Suthep declares end of Bangkok Shutdown

george

Falang's are Guest's in Thailand and should not interfere in anyway with thai politic's .

fully agree! let the Thai's sort it out!

Who is interfering ?? We observe the lunacy here and comment for amusement.

It is called the balcony view of life. Meaning at the playhouse, sitting in the balcony, we observe what is going on on the stage, comment about it to the person next to you, but are clearly under no illusion that comments will affect what is occurring on

the stage.......

This is certainly an interesting move on Suthep part. He has some very

powerful people behind him ( understatement of the year......) , so it appears to me he has done his job, which was to shine a light on the rats in the dark corner

of the room. The " amnesty" bill was stopped, the insane 2.2 trillion baht fill up

the feeding trough bill was stopped, and now slowly the mind boggling rice

scam is coming to light. Now time to just sit back and let the courts and the

anti corruption agencies do their job, and hopefully put Yingluck in jail.......

Edited by EyesWideOpen

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every body agrees with the fact Thailand needs change, due to widespread corruption with in the Thai system, Suthep only wanted change in the political system, that his party had not been able to beat in an election for 14 years.

Thailand needs change in the wealth disparity in the country, when the Thai Laborer gets a 25% rise in wages to 300 baht a day, the Ammart complains as do the yellow Falangs, But when the richest man in Thailand wealth increases from over 2 billion dollars to 14.3 billion dollars over a Two year period, no one has anything negative to say! WHY?

The country needs change and most of those changes are not political but economic!

Cheers

"the richest man in Thailand wealth increases from over 2 billion dollars to 14.3 billion dollars over a Two year period"

More details please. It sounds like BS to me ... but that's not surprising coming from you.

Now now play nicely.

Falang's are Guest's in Thailand and should not interfere in anyway with thai politic's .

fully agree! let the Thai's sort it out!

Who is interfering ?? We observe the lunacy here and comment for amusement.

It is called the balcony view of life. Meaning at the playhouse, sitting in the balcony, we observe what is going on on the stage, comment about it to the person next to you, but are clearly under no illusion that comments will affect what is occurring on

the stage.......

This is certainly an interesting move on Suthep part. He has some very

powerful people behind him ( understatement of the year......) , so it appears to me he has done his job, which was to shine a light on the rats in the dark corner

of the room. The " amnesty" bill was stopped, the insane 2.2 trillion baht fill up

the feeding trough bill was stopped, and now slowly the mind boggling rice

scam is coming to light. Now time to just sit back and let the courts and the

anti corruption agencies do their job, and hopefully put Yingluck in jail.......

put Yingluck in jail.......

Not going to happen.

I have read numerous posts about the caretaker status ending. So a question for you experts on the Thai constitution. Can anyone tell us what is provided for in the constitution as far as what is "theoretically" supposed to happen at that point and who runs the government at that point. Does the King appoint a temporary Prime Minister, etc. until elections and at what point is it necessary to have elections? I am just too lazy to read the document and I'm looking for a quick and simple answer.

Thanks

The Senate appoints a temporary PM.

They are all temporary - even in Zimbabwe.

But in Thailand they tend to be more temporary than elsewhere!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

Why would you expect to see unhappy faces on Facebook pictures? That doesn't mean anything. Yingluck is doing what she's good at and what she's always done, photo ops. Apart from being a symbol of her brother's connection she isn't really the issue despite the attempts to get rid of her. If she goes the PTP won't collapse although it might struggle without Thaksin.

She's introuble over the rice scheme not because she's done anything wrong but because she was heading the Rice Committee whilst the alleged corruption took place. I doubt she knew much about what was going on or had any control over it or much else in government. There have been suggestions that she's taken more of a stand recently but I don't know if that's true.

A pm is normally an experienced politician who understands how to debate and promote their party's policies and how to lead and control those MPs under them and how to deal with those in opposition. If she had started at the bottom and stood in elections, preferably ones she was likely to lose and worked her way up she may well have turned out to be a great MP or PM.

She does get a lot of abuse and some is unnecessary but the real abuse has been by her brother and the PTP She's been used as a nice face to show off whilst others do the controlling.

I've never liked Suthep but he has started something which will hopefully start a movement towards a better Thailand although I think it will take a long time.

Every body agrees with the fact Thailand needs change, due to widespread corruption with in the Thai system, Suthep only wanted change in the political system, that his party had not been able to beat in an election for 14 years.

Thailand needs change in the wealth disparity in the country, when the Thai Laborer gets a 25% rise in wages to 300 baht a day, the Ammart complains as do the yellow Falangs, But when the richest man in Thailand wealth increases from over 2 billion dollars to 14.3 billion dollars over a Two year period, no one has anything negative to say! WHY?

The country needs change and most of those changes are not political but economic!

Cheers

You're absolutely right there does need to be reform which is the reason for the protests. Don't just listen to Suthep.

There needs to be reform of the courts and independent bodies IF they are biased. They do rule against the Democrats and Abhisit. There was one just today about dismissing a police chief and then the one about annulling the election. Of course the thread doesn't go far as once all cheering by red and government supporters is done there's nothing to talk about as they don't want to admit that their theory has been shown to be wrong in that case.

