked for the death of anybody. As opposed to your posts I linked to, in which you advocated throwing a grenade. In fact, virtually all of your posts are meant to progpagandize and inflame.

• Like 2

I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost. My deepest condolences are for the victims who are injured and to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without any regard for human lives. The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception.

I would like to ask all sides of the political divide that we may see things differently and there are many ways to express those differences. But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process.

come on, at least she finally said something. And we don't know if she was refering to the children in Trat or not. These things go through so many filters before they get translated (really, this looks like it was written by an adult - when Thai gets translated word for word it always sounds like a 5 year old is talking). She did say children, not child. As far as I know right now, 2 children were murdered in Trat and one today in Bangkok. So she was probably referring to both incidents.

I am not going to argue more excuses which seem to be the flavor of the day for PTP supporters more so today than any other.

In short she is not sincere and for it to go through filters and to be misinterpreted for the world to read highlights that lack of sincerity even more.

What respectable leader of any country sends her condolences on Facebook for 2 major terrorist attacks in 2 days with 3 children dead? Then again what leader of any country gets their orders on Skype!

that's a legitimate opinion. Why didn't you just say that in your original post?

I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost. My deepest [/size]condolences are for the victims who are injured and to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without any regard for human lives. The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception.

I would like to ask all sides of the political divide that we may see things differently and there are many ways to express those differences. But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process.[/size]

I would imagine any respectable leader would use Facebook to communicate.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidCameronOfficial

Nothing Yingluck does is going to satisfy you, or no doubt Suthep. Therein lies the problem.

• Like 2

What ... out the front of Big C there is no parking, so the area would have been free of cars and quite easy to 'short term park' there. Do you even know the area?
As far as I know it is NOT possible to get there in a vehicle and hasn't been for 2 months. The whole block from Zen corner back to Big C has been 'occupied'

What about the Asoke intersection? Do you reckon you can get in there?

You can. I have driven down to within a hundred metres of the stage a couple of times in the last week, once at 8:30pm. This morning I was in a taxi 50 metres from the stage and went down Soi Cowboy.

In short she is not sincere and for it to go through filters and to be misinterpreted for the world to read highlights that sincerity even more.

You realize that the post on Facebook was just a copy of her press statement, right? Or that fact not reach your neck of the woods?

The trees are dense in that neck of the woods..........

• Like 1

Hahahaha, either you are not up-to-date or lie.

All the courts said to the police was they can enforce the law 'lawfully' (paraphrased).

I posted this to another nonsense post you made about this subject earlier today.

If you can provide me with evidence to the contrary I will admit my mistake and apologize- balls in your court matey...

Hahaha, you are another nonsense, you did not read the nine orders of the judges.

Umm... nine orders?

The link you posted has 12? Are you sure YOU know what you are talking about??

1. To prohibit the three defendants from using force, or from authorising the use of force or weapons, to disperse the protest held by the plaintiff and the public;

2. To prohibit the three defendants from ordering seizure of goods, consumer goods, chemical substances or other materials used in the protest organised by the plaintiff;

3. To prohibit the three defendants from issuing an order to search, remove, or demolish buildings, structures or barriers put up by the plaintiff;

4. To prohibit the three defendants from issuing an order requesting all sales, use or possession of goods, medical supplies, consumer goods which might be used in the protest held by the plaintiff, to be reported or given permission from relevant officers;

5. To prohibit the three defendants from banning any act that could block roads and traffic, or any act that could disrupt the normal use of public roads, in all the areas used by the plaintiff to organise the protest;

6. To prohibit the three defendants from banning gatherings of five persons or more;

7. To prohibit the three defendants from banning the use of roads or vehicles, or from setting conditions on the use of roads for the purposes of the protest;

8. To prohibit the three defendants from banning the use of buildings by the plaintiff, or banning the plaintiff from entering or residing in any place, or from entering into any areas;

9. To prohibit the three defendants from ordering the plaintiff and the protesters to leave the protest sites, or from banning entry into those areas;

10. To prohibit the three defendants from using force, or authorising the use of force by other officers, to disrupt the protest organised by the defendants

11. To allow the plaintiff and the general public to use or remain in the areas where the Decree is in force;

12. To allow the plaintiff to use roads or vehicles, or to park vehicles in the areas where the Decree is in force.

Wow…this is anarchy!

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT

Suthep said Yingluck must be responsible for the violence and that the killers were foreigners. Via @madoodao

If the killers were foreigners, why did the PDRC detain the tuk tuk driver and say he was the bomber?

Cambodian tuk tuk driver perhaps?

Or did the PDRC accuse an innocent Thai just because they can.

They detained the tuk tuk driver because he was right at the blast site. What should they have do? Just let him go without the authorities questioning him?

hmmm... by your reckoning there should be no logical community action. What if the tuk tuk drive was the bomber? And he was allowed to just drive of.

BhJs2jGCQAA0egE.jpg

One thing I noticed about the pics taken in the immediate aftermath of the attack is the total lack of a police presence. This is on the street just outside Big C and is not near any stages. It's the middle of one of Bangkok's biggest shopping districts, and no police. First responders were the army and rescue crews. The police didn't show up until the army had apprehended some possible suspects.

The lack of a police presence, in light of all the terrorist activity is most disturbing. Do they not care about the security of shoppers on the busy weekend?

Just for the record...

