Anand Panyarachun named the most suitable neutral prime minister

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The result was that a clear majority or 60.30% of the respondents agreed with it, reasoning the present government has lost the legitimacy to run the country

​Look what happened last time the PTP didn't listen to the voice of the majority. The amnesty bill of which over 60% were against it created deep division and violent conflict in Thailand.

Well the majority have spoken again. I bet the PTP have not learnt their lesson.

They didn't take a hint when Thailand had the lowest voter turn out in history last election (if you can call it that) and I bet they don't take a hint now.

Funny how regime leaders always fight to the bitter end. yingluck even said it.

• Like 1

I have lived in Udon now for the last 4.5 years and love the people and the area

have done alot to the place to make it a place I love to live in

But the wife is now talking that it is time to sell the house and businesses and move to Hua Hin

She feels Taskin will never loose face and let his sister loose power

she has been told to set up a power base and rebel government in Chaing Mai

and the future for Thailand we see is fighting

Bangkok and Issan will become battle grounds for those trying to show how tough they are

I asked about Pattaya, she smiled and said no way husband ?????? ha ha

This is her opinion, but I can only say, she has been right every time she has made a prediction for all that is happening

Do as she says. She's Thai, she's the boss. Funny you never mentioned your wife before now.

She probably never told him to before. biggrin.png

• Like 2

I have lived in Udon now for the last 4.5 years and love the people and the area

But the wife is now talking that it is time to sell the house and businesses and move to Hua Hin

Bangkok and Issan will become battle grounds for those trying to show how tough they are

This is her opinion, but I can only say, she has been right every time she has made a prediction for all that is happening

Do as she says. She's Thai, she's the boss. Funny you never mentioned your wife before now.

She probably never told him to before. biggrin.png

I am near Hua Hin... if you want mini Bangkok than that's the place for ya... it is being overbuilt now...10 years ago was awesome..but recommend a weeks stay there at least to test the waters...Cheers!

• Like 2

Anand supported the 2006 military coup that abrogated the People's Constitution and overthrew the government of Thaksin Shinawatra. Anand had been a sharp critic of Thaksin for several years prior to the coup, and he blamed the coup on Thaksin. He also stated fears that the military junta would fail and that Thaksin could make a comeback. "When the [Chatichai] government disappeared from the scene [after the 1991 coup] there was no fear it could make a comeback. But over the past five years Thaksin and his party have become too powerful. They have consolidated their hold over the government machinery and certain sectors of the armed forces and parliament. So I think it's a more precarious situation." Anand claimed that the coup was well received by the people and that the military junta's ban against opposition or political activity would not last long. He also noted surprise at the international community's condemnation to the coup.

He is my Man.

he is way too old....he can help but as prime minister, when the reds try to derail everything and surely will lie outside Thailand without shame, they need someone younger.

If the army accepts the new government the rebel government in Chiang Mai will be history in 2 hours.

• Like 1

Red trolls have already appeared.

To be honest my own opinion is that he is probably too old, and it is a step back. The cupboard to be fair is bare when it comes to a suitable person to step in, and stabalise the mess that Thaksin / PTP have created. Surin is certainly a qualified and respected candidate, but is likely to be unpalatable to the reds, in fact anyone other than a Shin will not be acceptable to them. It's pretty clear to me that their will be an interim government, but what happens at that point, who knows?

• Like 1

The result was that a clear majority or 60.30% of the respondents agreed with it, reasoning the present government has lost the legitimacy to run the country

​Look what happened last time the PTP didn't listen to the voice of the majority. The amnesty bill of which over 60% were against it created deep division and violent conflict in Thailand.

Well the majority have spoken again. I bet the PTP have not learnt their lesson.

They didn't take a hint when Thailand had the lowest voter turn out in history last election (if you can call it that) and I bet they don't take a hint now.

Funny how regime leaders always fight to the bitter end. yingluck even said it.

"majority have spoken again"? was there another election I missed? or some minor poll of the elites??? grow up <deleted>

PS 1,650 respondents decide fate of Thailand? your posts are so biased and uninformed it's quite embarrassing 27.82% of the respondents named Anand Panyarachun that's 73% did not choose him can you read?

I know the truth hurts, but it is time to accept the majority even if you don't like it.

Thai Thai's made it very clear through the ballot box (or lack there of) by showing that this election was the lowest voter turn out in Thai history. The lowest in over 70 years. It goes from over 70% to under 50% in less than 3 years. You might hear something now. It is called alarm bells. (UK has a consistent low voter turn out….No alarm bells) It is called trends. And I tell you my friend, this trend is alarming to say the least.

This poll is a broad section of the Thai population, not just the 30% that voted. This poll is the broad section. With me so far?

I will help you understand.

Democracy has a wide potential base of support but offers weak incentives to its defenders. Dictatorship provides stronger incentives to a narrower base. As education raises the benefits of civic participation, it raises the support for more democratic regimes relative to dictatorships.

If anything this polls highlight that the majority have spoken further when you compare the poll and the voter turn out they are in sync. If anything the poll is biased towards to PTP.

If I was PTP supporters I would be happy that 40% still think this govt is legitimate after the abysmal rice scheme corruption. After the minions cheered the terrorists in Trat. Thank your lucky stars for that 40%. If anything the poll is rigged towards the PTP.

The majority have spoken. Time to accept it.

Biased cheesy.gif….Only when it does not suit your agenda...

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Anand supported the 2006 military coup that abrogated the People's Constitution and overthrew the government of Thaksin Shinawatra. Anand had been a sharp critic of Thaksin for several years prior to the coup, and he blamed the coup on Thaksin. He also stated fears that the military junta would fail and that Thaksin could make a comeback. "When the [Chatichai] government disappeared from the scene [after the 1991 coup] there was no fear it could make a comeback. But over the past five years Thaksin and his party have become too powerful. They have consolidated their hold over the government machinery and certain sectors of the armed forces and parliament. So I think it's a more precarious situation." Anand claimed that the coup was well received by the people and that the military junta's ban against opposition or political activity would not last long. He also noted surprise at the international community's condemnation to the coup.

He is my Man.

he is way too old....he can help but as prime minister, when the reds try to derail everything and surely will lie outside Thailand without shame, they need someone younger.

His mind is strong. I only worry that he may be too set in his ways. Thailand is changing. To end this, a future leader must compromise and I don't mean compromise with their side winning. Compromise down the middle.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand