Catnip in Chiang Mai

sunoco27

Catnip in Thailand is not the same thing as in the West. Twice we bought some; once from a seller at Mae Jo Uni and another time on-line from a seller on pantip.com (not cheap). Both times the "catnip" was nothing more than oregano or something. Our cats took one look at it and walked away. We threw it away both times. We got the real thing on eBay and the cats were happy.smile.png

Yes, a type of catnip grows abundantly here in Thailand. No need to buy it. Believe me, the cats will love it the same as the non Asian genus of catnip.

I treat it like a weed as so much of it grows around my house. My cats are especially fond of the roots, they go mad for it.

If you can't find any around where you live I'll send you some if you pay the postage and packaging. No charge for the 'nip! Just send me a private message and we'll sort it out.

Edited by schondie

• 11 months later...

Yes, a type of catnip grows abundantly here in Thailand. No need to buy it. Believe me, the cats will love it the same as the non Asian genus of catnip.

I treat it like a weed as so much of it grows around my house. My cats are especially fond of the roots, they go mad for it.

If you can't find any around where you live I'll send you some if you pay the postage and packaging. No charge for the 'nip! Just send me a private message and we'll sort it out.Hi

Hi,

I have a couple of cats. Would love to get the Thai name of this plant from you if possible. I don't think I can pm yet since I just registered here.

Thanks alot.