PM Yingluck rejects face-to-face talks with protest leader Suthep

Lite Beer

I'm sure Suthep made the offer knowing she wouldn't agree to it.

He would be more than happy to hold a debate with Yingluck. Unfortunately, as Thaksin's glove puppet her performance would be less than stellar.

Maybe if they allowed her to consult with the crook in Dubai before answewring each question, it could work for her. Actually why don't Suthep and Thaksin have a debate via Skype? Thaksin is the one running things anyway. Little sis is just a figurehead.

It doesn't surprise me that Yingluck avoided the debate. M6 students could easily win the debate against her. She knows that she is not good enough. There's no need for further humiliation. The bottom line, you will never have an honest discussion with any of Shinawatras because all their deals are always conducted behind the close doors far away from the public scrutiny. They don't want their dirty dealings exposed.

• Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Debate is just a form of her acknowledging the protester discontent. Which she has not addressed nor has she addressed the farmer's plight. It is her job to talk to the public. But it's impossible to speak to all, but she can speak to Suthep as most protesters appointed him as the voice for them. What is so hard about that? She is just waiting for a Judicial judgement against her, as that is the only way she will get out of this mess without pissing her brother off. She better hope it's soon, before she has a nervous breakdown. I think she will do anything to not stand trial.

Debate is just a form of her acknowledging the protester discontent. Which she has not addressed nor has she addressed the farmer's plight. It is her job to talk to the public. But it's impossible to speak to all, but she can speak to Suthep as most protesters appointed him as the voice for them. What is so hard about that? She is just waiting for a Judicial judgement against her, as that is the only way she will get out of this mess without pissing her brother off. She better hope it's soon, before she has a nervous breakdown. I think she will do anything to not stand trial.

She can only read prepared scripts in Thai or in English and normally is too lazy to even scan through them first which makes for a hilarious delivery at times with much sniggering in the audience.

We'll we all knew she would refuse and for the reasons she has given. She doesn't know what to say without a lot of help.

What wise person would?

Never understood diplomatic language did you?

Stuphed wants to keep this at a kindergarten level. Macho man, as he thinks he is.

Come on ppl on TV, are you so empty headed that you can't see that this is a clown with a lethal mission?

Sent from the Appie Tappie

• Like 1

So Yingluck continues to come across as the International Statesperson to the International Community, while suthep continues to come across as the unelected playground bully boy he is.

International statesperson? Would that be due to the brimming with tears party trick?

We'll we all knew she would refuse and for the reasons she has given. She doesn't know what to say without a lot of help.

What wise person would?

Stuphed wants to keep this at a kindergarten level. Macho man, as he thinks he is.

Come on ppl on TV, are you so empty headed that you can't see that this is a clown with a lethal mission?

In contrast to Thaksin who is on a lethal mission but no-one finds amusing.

• Like 1

Not surprising with the pre-conditions Suthep imposed.

What that it should be face to face and televised?

Or that she should be alone? ie no one to give her answers?

After all she is a PM, so she should not have a problem to answer any question put to her, unless of course she still thinks PM stands for Pretty Model

• Like 2

So Yingluck continues to come across as the International Statesperson to the International Community, while suthep continues to come across as the unelected playground bully boy he is.

Yeah it's pretty funny. Just goes to show you how little the rest of the world knows about the realities of Thailand.

What wise person would?

In contrast to Thaksin who is on a lethal mission but no-one finds amusing.

I'm not a supporter of Thasksin, but of democracy. I'm a supporter of real elections without the threats of cowards. Yes, there's plenty of possible mistakes that the elected gov made but then thais hss to rule them out, democratically! Is this sooo hard to understand? Where do you ppl come from?? Russia? It surely looks that way. Cool your heads and think a little! !!!

the issues for the talks must be clearly defined.

knowledgeable people from different fields must participate

I need someone to help

Ms Yingluck said she alone could not answer the question

Please understand, without my brother around I'm clueless, as I'm the equivalent of a blond Thai.

I want the nation and the people to win."

I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.

