Suthep declares end of Bangkok Shutdown

george

Poor Michael Yon, what will he do now seeing as he probabaly didn't do himself any favours with his red shirted neighbours in Chiang Mai by becoming one of Sutheps groupies

It's kind of funny. Andrew MacGregor Marshall is making fun of Yon by saying how he managed to break the news before Yon even though Yon's here and he's not.

You can feel the love those two have for each other!

• Like 1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

Seriously? You saw happy photos on Poo's Facebook and that's how you judge she's doing a good job? Who puts ugly and bad pictures on their own Facebook anyway? coffee1.gif

Yes I am going to assume there were no photos of the rice farmers who committed suicide due to the rice scam being broke from corruption......

• Like 1

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

How much do you think the failed rice pledging scheme has cost the economy? The government defaulted on 10% of the entire agricultural production for the year and withdrew 10% of the monetary base from circulation for an unspecified period. For Northeastern farmers who can only plant one crop a year they have defaulted on their entire production for the year. That is a spectacular achievement in economic terms which will have dire knock on effects. Before you say it was Suthep's fault, bear in mind that the payments were due in October and the protests started in November. Go figure.

Thanks for being the voice of reason ... thumbsup.gif

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

Good idea. And the Shinawats could be investigated at the same time. Their family wealth has increased a whopping 450% since little Poo took office and big brother told Forbes his sister's government sent him I billion baht. Shame the farmer's haven't been paid this week despite Yingluck's vow. Still she has her priorities, clearly.

Says who? I have family in Uthai Thani and they picked up their cash with the rice slip on Wednesday.

You realize that the BAAC wouldn't have the capacity to pay all the farmers if they had all the cash in their possession right now, right?

If their employees worked full time, they would be able to pay all the farmers in about 3 months.

• Like 2

Very very well played. Suthep is simply brilliant .

1. Yingluck is charged and most certainly will be guilty

2. The idiot red shirts are blocking EC so no chance of new elections in time

3. The idiot red shirts want to defy courts, army will act on its own

4. All agency fed up with shins

5. Shins lost billions from stock losses.

Now Suthep only needs to wait for a month or so and shins are out

• Like 2

Poor Michael Yon, what will he do now seeing as he probabaly didn't do himself any favours with his red shirted neighbours in Chiang Mai by becoming one of Sutheps groupies

It's kind of funny. Andrew MacGregor Marshall is making fun of Yon by saying how he managed to break the news before Yon even though Yon's here and he's not.

I follow both of them myself, and have had a right good chuckle, Yon calling AMM a liar and a paid Thaksinite, and dissing everything AMM says about Thailand, even though he's not there, and then you have Yon talking about suing someone for Defamation becasue they posted a letter claiming it to be from him to John MacCain !!

Then you had AMM challenge Yon to a skype debate about Thai Politics, and Yon flat out refused to participate, there's so much about Yon that his sheeple don't know about him..especially his run in with a Team Sergeant of a Special Forces ODA in Iraq, where he basically accused them of murder.. and then talks about suing for defamation, it's comical..

He's posted some good stuff, but has been out in the sun too much at times too!!

• Like 1

The plot thickens. Political machinations seem to be evolving on both sides to be "put up or shut up." With Ms Shinawatra having the upper hand at the moment. Unless a third candidate steps forward, which seems unlikely, Suthep looks ripe for defeat, and Yingluck remains the PM.

What newsfeeds are you following??

She is charged and will be found guilty

Her legal term as care taker PM is out in few days

She and her family lost billions

How exactly does she remain on top ??

Edited by whoisyourdaddy
  • Like 2

Isn't March 3 also the date that Yingluck officially lose the caretaker status ?

No, it is not. The constitution says she has to perform a new election before that date, but she has done her best. The little fac-dwarf has the responsibility. Jail the luni asap.

• Like 1

He get a phone call i guess. Finito Duce.

He has had a phone call, of that I am sure, but from whom? His backers have called him off. They must have a good reason for doing that. The suggestion, it was not a threat, of cessation rattled Suthep and the army, but I doubt that was the reason he was told to stop. Maybe there is a winner in the real power game. If so and it is team Suthep, we will soon know because come early next week his "council" will be appointed. His cheer leaders will then learn just what they have lost. If it is not team Suthep, I expect a lot of behind the scenes bargaining before he announces that he is retiring from public life to lead a quiet retirement out of the country - but no jail time. Time will tell, but I don't think we will have to wait long.

Good idea. And the Shinawats could be investigated at the same time. Their family wealth has increased a whopping 450% since little Poo took office and big brother told Forbes his sister's government sent him I billion baht. Shame the farmer's haven't been paid this week despite Yingluck's vow. Still she has her priorities, clearly.

Says who? I have family in Uthai Thani and they picked up their cash with the rice slip on Wednesday.

You realize that the BAAC wouldn't have the capacity to pay all the farmers if they had all the cash in their possession right now, right?

If their employees worked full time, they would be able to pay all the farmers in about 3 months.

Not wishing to stray too far from the topic, but as you raised it.. BAAC have not covered themselves in glory and have certainly alienated much of the farming community throughout the country. You do not dump on your customers and expect them to remain loyal, but that is exactly what BAAC have done.

• Like 1

I follow both of them myself, and have had a right good chuckle, Yon calling AMM a liar and a paid Thaksinite, and dissing everything AMM says about Thailand, even though he's not there, and then you have Yon talking about suing someone for Defamation becasue they posted a letter claiming it to be from him to John MacCain !!

Then you had AMM challenge Yon to a skype debate about Thai Politics, and Yon flat out refused to participate, there's so much about Yon that his sheeple don't know about him..especially his run in with a Team Sergeant of a Special Forces ODA in Iraq, where he basically accused them of murder.. and then talks about suing for defamation, it's comical..

He's posted some good stuff, but has been out in the sun too much at times too!!

I'm just following both for the drama. Marshall can be especially nasty with his passive aggressive posting of Yon's fat pictures. LOL

• Like 2

The rice pledging debacle hasn't exactly done much for the economy other than set alarm bells ringing at the IMF, World Bank, etc has it.

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

She hasn't done anything terrible EXCEPT FILL HER PURSE WITH THE THAI PEOPLES MONEY.

OMG man are you blind????

What a guy!

He didn't seem to give a sh*t about the traffic and inconvenience in the city before now.

Maybe he collected enough money from the "donations" to make himself so wealthy it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm so tired of this sh*t I can't stand it!

Yes, I agree that Thaksin is a creep, but it became obvious very early on that all this was going to do was to irritate people.

I leave the day before for a business trip so I won't be able to fully enjoy it until I get back at the end of April.

Thank goodness!!!

• Like 2