Bomb thrown at Pojaman whistle- blowers’ house

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you that are comparing whistle blowers to security guards and people who use whistles in their jobs you obviosuly are not smart enough to see the difference of someone blowing a whistle randomly than someone IN YOUR FACE AND SPACE blowing it directly at you. Thats is Assault just like there are VERBAL ASSAULT laws where you can be arrested for screaming obcenities at someone this is no different.

Just to be sure may I ask if you're aware we're discussing a situation in Thailand, not in Europe or the USA?

i think the fact that the bomb did not explode is more relevant here than most are willing to credit and may be an indicator of who actually threw it.

it is very difficult to give credibility to either side, i suspect both are using misdirection and violence in equal parts.

I also believe that there is possibly a rogue element in between the two that may be causing mayhem for mayhem sake -- essentially non-partisan agitators stirring the pot.

either way something has to give.

• Like 1

All of you that are comparing whistle blowers to security guards and people who use whistles in their jobs you obviosuly are not smart enough to see the difference of someone blowing a whistle randomly than someone IN YOUR FACE AND SPACE blowing it directly at you. Thats is Assault just like there are VERBAL ASSAULT laws where you can be arrested for screaming obcenities at someone this is no different.

The king has spokencheesy.gif

Now be kind enough to refer to exact section of the law which classifies blowing whistle into someone's face is an assault.

Also be kind enough to post some case laws where punishment for such an "assault" is being blown up into pieces

If you can not, please refrain from posting utter drivel

• Like 1

Is it a bomb or just some left over plumbing parts.

The communists burned down the Reichstag if I remember my history!

Well yes but no. It was burned down by a Dutch schizophrenic communist acting more or less alone. Nothing to do with the German Communist Party. They took the fall though.

• Like 1

The famous aphorism " the pen is mightier than the sword " - one can safely assume has never been adopted by the UDD and their myriad of bomb-throwing sympathizers. It's not that they have to convince themselves that the bomb is mightier than the whistle. They seem to have done that already. But it does show the profoundly twisted logic of the UDD, nonetheless. To them whistles are apparently the most potent weapon there is. They must be, or Thaksin's lawyer wouldn't be releasing a statement regarding this " chase of the whistles ". For Thaksin, this is clearly an international incident. From his point of view, it's outrageous that centi-millionaires are the subject of whistles. ( Though many an older woman would be flattered at the sound of them ). No, it must be - as Thaksin's lawyer stated - being hounded by the " elite ". It's hard to know what he means by " elite " in these circumstances, however, unless the definition means anyone who is somewhat shy of being a centi-millionaire. In any event, it is now pretty nigh impossible not to connect the dots with any of these bomb attacks - they generally occur at the PDRC rallies or the residences of the PDRC or Democratic politicians. Sherlock Holmes would solve this at the age of two. For some people, however, it's a puzzle as formidable as algebra itself. Connecting the dots is not nearly as comfortable when they connect to things you do you wish them to connect to. That's when math becomes really difficult.

• Like 1

Let's see where the Red shirt apologists are now.

Red Shirts have a long history of violence, intimidation and Arson. PDRC have a history of blowing whistles, and having picnics.

As for theme having armed guards around their demos, it's no wonder, otherwise they are sitting targets for being attacked.

Red Shirts and Khmer Rouge, doesn't appear to be a lot of difference.

Mmmm, there are a few million differences (at present anyway....). Can you tell me where the red shirts focus is on developing a purely agrarian society?.

Sure, militants are inside the movement.....but....Khmer Rouge?.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Did not explode" says it all. dodgy written all over it. These yellow shirts are the dirty tactic experts. I'm willing to bet he planted the bomb himself to gain sympathy.

By dodgy, did you mean inept? Not an unusual description of the red whored.

moonao logic: bomb did not go off equals "dodgy" equals "dirty tactic" therefore "these yellow shirts" are behind it, and the person whose home and family's wellbeing were threatened actually planted the bomb himself trying to score some sympathy points.

wow

had the bomb gone off would that have then led you to conclude it was "not dodgy", therefore a "clean tactic"?

or did you mean it cannot have been planted by some red shirt affiliates because their bombs do go off?

Whistles versus bombs! Both painful for the ears and a big warning to those thinking different than the government.

Whistles can be painful, but why are you comparing the pain with that caused by a bomb? pain caused by bombs goes well beyond affecting ears and is often irreversible unlike that caused by whistles.

i think the situation is well past warnings - some people are being killed for voicing different opinions, or even being near those who voice their opposition.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is it a bomb or just some left over plumbing parts.

The communists burned down the Reichstag if I remember my history!

You could apply a false Reichstag fire analogy to virtually anything if you want to make up an excuse to deny the reality of any situation or event. I guess you don't believe the Red Shirts burned down Central World either. I suppose you think Thaksin's maid's and chauffeurs really were multi-millionaires. I guess you think it was really Chalerm's son's driver who shot the policeman.

Any other theories you would like to put forth without any basis in logic or reality?

In and around the Khon Kaen area Sunday the highways were full of Red Shirt supporters in their cars, trucks and vans, songtiews etc., both old and young supporters with their red flags and the Thai flag. They caused traffice jams due to their numbers, from Khon Kaen to Kalasin.

This is the first time I have seen of any public sentiment in Isaan. I have worked with many Thai people and politics are not discussed at work or otherwise from my experience.