BhJ4bmJCMAAwSZL.jpg

The police are very nervous in breaking the rules the recent civil court judges.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=7132&a=2

Which order would that be? What number?

Here we go again.

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT

Suthep said Yingluck must be responsible for the violence and that the killers were foreigners. Via @madoodao

If the killers were foreigners, why did the PDRC detain the tuk tuk driver and say he was the bomber?

Cambodian tuk tuk driver perhaps?

Or did the PDRC accuse an innocent Thai just because they can.

They detained the tuk tuk driver because he was right at the blast site. What should they have do? Just let him go without the authorities questioning him?

hmmm... by your reckoning there should be no logical community action. What if the tuk tuk drive was the bomber? And he was allowed to just drive of.

BhJs2jGCQAA0egE.jpg

What I'd like to know is why the PDRC guards are allowed to detain people on a public street.

Rajprasong is a public street and Suthep's PDRC guards are not army or police. Where do they take the right from to detain people at their will? Am I allowed also to go out onto the streets and detain people that I consider a threat?

Is there a law that gives PDRC guards the right to detain people?

• Like 1

Big C is fenced in by the protests- to get into big C (this morning at 11 am) from either direction, you had to walk past a guard checking bags. This is NOT to say that parents should be avoiding areas that the protesters have claimed. To the poster who says he hasn't seen police or army presence-- has he been to Lumphini park coming from Wireless Rd? To the intersection on Phetburi? Silom road (in front of Bangkok Bank)? I counted 12 manned bunkers in my stroll two days ago- though agree- NO police in sight.

I'm afraid the days of pointing fingers are coming to an end- now could begin the bad shit. Debates about 'who started it' will be the priviledge of those living off shore.

Thida's comments today are ominous-- and fully to be expected. People learn the easy way -- or the hard way- that there is a reason for law- for procedure- for dispassionate debate. There is much that happens in Thailand that would not be permitted in more stable countries-- (and let's not get into the nature of Thai culture that treats the law as little more than a tool with which to hammer your enemy when grenades are not available).

Anyone watching events unfold since the airport occupation- and the subsequent consolidation of Thaksin support- knew this would happen- and we will, I fear, see much worse.

Personally I can't understand why the Reds would be engaged in these bombings- unless they are loner cowboys- because in so doing, they are inviting a military coup. And very possibly another Abhisit led government.

Or all out civil war-- in which case nobody will win.

The reds have been so far, not villified by the west the way the gov't in Ukraine has been. It makes no sense that they would seek to lose the moral high ground. But-- times like this defy logic--

The Red Shirts are primed and ready to engage in violence, the reaction on their seminar today is a clear indication of their morals vis-a-vis violence and murder.

Don´t understimate years of relentless propaganda, the easiest way to keep people in control is to keep them scared and angry, and their "leaders" have been very busy working on that.

Huh, very tired and sleepy already. You can find it from my reply to some posters here.

Now explain how the court ruling is the reason why anti-government protesters are murdered.

So you are accusing that some one murdered the anti-government protesters.

My version is

When judges of court barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites and disperse crowd that violated the rights of the public and clear illegal structures from the middle of the road, lawlessness prevails.

You do realize that is a completely spineless answer, do you? Man up, drop the innuendo, say what you really mean.

One thing I noticed about the pics taken in the immediate aftermath of the attack is the total lack of a police presence. This is on the street just outside Big C and is not near any stages. It's the middle of one of Bangkok's biggest shopping districts, and no police. First responders were the army and rescue crews. The police didn't show up until the army had apprehended some possible suspects.

The lack of a police presence, in light of all the terrorist activity is most disturbing. Do they not care about the security of shoppers on the busy weekend?

Just for the record...

BhJ4bmJCMAAwSZL.jpg

The police are very nervous in breaking the rules the recent civil court judges.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=7132&a=2

Which order would that be? What number?

Here we go again.

I think it's #5:

5. To prohibit the three defendants from banning any act that could block roads and traffic, or any act that could disrupt the normal use of public roads, in all the areas used by the plaintiff to organise the protest;

The police were clearly blocking the PDRC walking street aka. picnic zone.

Only the PDRC are allowed to block streets according to the court order, not the police.

• Like 1

Ha! These rallies don't seem so peaceful to me. I myself am not going to go hang out at any of them and there is no way I would let my kid do so either! Even if I was Thai! There is a greater number of Thais that are not attending these "rallies" than are.

A responsible parent would educate their child but leave them at home or in a safe place away from any possibility of harm or violence....not anywhere near a rally site! How much is a 5 or 6 year old kid going to understand about what is "at stake"?

The kids and their parents are there to protest. They are running stalls and selling things. They are making a living. They also don't have baby sitters and maids at home to look after their kids.

I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost. My deepest [/size]condolences are for the victims who are injured and to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without any regard for human lives. The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception.

I would like to ask all sides of the political divide that we may see things differently and there are many ways to express those differences. But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process.[/size]

I would imagine any respectable leader would use Facebook to communicate.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidCameronOfficial

Nothing Yingluck does is going to satisfy you, or no doubt Suthep. Therein lies the problem.

You are joking right?

I didn't say communicate. I said to send condolences. Why does everything need to be spelt out to you guys. You won't see David Cameron post a FB message on terrorist attacks before he does a televised speech.

You guys are really reaching.

Edited by djjamie