The reason there needs to be change before elections is because it's unlikely anything useful would be done after them. A few committees for mates to sit on then nothing. This would be PTP of course because the Dems can't win elections.

There's nothing wrong with increasing the minimum wage to help low paid workers but that's not what this was. Minimum wages happen in a lot of countries including my own but they are based on a larger than normal increase in hourly rates which occurs over a long time. The trouble is that doesn't look as good as 300 a day. Also it only covers Thais which sounds nicely nationalistic but businesses employ migrants instead so it cuts out Thais. Some companies moved closer to the border for this reason. I know that many companies find ways round this by things like making employees take work home. Even in the UK they have problems enforcing the minimum wage, in migrant areas particularly so I wonder how many actually get the 300 a day and what measures the government took to ensure compliance. My guess would be not much as the announcement of the minimum wage was what was important. That's a common trait here amongst officials.

The rice scheme was the same. A reasonable subsidy would be fine. Affordable and could be continued long term. A grant scheme for improvements such as land buying or machinery so that the money isn't wasted. Again a big amount of money is eye catching so that's what we got. Apparently farmers weren't the main beneficiaries but that's not what was important.

As for the Dems not being able to win an election maybe not and they do need to up their game. How they do that without resorting to giveaways like the PTP I don't know. It depends how much voters are swayed by them. If the Dems are so unelectable you have to ask why such costly schemes were needed anyway.

Finally some common sense, after 4 months, 23 dead, 100s injured, low income people badly effected, tourism and economy hardly hit. Thanks for easing the pain and suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Yes, common sense - notice which side it came from?? This whole episode could have been avoided if 'the evil dictator' had told his sister to do the honourable thing and step away!!!!

Hopefully Suthep has avoided a catastrophe of ginormous proportions!!

Once this is all over and the country is back on the rails it would be really nice for Suthep to be acknowledged world wide for what he has done.

There are not to many people with the strength and commitment he has shown to bringing down this regime .

Fully agree - a man dedicated to a worthy cause for the sake of the Thai people!!!

• Like 1

Well I guess the "donations" are down for Suthep (SUSPECT!), and I'm sure many would be interested to know where all the "donations" thus far have gone!?? As the line says in "Tropic Thunder" movie, "I have a Bad Feeling about this One"!! (ie: Suthep)

I very much doubt it has anything to do with funding, the game has moved on. Suthep has continually out maneuvered the government, and the pieces are falling into place for check mate on Yingluck.

Nice try at suggesting that Suthep has stolen the money.

Well, how else would you explain the 250 million he spent to buy land so recently on a day when the land office was closed and his bank assets are frozen?

You are pinning your own reputation, you and plenty of other hi-so sympathizers, on a man perceived as a bastion of virtue who in fact in 1994 scandalously brought down the Leekpai government with his scheme of getting allocation of land for poor farmers passed and then redirecting part of that land to rich cronies. Birds of a feather, etc.....

Edited by unanimosity
  • Like 1

Well I guess the "donations" are down for Suthep (SUSPECT!), and I'm sure many would be interested to know where all the "donations" thus far have gone!?? As the line says in "Tropic Thunder" movie, "I have a Bad Feeling about this One"!! (ie: Suthep)

I very much doubt it has anything to do with funding, the game has moved on. Suthep has continually out maneuvered the government, and the pieces are falling into place for check mate on Yingluck.

I agree MT. IMO funding was never an issue, the gathering of money in the street parades were mostly for show and to garner support. I believe YL is history IMO and can anyone in their right mind imagine this government ever running This again? What is even more astonishing is the degree of massive in your face corruption like has never been seen before in Thailand and it all seems business as usual.

Well, how else would you explain the 250 million he spent to buy land so recently on a day when the land office was closed and his bank assets are frozen?

HE didn't buy any land.

• Like 1

The accusation came from??

Yes, a highly dubious source.

HE didn't buy any land.

I think that his son bought the land (52 rai in NST) with Suthep listed as co-owner.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Oh yes, and as far as I can tell, Mr "Suthep" has already COST THAILAND more money in lost Tourism (millions of Tourists, Billions of Bahts) rism than he accuses Mr Thakskin of "pilfering", not too forget the lives of 4 innocent children!!

Sad though that was I don't think he killed them.

Edited by kimamey

Oh yes, and as far as I can tell, Mr "Suthep" has already COST THAILAND more money in lost Tourism (millions of Tourists, Billions of Bahts) rism than he accuses Mr Thakskin of "pilfering", not too forget the lives of 4 innocent children!!

Sad though that was I don't think he killed them.

Incredibly so, somehow he has got Suthep mixed up with Yingluck - I mean, they are not even the same sex!!!

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

I think it is more important to investigate this corrupt government !

Did not the NACC, unbiased, in depth, by the book, not fast tracked, 21 day, sorry i forgot a year and 21 day investigation already do that and the NACC did not find any grounds to charge Yingluck with anything more then, "Negligence in preforming her duties?

cheers