Stay at home, CMPO tells the people

webfact

POLITICAL VIOLENCE
Stay at home, CMPO tells the people

BANGKOK: -- The government's peacekeeping centre on Thursday recommended that people stay home particularly in nighttime rather than join the anti-government protests, saying it would be difficult to find attackers if incidents were to occur.

The Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO)'s Tarit Pengdith said the suggestion was being made in the wake of increasing violence and attacks.

"We wish to suggest that people stay away from the protest sites and remain at home. There have been a series of violent incidents and attacks that have led to deaths and injuries. We believe that under the present circumstances, it is difficult to bring the attackers to justice and make them pay for the damage they cause," Tarit said.

He said the authorities concerned had reclaimed at least 60 government agencies from the anti-government protesters. However because of the Civil Court's ruling, such activities could no longer be continued. He was referring to the ruling that prohibits a crackdown or use of violence against the protesters. The ruling notes that the people are exercising their rights and that the protests are proceeding in a peaceful manner.

He also expressed appreciation at rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban's agreement for a combined unit of soldiers and police to enter the rally sites to provide security and undertake checks. Previously any security authorities were prohibited from entering rally sites.

Tarit said, however, that he hoped Suthep would not backtrack on his promise.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-27

So the (pro PTP) government CMPO is telling anti-government protesters to stay home? What a surprise.

They've been issuing the same message in varying guises since the protests began.

Can't imagine what their motives are.

He might also want to warn the red shirt who have surrounded the NACC offices - it won't be too long before they are also under attack by grenades.

So the (pro PTP) government CMPO is telling anti-government protesters to stay home? What a surprise.

They've been issuing the same message in varying guises since the protests began.

Can't imagine what their motives are.

Yes, now everyone can finally see, who benefits from these terrorist attacks against the protesters. If the protesters stayed home, the Government would win. If enough of the protesters stay home, the Government will move in and disperse the rest and change the laws later or get kicked out and come back in another name and get elected again.

Either way, the Government would greatly benefit, if the protesters stayed home, while the Suthep and his remaining protesters would get crushed.

So it seems quite obvious, where the violence comes from, especially, when UDD (a policeman leader of the UDD and the crowd attending), are cheering and clapping about 5 people being murdered in cold blood, in Trat.

• Like 1

The government's peacekeeping centre:We believe that under the present circumstances, it is difficult to bring the attackers to justice and make them pay for the damage they cause,"

So what peacekeeping centre???

Better rename it anti-Government protesters hunter centre!!!

Led by an alien, MR Alen....

The government's peacekeeping centre:We believe that under the present circumstances, it is difficult to bring the attackers to justice and make them pay for the damage they cause,"

Or Shinawatra Support Center. SSC.

Might be better to stay home. Masked Suthep militants are patrolling Central World today:

xBhd5mchCIAAePYX.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DVP12n

Bit dumb of Central security letting them in.. where are the RTP?

PS : any source for this picture?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 1

Might be better to stay home. Masked Suthep militants are patrolling Central World today:

Thai Visa news post.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707270-thailand-live-thursday-27-feb-2014/page-3

Edited by ShannonT

OK...Would you kindly enlighten us what's posting of pictures out of any context has to do with the topic at hand?

I'd say that CMPO knows that some red shirt/UDD militants are out of control and are going to take more violent approach so they warned people in advance.

Well, good thing that they enacted a SoE, just imagine how much worse it would be without it... (that was sarcasm)

Looks like was posted by Go6 TV - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=835488013131523&set=pb.173829542630710.-2207520000.1393495975.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-prn2%2Ft1%2F1622626_835488013131523_1949892413_n.jpg&size=960%2C639

who? http://www.go6tv.com/ [erm... if you're squeamish, then perhaps best not go there. Mind you, if you're squeamish, perhaps you're also in the wrong country.]

OK...Would you kindly enlighten us what's posting of pictures out of any context has to do with the topic at hand?

I'd say that CMPO knows that some red shirt/UDD militants are out of control and are going to take more violent approach so they warned people in advance.

I dont see the news post saying anything about the UDD. Is there a source you want to share or did you make that up?

I dont see the news post saying anything about the UDD. Is there a source you want to share or did you make that up?

I'd think that given previous violent incidents in 2009 and 2010 carried out by Red shirts it's pretty obvious. Were you living in Bangkok at the time, or holidaying in Dubai?

Maybe the CMPO should spend less time trying to trick people out of their freedom of speech and more time catching people who are throwing grenades at people exercising their freedom of speech.

That would be a start, but it wouldn't fit with Chalerms agenda. Which reminds me, Chalrem stated 48 hours ago, that he knew everything. So why hasn't he sorted it out?

I'd think that given previous violent incidents in 2009 and 2010 carried out by Red shirts it's pretty obvious. Were you living in Bangkok at the time, or holidaying in Dubai?

Please stop spinning back in time and to Dubai to try and find justification for the fact that masked Suthep militants are walking around Central World and that people are advised to stay home.

• Like 2