Expiry Of Retirement Visa

I don't think this subject has been raised previously but please forgive me if it has.

I'm from the UK and have had a Thai Retirement visa for the last 2 years.

I'm currently back in the UK and, for domestic reasons, won't be able to return to LOS until 24 August. However, my current visa only extends until 17 August.

Can anyone advise me on whether I will have to begin the application process all over again when I return? It would be nice to think that I might be allowed a few day's grace but probably there's no provision for that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I believe you have a re-entry permit that will expire on that date? If you do not re-enter until later it is invalid and you will obtain a 30 day entry without visa stamp. You would then have to go through the visa conversion and retirement extension process. I would just obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa in the UK prior to your return and do the retirement extension of stay process 60 days later.

I believe you have a re-entry permit that will expire on that date? If you do not re-enter until later it is invalid and you will obtain a 30 day entry without visa stamp. You would then have to go through the visa conversion and retirement extension process. I would just obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa in the UK prior to your return and do the retirement extension of stay process 60 days later.

Thanks Lopburi. That would seem to be the answer.