Edited by JesseFrank

Suthep did not offer 'open' talks he offered a TRAP and Yingluck was wise to avoid it

The Thai people are not stupid and they see what this 'Dear Leader" is offering

Crush him is the cry from almost every Thai I know

What Trap? If she ain't got nothing to hide there's nothing to fear surely?

You need to cut out all the "bro", "dude" talk, it sounds like you're 16 or younger or something and it won't help you getting any other support from the dwindling reds on here. Keep up the debate but keep it mature.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Suthep did not offer 'open' talks he offered a TRAP and Yingluck was wise to avoid it

To put that into perspective how many Thais do you know? Your last sentence suggests that you may know a large number which you would need to in order to give your "cry to crush him" statement credence.

Edited by MMarlow

thainess again, all kind of stuff isn´t gonna happen anywhere else

I wanna have a tv show with Yingluck too biggrin.png

very witty suthep, he wanted to take advantage of her
he knows the folk is easily manipulable with few flags and a passionate speech ( even if equivocated or mistaken )
notty suthep notty notty passifier.gif otherwise ingenuous

Ms Yingluck said she agreed to a negotiation under the constitutional framework on the condition that Mr Suthep must end the rallies to pave the way for elections, and the issues for the talks must be clearly defined.

"If the dialogue is held beyond the constitutional framework, knowledgeable people from different fields must participate and make joint decisions. I myself cannot decide on behalf of people in the entire nation," she said.

Shes a smart woman, a lot smarter than Suthep and a lot of posters here on TV. Makes Suthep look like a caveman in comparison.

• Like 1

What Trap? If she ain't got nothing to hide there's nothing to fear surely?

You need to cut out all the "bro", "dude" talk, it sounds like you're 16 or younger or something and it won't help you getting any other support from the dwindling reds on here. Keep up the debate but keep it mature.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

can you read? where is the "bro" or "dude" in this post? and as I have received 1000 "likes" I don't need your advice thanks

Be careful what you ask for. The prime minister asked for dialogue and now she rejects it. No credibility at all.cheesy.gif

how do you arrive at that conclusion? Suthep made conditions and she is very wise to reject his entrapment

what has he achieved so far? Bangkok working as normal no "shutdown" his support went from about 200,000 to 5,000? he has had to close some stages, didn't stop voting in most of Thailand

now he grasps with silly offers like this - she is wise to sit it out

Ms Yingluck said she agreed to a negotiation under the constitutional framework on the condition that Mr Suthep must end the rallies to pave the way for elections, and the issues for the talks must be clearly defined.

"If the dialogue is held beyond the constitutional framework, knowledgeable people from different fields must participate and make joint decisions. I myself cannot decide on behalf of people in the entire nation," she said.

Shes a smart woman

Smart enough to know her own overwhelming inadequacies such as being able to discuss her opinions openly in front of a national audience on her own. She knows she would fail miserably, but as you say, she's smart enough to recognize that.

I myself cannot decide but I need someone to help look at other problem-solving perspectives.

Ms Yingluck said she alone could not answer the question and opinions from several people would be more beneficial as there would be knowledgeable people to jointly find resolutions.

I would like to know what she can do by herself, besides shopping of course.

She can lie, cheat, steal and of course cry on cue. That 4 things.
Give an instance where she cheated or stole.

If I may quote you:

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. Winston Churchill

And in return for my highlighting your tag, I suggest you read mine:

Well, there's the case of Yingluck commiting perjury, dismissed by Tarit from the DSI in the grounds that, well, she did in fact lie to the court but since the case was against Thaksin and not her then it's OK.

Tarit has a very strange definition of perjury.

(*) AKA she lied to the court when she declared the opposite, AKA perjury... except for Tarit.

Shes a smart woman, a lot smarter than Suthep and a lot of posters here on TV. Makes Suthep look like a caveman in comparison.

The lady is not for Turning-she doesn't do interviews- smart in fashion only. If she was that smart the country would not be enjoying the corruption over the last 3 years.

"haven't time I am too busy for all that twaddle I am stuck up north busy at OTOP--and fake hill tribe people".