Got a single entry Non-B at immigration here (changed visa type)

As the title says; this gent says he gets his single entry Non-B's in Thailand and that he does not need a re-entry permit as he has not left the country on that visa, so he can do it once before he needs to purchase a re-entry. This sounds wrong to me ?

Lloyd you are wrong if the visa was obtained IN Thailand like mine is by my employer it is a single entry therefore i can leave the country once WITHOUT any re-entry permit needed, i have done this every year for the past 7years

If they have never left the country then they have never entered the country on that visa, therefore they have a single entry that they can use, FACT

as i keep saying if the visa was granted and issued IN Thailand then you still have 1 entry valid for that visa, i don't understand why you don't get it, the visa is a single entry so how can that be used up if never entered the country as you have never left...do you understand? I do this every year and i don't need a re entry permit because my visa is issued in Thailand and not another country, if i got my visa in Laos for example then i would have to use that single entry to come to Thailand therefore using that single entry, and yes next time i left i would need a re entry permit

i go to BOI one stop shop every year with admin girls from work and i am asked if i want to pay an additional 2700 or something for a multiple entry but i stick with the single as i leave the country once a year so i have a single entry and no need for a re entry permit

i'll tell you waht when i finish work i will go home and take a photo of my new visa and you will see it is a single entry that does BOT say used, so i am able to leave and come back once with NO re entry permit, my company is a BOI registered company

would the fact he is a BOI company make a difference to the visa ?

Admit, I am confused

He is confused.

He is not getting a visa every year he is getting an extension of stay and applying for single re-entry permit.

" i go to BOI one stop shop every year with admin girls from work and i am asked if i want to pay an additional 2700 or something for a multiple entry but i stick with the single as i leave the country once a year so i have a single entry and no need for a re entry permit"