Cheese Making Supplies

kieran2698

I have some Cheese Making Ingredients for sale if anyone is interested in having a go at making their own cheese.

Liquid Rennet
25ml
For all types of cheese
1 drops per 1 liter of milk
250 Baht - 25ml - Enough for about 100 liters of milk

TA61 Thermophilic Culture Powder
1.5g
For making hard, Italian & Swiss cheeses like Parmesan, Romano, Provolone, Mozzarella, Monterrey jack & Emmental/Swiss or YOGHURT
Approximately 1/10 tsp.(0.23g) for 4 - 35 liters of milk
250 Baht - 1.5g - Enough for over 100 liters of milk

Lipase Powder
20g
For a more flavorful cheese
Use up to 1.5g per 5 Liters depending on taste
250 Baht - 20g - Enough for about 100 liters of milk

Can post anywhere in Thailand FREE of charge
Payments by PayPal or ATM bank deposit or on collection.

I have some Cheese Making Ingredients for sale if anyone is interested in having a go at making their own cheese.

Liquid Rennet

25ml

For all types of cheese

1 drops per 1 liter of milk

250 Baht - 25ml - Enough for about 100 liters of milk

TA61 Thermophilic Culture Powder

1.5g

For making hard, Italian & Swiss cheeses like Parmesan, Romano, Provolone, Mozzarella, Monterrey jack & Emmental/Swiss or YOGHURT

Approximately 1/10 tsp.(0.23g) for 4 - 35 liters of milk

250 Baht - 1.5g - Enough for over 100 liters of milk

Lipase Powder

20g

For a more flavorful cheese

Use up to 1.5g per 5 Liters depending on taste

250 Baht - 20g - Enough for about 100 liters of milk

Can post anywhere in Thailand FREE of charge

Payments by PayPal or ATM bank deposit or on collection.

appreciated OP, more food ideas in this particular country is Grand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I can put together a simple guide to making Mozzarella and Feta, they are really not difficult and as a bonus you get ricotta as a by-product. But when you start getting into matured cheeses they need somewhere to mature in the cool which means Air-con = $$$

You will also need a large stainless pot, a fine cloth to strain with, thermometer and everything must be very clean.

I can put together a simple guide to making Mozzarella and Feta, they are really not difficult and as a bonus you get ricotta as a by-product. But when you start getting into matured cheeses they need somewhere to mature in the cool which means Air-con = $$$

You will also need a large stainless pot, a fine cloth to strain with, thermometer and everything must be very clean.

Would be appreciated if you could tell how to make "cultures", which is in a similar category. This country lacks Probiotic supplements, however a quality cheddar cheese would also be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

For making cultures you first heat pasteurised milk to 43 Celsius then add the dried culture TA61 and then keep the milk at as close to 38 Celsius as possible for 7 hours by which time you will have a thick natural yogurt full of pro-biotic Streptococcus Thermophilus and now it can be refrigerated. When you are nearly out of yogurt you just repeat the process but instead of using the dried culture TA61 you can use a cup of yogurt in a liter of milk. If you ever forget to keep some or run out of yogurt you can use some more of the dried culture that you store in the freezer, 1.5g of TA61 will make a lot of yogurt.

Making Cheddar is a bit harder as you have to keep the cheese at 11 Celsius while it matures and most fridges are too cold although I hear that some people have had good success with wine coolers. The village of Cheddar has caves which are naturally at 11 Celsius all year long which they use for the maturing.

Making mozzarella and a crumbly feta are much easier and ready almost immediately. Mozzarella freezes fairly well and Feta can be stored in brine or in oil almost indefinitely meaning you can make up large batches.

• Like 1

For making cultures you first heat pasteurised milk to 43 Celsius then add the dried culture TA61 and then keep the milk at as close to 38 Celsius as possible for 7 hours by which time you will have a thick natural yogurt full of pro-biotic Streptococcus Thermophilus and now it can be refrigerated. When you are nearly out of yogurt you just repeat the process but instead of using the dried culture TA61 you can use a cup of yogurt in a liter of milk. If you ever forget to keep some or run out of yogurt you can use some more of the dried culture that you store in the freezer, 1.5g of TA61 will make a lot of yogurt.

Making Cheddar is a bit harder as you have to keep the cheese at 11 Celsius while it matures and most fridges are too cold although I hear that some people have had good success with wine coolers. The village of Cheddar has caves which are naturally at 11 Celsius all year long which they use for the maturing.

Making mozzarella and a crumbly feta are much easier and ready almost immediately. Mozzarella freezes fairly well and Feta can be stored in brine or in oil almost indefinitely meaning you can make up large batches.

Very interesting, how hard is tasty to make?

It's really not hard to make tasty mozzarella, feta and ricotta cheese. My mozzarella is better than anything I have bought and is ready the same day. My ricotta is great, it's made after the mozzarella from the left over whey, it tastes like normal ricotta and freezes fine. Feta is a bit more open to taste, some prefer mild, some strong, some like it soft, others crumbly. The TA61 I sell produces a dry crumbly feta and depending on how much lipase you use can be mild to tangy, up to you regarding how much if any salt you use.

I buy raw milk straight from the dairy for 21 Baht a liter. 5 liters makes over 500 grams of mozzarella and over 100 grams of ricotta. So for 105 Baht I get over 600 grams of cheese, cheaper than the cheapest cheese in Macro and so much better.

But, as I said before, matured cheeses are more difficult and the tasty factor will also be more of an issue for these.

I really must suggest to anyone considering making cheese for the first time to start with something easy and take it from there.

Adding Lipase powder, an enzyme, will improve flavor and is a must for anyone wanting to make a professional quality cheese.

i am going ot close the thread as you are selling your items... you can advertise in the classifieds section. feel free to discuss cheese making no problem....just start a new thread with 'making cheese' or something along those lines.

btw, its really easy to make basic soft white cheese w/o rennet:

milk (fresh milk), almost to the boiling point, add vinegar or lemon juice and stir. add salt . pour in to cheesecloth or old baby diapers cloth or muslin. twist and hang over night. or put in bowl with weights... lasts about a week w/o losing its good flavour.

i did it from fresh goats milk for years (my own goats).

and the liquid can be used also in cooking.