Appreciate Advice

Hi all, I recently lost my job and my work permit will be cancelled 1st March, my old company said I can continue to use my Non-B visa until it runs out in September. Is this true as I have a 90 day report at Changwhattana March 11th and don't want any problems?

It appears your obtained an extension of stay from immigration since you have been making 90 day reports. An extension of based upon working ends on the date your job ends and you must leave the country or apply for a 7 day extension.

If you had a valid multiple entry visa from an embassy or consulate it would remain valid.

• Like 1

Thats what I had also thought, some people have said just continue to report as normal as immigration won't know, my company said they are only notifying Labour department not immigration! I was also told many people do this, lose their job but continue to use the non b visa!

As I said if you truly had a valid non-b visa instead of an extension of stay it would remain valid.

There have many people that thought they could stay and had to pay the maximum overstay fine (500 baht per day) of 20k baht because their extension of stay was canceled. Their have been reports of some work permit offices notifying immigration when a work permit is canceled.