webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rats must love it.

Dead birds and mice have been found on the floor of the warehouse.

The birds and rats must have loved the rotten rice and then died from eating it...giggle.gif

Which of course would be caused by fumigation, which they deny was done, which they then claim can stop fungi???

All misinformed and messed up. Like the whole rice subsidy full stop.

Maybe they wee thinking about Fungimation ?

Ok, I get my coat.

It sure is a lot of fun to stick knives into the rotting corpse that is the rice scam,

and of course it will just get better and better as it is discovered that millions of tons

of rice is rotten. But there is a dark side for those of us that live here. That is,

as this rotting rice becomes impossible to sell on the open market, I have little doubt

that this rice will find its way into the supermarkets here...... :-( Guess I will have

to start buying Vietnamese rice...

I did like the mental pictures of the dead birds and rats found in the warehouse,

I can assume from eating the rotten rice.

It sure is a lot of fun to stick knives into the rotting corpse that is the rice scam,

and of course it will just get better and better as it is discovered that millions of tons

of rice is rotten. But there is a dark side for those of us that live here. That is,

as this rotting rice becomes impossible to sell on the open market, I have little doubt

that this rice will find its way into the supermarkets here...... :-( Guess I will have

I did like the mental pictures of the dead birds and rats found in the warehouse,

I doubt even the Thais would be that stupid. Its off nose, its mouldy. There isn't much you can economically do to make it look better or smell better. It is unsellable other than as pig feed. And even then I am not sure it would be safe to feed to animals.

The rats must love it.

Dead birds and mice have been found on the floor of the warehouse.

The birds and rats must have loved the rotten rice and then died from eating it...giggle.gif

Which of course would be caused by fumigation, which they deny was done, which they then claim can stop fungi???

All misinformed and messed up. Like the whole rice subsidy full stop.

Maybe they wee thinking about Fungimation ?

Ok, I get my coat.

Sounds nasty huh. Indeed. Fumigating for pests wont get rid of fungi. But then they take antiboitics for a cold here. So no surprise that they might be a little confused.

Anybody see any news items on the payments promised to be paid to the farmers today?

The minister said it would not be possible to pay them this week (this was 2 or 3 days ago). No link sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yummy love that Yingluck Rice. Notice no reds here supporting the rice scam

The usual lot will be here shortly suggesting fake rice, elite rice, amart, democracy, unfair courts etc, etc dont you worry about that.

Brother Number ones Internet Boiler rooms are in overdrive.

Anybody see any news items on the payments promised to be paid to the farmers today?

The minister said it would not be possible to pay them this week (this was 2 or 3 days ago). No link sorry.

There's a surprise. Cheque in the post, again....

No link needed, as he has said the same for the past 24 weeks, at the same time he has said for 25 weeks in line that they will be paid next week.

A certain person, when in power, was offering mega rice-fields to his Arab friends.How could he do this when the majority of Thai farmers own their land or lease it from someone they know and trust..

Easy. Promise them cash, don't pay them, let them borrow from the banks with their land as security.Still the money does not come.

The result is insolvencey, land taken coz they cannot pay, and the biggest land grab in Thai history to pay back the Arabs who backed a certain person.

Said this years back; now it's coming to fruition.

• Like 1

I have been wondering about that. In my local Makro they are selling jasmine rice but it's marked as "old". Should I avoid it? It's the Aro brand.

A certain person, when in power, was offering mega rice-fields to his Arab friends.How could he do this when the majority of Thai farmers own their land or lease it from someone they know and trust..

Easy. Promise them cash, don't pay them, let them borrow from the banks with their land as security.Still the money does not come.

The result is insolvencey, land taken coz they cannot pay, and the biggest land grab in Thai history to pay back the Arabs who backed a certain person.

Sounds despicable but wouldn't be surprised. Do you have any links?

Certainly within the realms of possibility. That rumour has been around for many years, and given Brother Number Ones track record, certainly possible.

• Like 1

Sounds despicable but wouldn't be surprised. Do you have any links?

That is a nice rumour but, the first line says it all. Most rice farmers do not own their own land, and most do not lease it from people they know or trust.

70% of the decent arable land of the country is in the hands of about 10% of the population.

Is it possible to make Lao Khao of the rotten stuff?

Its trying on its own.

Inventions are needed at this dark hour, what about fermented rice as the new national dish? Fish sauce and Somtam Paraa (fermented same, same) are already well knowned.

Well, rotten rice doesn't have that much use i suppose. maybe they can use it to put in the bricks for the flood defences....As the next message pointed out, it is going to be a massive loss. I stored a perishable product in thailand for 3 years. we had to break down the storage stacks every 3 months, run fans constantly for air circulation to keep the quality. when you look at these storage conditions, you know it can only be meant to be kept in there for afew month or so, maximum.

just the tip of the "riceberg" wait until they inventory the stock piles and discover how much is missing.

Or was never there from the beginning.

Or came from Burma or Cambodia.

From the kitchens of Kittirat to the tables of the public - here it is. By this time we are quite used to the massive storages of rice, but this really emphasizes the waste of the programme. It's heart-breaking - not only because it was the result of a lot of sweat to grow, not only for the fact that so many farmers were not paid for it, but for the simple reason that it never ended up on a table. To think that so much of the world is in dire poverty, this is a crime from this standpoint alone.

Yes...dear god...admidst all of this political bullsh#t, let us not lose sight of that giant elephant in the room. This is wasted FOOD we are looking at.

Is it possible to make Lao Khao of the rotten stuff?

If not Lao Khao, then commercial ethanol for industry or fuel ??

OK, I'm late to the party, I see this has been mentioned earlier ...

I'll get my coat ... it's the one with the seesip degree in the pocket

Edited by sandmike