Phra Buddha Issara criticised for jumping the gun

webfact

"He is a monk..." Who surrounds himself with armed 'guards' and interogates police officers captured by said guards. A VERY holy man indeed.

He is a monk, who has guard, some of whom may be armed and when those said guards catch plainclothes, armed policemen, that take them to the monk to show what he is up against in his campaign for democracy.

In many countries in this region monks have been on the forefront of protests and struggles for democracy.

yes like in 2010 red shirt campaign? many monks involved in that

So I am not being a hypocrite (and yes I am a Buddhist of 27 years) monks + politics = forbidden (to take part on EITHER side ). I am as much against monks taking part for the reds as much as anyone else

I would assume as a Buddhist of 27 years you might have evolved compassion for people who struggle for freedom and democracy.

Saying that Buddha Issara is involved in politics is just plain obfuscation or just a simple lie. He's involved in anti-government protests which try to get Thailand back on the right path to democracy rather than down to the path of corruptions, cronyism and Thaksin Ruling.

• Like 2

In my opinion, no matter if he is a real monk, if he has armed guards.

For a moment, keep aside all the hatred and let two sides talk, is definitely a step done.

It's not time of bashing and confrontation, but of reasoning and talks.

Stop with violence, also by words. And this is true also for the usual fanatics posting here.

"He is a monk..." Who surrounds himself with armed 'guards' and interogates police officers captured by said guards. A VERY holy man indeed.

He is a monk, who has guard, some of whom may be armed and when those said guards catch plainclothes, armed policemen, that take them to the monk to show what he is up against in his campaign for democracy.

In many countries in this region monks have been on the forefront of protests and struggles for democracy.

So I am not being a hypocrite (and yes I am a Buddhist of 27 years) monks + politics = forbidden (to take part on EITHER side ). I am as much against monks taking part for the reds as much as anyone else

I would assume as a Buddhist of 27 years you might have evolved compassion for people who struggle for freedom and democracy.

Saying that Buddha Issara is involved in politics is just plain obfuscation or just a simple lie. He's involved in anti-government protests which try to get Thailand back on the right path to democracy rather than down to the path of corruptions, cronyism and Thaksin Ruling.

as I pointed out, and you ignored for your own reasons, there were many monks involved in 2010 on the Reds Side

I am as much against that as this and these are anti-democracy protests not PRO so your correlation is a very biased one

I see the Myanmar struggles as much more in tune with the red pro-democracy here and the Generals in Myanmar (anti democracy) with the yellows you so strongly support

Edited by binjalin

as I pointed out, and you ignored for your own reasons, there were many monks involved in 2010 on the Reds Side

I am as much against that as this and these are anti-democracy protests not PRO so your correlation is a very biased one

I see the Myanmar struggles as much more in tune with the red pro-democracy here and the Generals in Myanmar with the yellows you so strongly support

I ignore all attempts to put us from the topic of Buddha Issara and his involved in non-political anti-government protests. Your continued attempts to lable the anti-government protests as political means you seem not to understand the total disgust some have for the non-democratic Thaksin-only government. The Nation in floodwaters and Thaksin a passport. Pheu Thai changed amnesty bill into blanket amnesty bill and Yingluck with " don't blame me, it's up to the Senate". "Please go home and all will be well".

The protests are like a fight for democracy, not a simple political issue.

Your so called "red pro-democracy" has studiously tried to forget that their UDD leaders turned Pheu Thai MPs either voted for the blanket Amnesty bill or abstained. The "justice for our 2010 deaths" completely forgotten, just help protect the Yingluck government which double cross us. Name protesting farmers political rabble or 'fake' farmers. Anything but blame this Thaksin government.

By naming the anti-government protesters 'yellows' you just show your own bias.

Edited by rubl

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This just looks like more posturing to me.... no decision makers at the table.

Well other reports said somchai wongsawat (pt guy) wants chalerm, tarit, and core red shirts to join the talks.

