British Airways Flights

DD13

Flew BA recently...out in Club World and back in Economy.....both were fine IMHO....crew were pleasant both ways and the breakfast in Club was memorable.

No complaints although the Middle East carriers have far better seating in Biz class....particularly Qatar.

BA now operates the Boeing 777 (no fancy tail colours) on the LHR-BKK, not the old 747's anymore since it became a 'day flight' both ways at the end of October . (I prefered the night flights) . The 'World traveller Plus' cabin is a lot better than normal economy, you get a business class hot meal (the tray is different) and that little bit more space makes a big difference especially now if you're awake as it's a day flight.

The other thing about the day flight on BA in economy it's now attracted the 'let's see how drunk I can get ' passenger for some reason . Which was not really a problem before

• Like 1

The 'World traveller Plus' cabin is a lot better than normal economy, you get a business class hot meal

Not exactly true. From the BA website:

"on most flights your choice of main course comes from our business class Club World menu"

In other words, you might get the same main course as business class on some flights, but the starter and dessert will be cheaper and nastier.

The 'World traveller Plus' cabin is a lot better than normal economy, you get a business class hot meal

Not exactly true. From the BA website:

"on most flights your choice of main course comes from our business class Club World menu"

In other words, you might get the same main course as business class on some flights, but the starter and dessert will be cheaper and nastier.

AyG, as I said , same hot meal as business class , but as we both said cheaper tray. But Metal cutlery (wow) !

I'm guessing from your ID that English isn't your native language, so let me explain: "meal" means all courses, so no, it's not the same "hot meal" - it might (or might not) be the same "hot main course" - but the other courses are different.

I opted out of a BA reasonably priced flight last year when their advert stated that their leg room was up to 2 inches less than Emirates and 1 inch narrower.

Added to which they praised that fact they gave 23 KG baggage, but only in one bag. Emirates was 30Kg with no limit on the number of bags.

So I paid about £20 extra for Emirates.

Obviously this is economy, but did I make a mistake?

I opted out of a BA reasonably priced flight last year when their advert stated that their leg room was up to 2 inches less than Emirates and 1 inch narrower.

Added to which they praised that fact they gave 23 KG baggage, but only in one bag. Emirates was 30Kg with no limit on the number of bags.

So I paid about £20 extra for Emirates.

Obviously this is economy, but did I make a mistake?

It depends on what you want. If you dont fit in a narrower seat then you should probably choose the airline that has wider ones. Likewise if your baggage requirements are greater (though with BA you can take a second full bag for just GBP55, which is cheap compared to many airlines).

Personally I like the direct flights with no stopovers that BA offers, and the way they serve the drinks properly. I have about as much fun in planes and airports as I would being stuck in an elevator, so I just want the evil experience to end fast. Even if I was flying business or first I would still just want to get it over with and get to where I'm going.

• 3 months later...

I'm looking at a mid-august flight on BA World Traveler Plus (premium economy) to LHR for B58,000. Seems like a good price for a direct flight...I also like that one has the option to upgrade to business on either or both of the legs if one wants. I've never noticed this online booking option with other airlines before.

Am I correct in understanding some of the BA related threads here that you cannot select your seats on BA flights online before 24 hrs before departure (without paying an extra fee)?

I'm looking at a mid-august flight on BA World Traveler Plus (premium economy) to LHR for B58,000. Seems like a good price for a direct flight...I also like that one has the option to upgrade to business on either or both of the legs if one wants. I've never noticed this online booking option with other airlines before.

Am I correct in understanding some of the BA related threads here that you cannot select your seats on BA flights online before 24 hrs before departure (without paying an extra fee)?

They seem to have changed their seat reservation rules since I booked in January when I read the same as you, as you can now choose seats early, at least in World Traveller Plus. Not sure about standard economy.

These days I actually prefer EMirates simply because it breaks changing in DXB breaks up the flight. With meals on each leg and watching films on their excellant ICE system the time does seem to go faster. One thing that puts me off BA is the arrival time at LHR 16:55 is that its rush hour both for flights and getting out of LHR by road or rail. Thai and EVA are due to move to the new terminal 2 in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

They seem to have changed their seat reservation rules since I booked in January when I read the same as you, as you can now choose seats early, at least in World Traveller Plus. Not sure about standard economy.

You can choose your seat @ £25 per seat extra !