Coffee Beans Recomendation

GinBoy2

I'll start this with a confession

' My name is Peter, and I'm a Coffaholic'

Yes, I can easily plow through a kilo of Expresso beans in a couple of weeks, and the cost of buying them from Starbucks was eating me out of house and home. Discovered that Verasu expresso is very similar and costs 690Baht/Kg versus 459Baht/250g from Starbucks. They have a good mail order service from Bangkok which is handy for those of us in Back of Beyond land. Well I hope that of interest to other addicts, now must be time for my next cup....off to the cappuccino machine we go!

Starbucks still have the best selection of "world" beans in Thailand. Buy 4 get one bag free makes it more reasonable. And to be honest I have never found readily available beans that come close to them.

Failing that go Nespresso.

Edited by negreanu

Starbucks still have the best selection of "world" beans in Thailand. Buy 4 get one bag free makes it more reasonable. And to be honest I have never found readily available beans that come close to them.

Failing that go Nespresso.

I agree Starbucks selection is the best in Thailand (trust me, I've imbibed enough over the years) but even with the free one after buying 4, still getting beaten price wise by Verasu. Since I'll admit that I am a bit of a coffee snob, thats why I recommended Verasu coffee since their roast comes pretty close at a much lower price

Edited by GinBoy2

It ain't the quality of the bean, it's the quality of the brewing process

too a degree. But shit in = shit out.

Yes and Yes, but the roasting process is probably more important. You can take identical beans, and dependent on the roasting the resultant brewed coffee can either Heaven or Hell, or in the parlance of the quote, Nectar or Shit

give the duang hill tribe coffee growers a call[053 219361] or [o816029180] I buy 5 kilo of ground from them at 340bht.a kilo.sent from c.m. to korat by bus or post.i do know they supply beans so why don't you give them a try.for me personely you wont get better.