In such an instance as this, talking is the action of brave and wise people.

He is a monk, even if he is against the governments abuses, he is first going to look for peace.

I am curious which of them approached whom first. Better a side channel of communication,

it mights save lives, even if it doesn't same anyones jobs.

you'll get your halo cut off if you're not careful

He is a monk, even if he is against the governments abuses, he is first going to look for peace.

I am curious which of them approached whom first. Better a side channel of communication,

"He is a Lear jetting, torturing, thug harbouring monk" you mean? rolleyes.gif

He should change his name from Phra Buddha Issara to Rasputin, far more appropriate laugh.png

Edited by Boxclever

"He is a Lear jetting, torturing, thug harbouring monk" you mean? rolleyes.gif

He should change his name from Phra Buddha Issara to Rasputin, far more appropriate laugh.png

I don't think that's what he meant as at least some of us know that would have to be a totally different, maybe non-existing monk. there is a learjetting one, being defrocked, if not already. The torturing monk, the thugs harbouring monk must come from your imagination.

That would mean your conclusion is based on wrong assumptions and incorrect.

Now go do some reading and educate yourself.wai.gif

Edited by rubl

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of your post, .......It is wholly irrelevant as to who approached whom first... that still smacks of a puerile pi$$ing contest (who blinked first). I applaud the fact that they are talking, and only hope that they do so genuinely and that some good comes of it and lives are saved.

As if history hasn't provided enough examples, the era of backroom deals must come to an end. The people of this country are tired with everything that happens behind closed doors. Corruption breeds in that environment, and suspicion breeds in that environment as well. I can't imagine what would possess this monk to enter talks with Thaksin's brother-in-law. Doubtless his motives are honest. But the public should run as far from it as possible. It is like taking the argument right back to the source. It's like Keenu Reeves going back to the architect of the Matrix and saying " You know, you have a pretty neat outfit here. Perhaps I jumped to hasty conclusions. "

Interestingly enough according to the BP, Somchai (Wongsawat) was disappointed that Phra Buddha Issara posted the conversation on facebook.

Have a little faith in the monk. Till now he has shown himself to be an astute tactician and negotiator while avoiding violent confrontation. His reported terms for continuing negotiations, that attacks on demonstrators stop for the next 3 to 5 days, may bring a pause to the violence or show that the attackers are totally out of control.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This just looks like more posturing to me.... no decision makers at the table.

Well other reports said somchai wongsawat (pt guy) wants chalerm, tarit, and core red shirts to join the talks.

Which one of those is a decision maker ?

I see the Myanmar struggles as much more in tune with the red pro-democracy here and the Generals in Myanmar with the yellows you so strongly support

I ignore all attempts to put us from the topic of Buddha Issara and his involved in non-political anti-government protests. Your continued attempts to lable the anti-government protests as political means you seem not to understand the total disgust some have for the non-democratic Thaksin-only government. The Nation in floodwaters and Thaksin a passport. Pheu Thai changed amnesty bill into blanket amnesty bill and Yingluck with " don't blame me, it's up to the Senate". "Please go home and all will be well".

Your so called "red pro-democracy" has studiously tried to forget that their UDD leaders turned Pheu Thai MPs either voted for the blanket Amnesty bill or abstained. The "justice for our 2010 deaths" completely forgotten, just help protect the Yingluck government which double cross us. Name protesting farmers political rabble or 'fake' farmers. Anything but blame this Thaksin government.

amusing you attempt to say that stopping elections is not 'political'

you still ignore my point about the many monks in 2010 assisting the "reds" and that monks "should be monks" not involved with secular affairs

even the few people I know who are sympathetic to the protests (very few) despise this monk for letting down the Sangha and expect him to be de-robbed at some point, not because he supports the PDRC, but because it is NOT a monk's business

BTW we have Suthep saying 'no negotiations' and the monk going ahead - I guess as he is a monk there is NO ego involved there then... humble choice of name too whistling.gif

for those who don't know 'Issara' means : Lord, Chief, Master or Ruler and I think we all know who Buddha was

Edited by binjalin

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of your post, .......It is wholly irrelevant as to who approached whom first... that still smacks of a puerile pi$$ing contest (who blinked first). I applaud the fact that they are talking, and only hope that they do so genuinely and that some good comes of it and lives are saved.

