Six Nations Rugby Sun 9th March

millwall_fan

Does anyone know of a rugby orientated pub with a good atmosphere in Sukhumvit on the Nana side of the Asoke protest site - so sois 3-19, that will be showing the 6 Nations rugby match between England and Wales on 9th March.

Went to Mulligans on soi 11 for the Wales/ Ireland game but we missed the start as they prioritised a soccer match.

My mate is going to be in town and, understandably, doesn't want to cross the Asoke rubicon at 1 am with a belly full of ale!

Any ideas gratefully received!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info both of you!

I had a look at the website of The Game which apart from looking rather American orientated (the English Premier League is described as the 'BPL') has a large advert on its homepage that announces various drinks at 'only 99 Baht' on Thursday evenings and then underneath notes Plus 5% service charge and 7% VAT. - So 110 Baht not 99 Baht. Not my kind of place, however good the burgers are!

My mate is emailing Kiwi pub to see if they show rugby with sound even if there are soccer matches on.

Any more ideas?

Chequers, the British Pub on Soi 4 will definitely have it on and WITH sound. this pub prioritises the six nations. Located opposite the Mai Peng Disco ( Old Nana disco ). Just look for the giant inflatable rugby ball hanging outside !

Chequers is a lovely little pub and the Cornish landlord very affable. I've been there a number of times and will go again. Also I was in the Black Swan by Asoke for the first time yesterday, again very nice. i feel they're a bit small for a good England Wales atmosphere though. Now that Mr. Suthep has marched his merry men away from Asoke junction, the possibilities above the junction resurface. So there's the Kiwi bar on soi 8 in the frame. Any others?

Moderators: can you merge my thread with Razzell's as we are asking pretty much the same question? This might concentrate the minds of Bangkok's rugby fans and help them come up with a few other ideas.

We don't merge topics but I closed the shorter of the two with a link to this one.

8 plus bar on soi 8 offering 100 baht pints is quite tempting! a geezer called Bennie mentioned it this morning but his post was in the nature of someone promoting his own bar, so, understandably its been pulled. They boast big screens and the aforementioned cheap beers. The pictures in their website gallery look quite appealing. Anyone tried it?

Any idea how much Kiwi charge for a pint?

So we know that they are showing it but do they have the commentary turned on which I think is crucial to enjoy the game properly?

Sadly they still haven't replied to my email enquiry sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

• 2 weeks later...