mobile phone to use in Thailand and Australia

tim armstrong

I'm soon going back to Australia for my son's wedding. I want a new phone that takes good pics, has a good screen and will work in both Thailand and Oz.. Nearer to 6,000 baht would be great, as I don't really have a need for all the extra stuff. But maybe internet access would be good too. All suggestions much appreciated.

Hi I have the Motorola Moto G and for the price it's an excellent all round phone. Decent screen. Latest Android kit kat 4.42. Fast decent size. The camera is OK for a 5mp. Not superb but good/OK.

Best of all is the price about $230 Australian

http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/motorola-moto-g-16gb-dual-sim-unlocked-mobile-phones.html

PS : that one is a twin/dual sim phone but if you only need a single sim phone. Then I will swap you my single sim moto g for the new twin plus 1,500b to you. So well under the 6k u wanted :D

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

Tim, you need to research (google) what bands the Australian service providers use and buy phone accordingly. I think it's not correct saying Samsung bought in Thailand wouldn't work on Oz, very very unlikely. At least the Samsung phones I know of that sold here are international variants and would work in many countries.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for that Shurup. Yes I doubted that info too, I wil do the research. I have a Samsung now but its getting old, and I'm a victim of advertising, so I think I need all the apps which in reality I would hardly use. Many of the new smart phones seem to be very similar to each other, so I might end up with another Samsung.

I think there is a market for a 'simple phone' for those of us past 50. It would have a bright easily readable screen, make clear loud calls, have an easy sms process, take photos without all the options, and have a homing alarm if you got too far away from it. In the meantime I'll keep looking.