I don't see why thinking who blinked first is implied.

I was thinking who made the first move was 'who had the diplomatic strength', not the fearful weakness.

So hardly puerilely childish at all.

It seems Somchai was not happy this was made public.

I wonder why he would not want to be seen as a peacemaker, and by whom?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you still ignore my point about the many monks in 2010 assisting the "reds" and that monks "should be monks" not involved with secular affairs

even the few people I know who are sympathetic to the protests (very few) despise this monk for letting down the Sangha and expect him to be de-robbed at some point, not because he supports the PDRC, but because it is NOT a monk's business

BTW we have Suthep saying 'no negotiations' and the monk going ahead - I guess as he is a monk there is NO ego involved there then... humble choice of name too whistling.gif

for those who don't know 'Issara' means : Lord, Chief, Master or Ruler and I think we all know who Buddha was

Would stopping elections in Zimbabwe be considered 'political' by you. Would stopping bogus elections in Myanmar before be labelled 'political' by you?

Monks seem to stand at the front of democratic movements at times. Myanmar one or two years ago, Vietnam longer ago. To be condemned by you?

Some may despise Buddha Issara for being pro-democracy, others honour him because of it.

As for the meaning of 'issara' you provide, you seem to want to suggests something. Can you tell me who gave this name to the monk?

According to the inter web. Issara also means "liberty "

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Would stopping elections in Zimbabwe be considered 'political' by you. Would stopping bogus elections in Myanmar before be labelled 'political' by you?

Monks seem to stand at the front of democratic movements at times. Myanmar one or two years ago, Vietnam longer ago. To be condemned by you?

Some may despise Buddha Issara for being pro-democracy, others honour him because of it.

As for the meaning of 'issara' you provide, you seem to want to suggests something. Can you tell me who gave this name to the monk?

how can he be pro-democracy when he supports the anti-democrats - he is plainly AGAINST democracy

you have not addressed my point about the monks who supported the reds in 2010

who do YOU think gave this monk the name of Buddha??? pretentious don't you think?

how would you feel about a priest called Christ? anyway... I'm against any monks involved with politics, extorting money from hotels or any secular activity as it is illusion and they should be above it - thanks

Edited by binjalin

how can he be pro-democracy when he supports the anti-democrats - he is plainly AGAINST democracy

who do YOU think gave this monk the name of Buddha??? pretentious don't you think?

how would you feel about a priest called Christ? anyway... I'm against any monks involved with politics, extorting money from hotels or any secular activity as it is illusion and they should be above it - thanks

Buddha Issara like many anti-government protesters protests against the undemocratic attitude of the Thaksin Pheu Thai led government. You saying that those protesters are anti-democratic is just repeating the government line on this.

Why would I talk about 2010, too many already try to compare then and now.

So, who gave Buddha Issara his monk name? BTW in many Spanish/Portugese language based countries 'Jesus' is a regular name.

Anyway, we are discussing monk who is on the forefront of democratic protests against an undemocratic government controlled and commanded by a criminal fugitive abroad. No idea who the 'extorting money from hotels' monk is, unless you're just twisting the truth about a hotel offering compensation for not willing to honor reservations.

thank you wai.gif

Buddha Issara like many anti-government protesters protests against the undemocratic attitude of the Thaksin Pheu Thai led government. You saying that those protesters are anti-democratic is just repeating the government line on this.

So, who gave Buddha Issara his monk name? BTW in many Spanish/Portugese language based countries 'Jesus' is a regular name.

Anyway, we are discussing monk who is on the forefront of democratic protests against an undemocratic government controlled and commanded by a criminal fugitive abroad. No idea who the 'extorting money from hotels' monk is, unless you're just twisting the truth about a hotel offering compensation for not willing to honor reservations.

thank you wai.gif

you know as well as I do he threatened the hotel and they were forced to pay or put up with this monk in their lobby - don't lie to yourself or others please

you know he is breaking the rules of monkhood and that there were similar monks on the reds side (in fact LOADS more) yet you seek to obfuscate

you also know that the movement is undemocratic and blocked legally held elections - therefore he is undemocratic - how is this government undemocratic? it's laughable cheesy.gif and you only betray your fascist leanings wai.gif

thank you wai.gif

you know as well as I do he threatened the hotel and they were forced to pay or put up with this monk in their lobby - don't lie to yourself or others please

you know he is breaking the rules of monkhood and that there were similar monks on the reds side (in fact LOADS more) yet you seek to obfuscate

you also know that the movement is undemocratic and blocked legally held elections - therefore he is undemocratic - how is this government undemocratic? it's laughable cheesy.gif and you only betray your fascist leanings wai.gif

Thanks for the party line.

and now back to reality where once more a monk is in the front line of democratic protests at a more-and-more desperate government which even found it necessary to have it's own first two years in office included in the blanket amnesty bill they tried to push through. That's when protests really started. Not as a political action, but as a protest of people finally fed up with a government having corruption as a top item they concern themselves with.

BTW do some reading

- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705771-luang-poo-buddha-issara-rejected-check-in-at-sc-park-hotel/

- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705937-sc-park-hotel-pays-rallying-monk-buddha-issara-bt120000-in-compensation/

PS you start to sound as awfully frustrated as my dear departed nurofiend two years ago or so. He also tried to tell me what to think and I was my normal obdurate self, hardened in wrongdoing as some have it smile.png

thank you wai.gif

Thanks for the party line.

and now back to reality where once more a monk is in the front line of democratic protests at a more-and-more desperate government which even found it necessary to have it's own first two years in office included in the blanket amnesty bill they tried to push through. That's when protests really started. Not as a political action, but as a protest of people finally fed up with a government having corruption as a top item they concern themselves with.

BTW do some reading

- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705771-luang-poo-buddha-issara-rejected-check-in-at-sc-park-hotel/

- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705937-sc-park-hotel-pays-rallying-monk-buddha-issara-bt120000-in-compensation/

PS you start to sound as awfully frustrated as my dear departed nurofiend two years ago or so. He also tried to tell me what to think and I was my normal obdurate self, hardened in wrongdoing as some have it smile.png

some 'get it' some do not

you make me laugh so that's no bad thing wai.gif let's summarise for you "no political action in BKK", "demos not political", "stopping democratic election not political" ok that sums up your position - well done w00t.gif

Somchai said the grenade attacks killing children in Trat and Bangkok must be the work of a mysterious "third hand".

Luang Pu said there are only two groups involved in this conflict and it wasn't his group that did it.

Edited by Dogmatix

He is not a 'real' monk who lives by the Buddhas teachings and the Sanghas rules

NO politics

This guy has led demos, question serving Police Officers blindfolded etc.

I know of no Thais who supports bringing the Buddhist tradition here down to the level of politics - the monkhood should be above it

I have spent some days in forest monasteries, and several people from the Thai Forest Sangha, both laymen and monks, have told me that the Forest Monks are supporting the “White Warrior” Luang Por Buddha Issara in his “fight against evil” that is destroying and splitting the country.

That fight against Thaksinism was already initiated by the venerable Ajahn Maha Boowa, who was considered an arahant, many years ago.

None of the 227 rules of the Vinaya monastic code prevents the monks from peacefully fighting evil, corruption, and wrong doing in dirty politicians.